October 21, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lrnm8

I'm in love with the color and texture of this lipstick. It is a true pinky nude and the picture above represents it quite accurately. Perfect for everyday, but also complements smokey looks. However, I won't repurchase because:

- The scent is too strong, in my opinion
- I can't stand the taste of it
- & L'Oreal cosmetics tests on animals!

I'm really disappointed because I thought MAC's Blankety would be a good dupe for it but turns out it's lighter than Fairest Nude. I DON'T want to repurchase because I refuse to support any company that are not cruelty-free, but I'm soooo sad I can't find a dupe for this amazing color! :( If anyone has any suggestions, pleeease let me knnooww!

**Edit: I've finally found a dupe! MAC's Faux, in my opinion, is very very similar but slightly has more pink than Fairest Nude which I love. Though Faux is a satin finish, which has the tendency to be a bit drying, I still prefer its consistency as Fairest Nude can sometimes be so creamy that it looks milky on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A fantastic lipstick for the price, the most gorgeous and flattering shade I have ever found in any line. Why did they delete this, it wasnt even released in NZ anyway such a shame its a winner. I am coveting my remaining half a tube. However I have found a comparable shade for those who are looking for a replacement - there is a Loreal shade called Simply Rose which is a tad darker, or Loreal Made for Me Naturals in Nude is a good substitute, not as opaque and pigmented but the colour is quite similar and gives the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. It is a great pinkish nude on my lips, and is great for work or some other time I need to look nice but not overdone. The texture is smooth and creamy and it has a slight sheen. It lasts long on the lips but doesn't dry them out. I can't say enough good stuff about this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color!!! On my lips, it comes out to a baby pink with a purple undertone. I love it!!!! My hg everyday nude lipstick was rimmel's moisture renew lipstick in 'spotlight beige' but this def comes close to it. The formula is very moisturizing and it has a slight sheen to it, so the color isn't completely matte and it doesn't look like you're wearing a crapload of gloss over your lipstick. Love the colour Riche line. Def will repurchase this color and others as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On me, this shade looks more like a pale salmon color as opposed to a true nude. That's a good thing considered I am so fair (BB Porcelain shades work for me). My interest in this shade was sparked when I saw a picture of Beyonce wearing this one. She totally rocked the pale mouth thing. Anyway, I paired this with a Revlon Color Stay Nude Liner and topped it off with a Smashbox Pop lipgloss and loved the results. My mouth was subdued yet it didn't look washed out. I liked how the formula felt on my lips..moisturizing but not too heavy. I could do without the fragrance. Why does lipstick need fragrance? So, if you are on a budget, and need a pale salmon lipstick (would work really well with smokey eyes), I recommend this one. Good buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by babydoll200

Didn't like this at all. Everyone is raving about it so I wanted to check it out. I am a nude lip girl but I prefer a pink nude lip and in some pictures online where girls showed pics of themselves wearing it, it looked nice. My main issues with it are the smell and the color. L'oreal lipsticks smell gross to me. Like a powdery-floral-Grandma-ish type of smell. They need to change that up in a hurry! Secondly, it is not really a nude color to me.........it is more of a rose/brown shade. I guess there are all types of nudes..........but this definitely comes up brown on me. :( I hate that most drugstores don't have sample tubes that you can swatch on your hand or whatever. That would help a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this lipstick. The consistency of it is lovely and the color is gorgeous! I love that it's the kind of lipstick you can apply without a mirror...effortless. And it's drugstore inexpensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is sooo creamy. It's a pink-ish nude color. I think it'll look great on any type of skin tones. I would buy again, only because it's pretty cheap and pretty nice for a drug-store lipstick. I can't really name any cons about this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NW15 and had read in Allure that this was the best nude lipstick for us fairer folk and I have seen this come up for review time and again on this site. I had a bit of trouble tracking it down (it was sold out at the first two stores I tried), but I took that as a sign that it is as good as everyone claims. It is definitely one of the few lipsticks that enables me to pull off a great nude look without making me look dead, chalky or as if I have smeared concealor on my lips. The color is pinkish beige with cool undertones. It is awesome for casual looks when you just want to look polished as well as for when you want a quiet lip that won't compete with heavy eyes. Application is good, feels a little thick going on, but once on it feels smooth and doesn't sink into lines. Lasting power for me was about 4 hours, not bad, especially for someone who is notorious for rubbing her lips together. One drawback I find is that it can be drying so I either apply my Carmex over it or use a gloss. I just got the L'oreal Colour Riche one in light pink and it looks really fantastic and just bumps up the gorgeousness of the lipstick itself. Another drawback (as others have noted) is the smell: it is the strong perfumey L'Oreal lipstick smell I'm sure many know. It is rather strong when you first apply, but it quickly dies down and goes away. Still, if you are sensitive to smells this might not work for you. Price was high for drugstore in my opinion, about 9 bucks or so, I'm sure if you're a good shopper and pay attention to sales and coupons you could probably snag it for cheaper. I will be buying this again if I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe that after searching high and wide, I finally found my HG pinky-nude lipstick for only 4.99 at Target. I searched Clinique, all of the Ulta prestige cosmetics, and Sephora, but so many of their lipsticks contained shimmer, which I do not like at all. I finally found this color, a gorgeous, creamy, subtle nude-pink at an amazing price, considering what I was willing to pay for a high-end brand. I can't wear this without any other makeup though, as it washes me out. But with makeup (light foundation, mascara, blush), this color works beautifully for me.