October 21, 2014 | 1732 users online

Skincare - Body - Crisco

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by staci01

I had to laugh when I saw Crisco on the front page of MUA. Growing up my sister had skin allergies/breakouts of all kinds since everything seemed to give her a rash. My poor mom had to try and figure out what she'd gotten into when we'd been out playing. They'd tried all sorts of creams, and tests, on her to find out her problems and then heal her skin up. She also often had reactions to the chemicals and ingredients in the creams. A doctor suggested Crisco and we all thought that was nuts. But guess what? The Crisco worked in healing up and moisturizing my poor sister's skin! Cheapest treatment ever and a bargain size container to boot! Still though if you look at the label all it really is is vegetable oil. And, as another poster pointed out, there are pesticides involved so I'd take some caution if you choose to slather this stuff on. I'm giving this a 5 due to it helping out my sister's skin other than that I,personally, wouldn't use it unless I was in the same predicament she was in when we were younger.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I tried this after seeing it on here and seeing the great reviews. I am always looking for a miracle product, and kinda love when it's not a typical $200 cream, so my curiosity peaked. I have very dry skin and this is not at all moisturizing. Also, I tried using it on top of my usual face cream in attempts to possibly seal in the moisture. This sucked at that as well. I just do not believe this has positive, if any at all, affects on the skin, but then again, this is grease we're talking about. Silly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by cece1030

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to laugh when I read the reviews for Crisco as a face cream...I had been searching for the parabans free products...no real luck...Happened on this forum explaining crisco as a face cream...Waited for a few weeks then decided to try it...Last night was the first time and it did make my skin soft...However, because I failed to do my homework, the culprit is cottonseed oil...When I did look into
cottonseed oil, I decided that your were exchanging one baddie for another...I will not use this again because of the ingredients...I have to laugh...can't win on this one....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by AirportHilton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I admit I was first put off by the idea of putting Crisco on my face, but I'm so glad I did. I use it by my eyes and on my forehead. I cnnot even begin to describe what a huge difference it made. It got rid of many of my fine lines immediately. I guess I needed more moisture than what my eye cream provided, but I'd say I look a good five years younger. I'm also acne prone and have sensitive eyes. I was worried that I would have an adverse reaction, but nothing so far. I don't put it on the lid or TOO close to the waterline though. It truly is a miracle for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

I was not even a little skeptical about trying this. Everyone seems so shocked by it when they first hear it! I will never spend 100$ on face cream again. I waited 3 months after using this so it wasnt a fluke that my skin was looking soooo good! But its true, a miracle in my eyes. My skin is super soft, clearer, and smoother.. it seriously is amazing. I use it morning and night. Granted I dont have acne prone skin and maybe get a little outbreak once a month but I haven't had a single pimple yet!!! Give it a shot, if it doesn't work you are out like what.. 5$??
ps. I whip it with a good amount of my perfume. The texture and scent dramatically improves.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by NewOrleansLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm so happy I gave this a try. I never really had problem skin to begin with so I can't say that it cleared anything up but my skin is so much better after using it. Just more clear, clean pores...youthful.
I put it on my entire body when I know I'll be staying home. It is a bit greasy for going out, and I do notice a slight smell. Put it on my feet, under socks, and my feet have never been more smooth.

I will use this for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by omgigotu

I saw review of Crisco on MUA this morning and I went ahead and bought it next door at the supermarket. It's cheap but works well moisturizing my hands. I haven't tried on my face yet and I am probably gonna hold off on that since I do have sensitive skin and a few blemishes now. It doesn't leave an oily residue or smell. A little bit goes a long way...like what everyone else said here. One thing I dislike about is the packing. The foil under the lid tends to get messy. I wanted to take all of the product out of the container some time in the future but I feel it will be difficult to do that because the edge of the rim is in the way and it would prevent me from getting all the products out completely and effortlessly. Besides that, it works great as a moisturizer. Who would've thought Crisco could do that? I would buy it again if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by CuriosityWasMerciless

I bought a tub of this for $2.15. I feel like I stumbled upon a great hidden secret! I have completely cleared up since using this - I had cystic acne (the hard ones that turn purple, never erupt, and stick around for weeks). I had them all along my jawline and under my chin and I was really self concious. Since I've been using crisco as a makeup remover and moisturizer, my skin is glowing, moisturized, and calm. My mother always says my skin looks really good - which is a big deal because she's always the first one to notice if I have a zit.

I've told people I know about this and they get kinda grossed out, like its lard or something. It is NOT lard - its cottonseed and soybean oil. Thats it! I love love love this stuff and I will be using it for the rest of my life. I also use it on my hair. I apply a quarter sized amount to my ends before I go to sleep at night. It doesn't mess up my pillows and I swear it has kept my ends in tip top shape between trimmings. Its making my hair grow so fast! I know its not actually making it grow, but its keeping the ends from breaking off.

I mix in a couple of sprays of perfume to scent the cream, and its perfect!

I now exclusively use this and vitamin E for my skincare regimen. Can't get more natural than that!

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

This is like a very expensive body butter, that left you broke and only able to afford cucumber sandwiches for weeks. But it's Crisco. Moisturizes for hours like nobodies business. I'm glad I listened to all the great reviews. A little goes a very long way. Highly recommended.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I will buy it again...to make oatmeal raisin cookies, though--not to use on my skin. I almost can't believe it, but this wasn't moisturizing enough for my face. I've struck out with olive and jojoba oils, too. I'm so dry, I'm surprised I don't erupt in dust when I cough...