BeneFit Cosmetics Erase Paste in Fair

3.6

on 4/19/2012 2:24:00 AM

This has a lovely creamy texture. Its a little difficult to apply and layer because of the slickness of it. Definately needs to be set with powder to prevent creasing. It just doesn't cover dark circles and doesn't stay set for other blemishes. Definately gets cakey and separates after some wear.

Just not good enough to buy again.

on 4/17/2012 12:46:00 AM

Its pricey and if your looking for something on the cheaper drug store side, its not what your looking for. Its the best concealer I have ever used, it covers up dark under eyes, pimples, and irritated skin and well everything. If you're willing to spend the money go for it. The container seems tiny for what your paying but a little goes a long way. And also, here's a tip: Apply about 10% more than you really need so by the time you get where your going you have the right amount.

on 3/23/2012 9:15:00 PM

Patience is critical when using Erase Paste. It's not the kind of product that you can just dot on your face and go. However, it's one of the first concealers that has ever worked on my natural goth eyes.
I use a tiny concealer brush and and dot the product on, and then spread it under my eyes. I let it sit for a bit, and then add more as I need it. Erase Paste doesn't necessarily work as well when you try to blend it, it's better to let it sit on the skin and set, and then pat it on the skin gently. It almost feels like I am painting this on my skin sometimes.
The fair works for me which is remarkable because I have extremely white pale skin with blue undertones, so 90% of the concealers and foundations I've tried are too dark or too orange.
I have no idea why Benefit included a spatula with this product, this is something that I strongly feel should be applied with a brush.
For women with mature skin, remember to take your vitamin E and fish oil caps, this will prevent this sinking into undereye wrinkles. Oh and don't forget your blotting papers...this stuff must be oil based.

on 3/12/2012 11:05:00 AM

I bought this to conceal blemishes but I find that it works much better for dark circles. It has a gel-like consistency and is slightly salmony/peachy. The packaging is cute but a little difficult to work with. I find that it creases under my eyes a little as the day goes on, I'm always sure to set it with some sort of powder to try and reduce this. It does conceal the darkness under my eyes and it does work on blemishes on my face, especially darker areas. I either apply with my fingers or the pointy tip of an egg shaped sponge. If I apply with my fingers I find that it helps to sort of warm up the product and let it "melt" on my fingers before tapping it in an inverted triangle under my eyes. With the sponge I bounce it along the same inverted triangle pattern until it's blended nicely. It is very expensive and I still have lots left so I don't think I will be repurchasing. I will certainly use it up though.

on 3/7/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the ultimate concealer! It works wonders on everything from blemishes to dark under eye circles. I thought that the Fair shade would be too light for me, but it blends beautifully with my skin tone. I don't think I will ever buy a different concealer.

on 2/24/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the first high-end product I have ever purchased and I highly regret buying it! This is the worst concealer I have ever used. Actually it's the worst cosmetic product I have ever tried, period! I hate to sound so mean but I'm being honest. I have dark under eyes and very fair skin and this did nothing for me except make me look worse! It did not blend no matter the method of application or the amount of product used. Just looked flaky and creased and did nothing that it should have. I'm afraid to try any other high-end products now. I hope Ulta takes this back! I honestly have an e.l.f. concealer that does a way better job than this. Right now, Maybelline super stay concealer is working the best for me.

on 2/23/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ugh. Like a previous reviewer mentioned, this is pretty much the equivalent of smearing Pan Cake under your eyes. It's extremely thick and manages to be cakey and greasy at the same time, and while it does definitely cover shadows (It's so thick and pigmented I think it would cover a tattoo!) it's far to heavy for the delicate undereye area even when applied with a very light touch and it looks so unnatural. I'm 30 and don't have deep wrinkles but I do have fine lines under my eyes and this just migrates like crazy and makes the skin look horrible and crepey. I can only see this maybe working for someone who has problems with VERY dark circles but who has absolutely perfect line - free skin - perhaps in that case then this might be ok for you. For girls with a few lines or wrinkles on the other hand I'd say that a translucent, light reflecting concealer is miles better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am on my second pot and I have been using this for about 2 years now! It lasts a long time. I really like how thick it is. I have huge circles under my eyes and I think this does a good job of concealing them. I mean, they are still there, but much much lighter. I have never found anything I liked as much. I am always on the hunt since I look like a zombie most of the time, but this seems to be pretty much the best thing out there. I blend it really well to avoid creasing and then set with a microfinish powder (Makeup Forever). It is also good at covering pimples and scars. I would definitely buy this again.

on 2/6/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I get really dry under my eyes, plus I have inherited dark circles, so when I applied this concealer to my undereye area, I found out right away that it was too thick and did not blend into my skin at all. Rather (especially when I smiled) it migrated to and lines i had around my eyes and accentuated them, making me look older and like I had pancake on my face. YUCK. It did not cover my dark circles much (I think that may have been because the color did not match my skin). I will never use this crap again.

on 2/5/2012 4:59:00 PM

I honestly could not live without this product. I have horrible acne-prone skin and need full coverage.This is perfect for full coverage. It doesnt lasst all day but it last a good 6 or 7 hours. It is great for all skin types. I bought it because It is for dry skin and I had dry skin. So with my dry skin i LOVED LOVED it. Then for some reason my skin turned oily. So now I have oily skin and still use the erase paste because it STILL works. Its that amazing!! It is totally worth the price(:

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products