December 20, 2014 | 1767 users online

Skincare - Body - Crisco for Hair and Body

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My gyn recommended Crisco for preimenopausal vaginal dryness. At first I thought she had to be kidding. However, after many attempts to stop the itching, Crisco is the best so far. I've used A&D ointment, Vaseline, CeraVe (worked second best to Crisco), hydrocordone cream, coconut oil, etc. and the Crisco is the best so far. I use a small Pampered Chef glass container with lid to store about a 1/4 cup This way I don't have a tub of Crisco in my bathroom or bedroom. It's working great on my hands and feet too. Makes them soft and suprisingly not greasy. Haven't tried on my face yet, I think I may.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

This is like a very expensive body butter, that left you broke and only able to afford cucumber sandwiches for weeks. But it's Crisco. Moisturizes for hours like nobodies business. I'm glad I listened to all the great reviews. A little goes a very long way. Highly recommended.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by BakeCupcakesNotWar

So yeah I am actually writing a review for Crisco. I have been using this on my feet (right before putting socks on to sleep), hands and cuticles, under my eyes, and on the red patches on my cheeks for about a few weeks to a month now. This is all applied at night, by the way. In the morning, my face seems less irritated and instead smoother. Under my eyes seems smoother and definitely more moist. They used to be very dry and flaky when applying various makeup products. My feet have become remarkably smoother. They are typically very rough an scaly, especially in the winter. I haven't noticed a huge change in my hands, however.

I prefer a whipped consistency with any moisturizer, so I blended it first with a kitchen blender. Then, I place the product in an empty body butter container. It works perfectly, and is very convenient.

Pros: I have noticed changes in my skin for the better (esp. under the eyes). It is very cheap, easy, and readily available.

Cons: It doesn't seem to ever really sink into my skin. I will follow another reviewer who applied this to moist skin and see if it makes a difference.

Don't knock it til you try it ;)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by McKiltLifter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells disgusting despite the claims that it is unscented. Tried to mask with some Chanel No19 and to no avail. I used this on my dry legs and it would not soak in, too hydrogenated.
I would like to try some non-hydrogenated Virgin Red Palm oil just to see how the it would do in it's natural state.
Anyway I swear by Coconut oil now. In the hair and on the skin and also internally (made me lose a bunch of weight without even trying). I use Olive oil too and it is another amazing and cheap product.
Spend the extra two bucks and get some Coconut or Olive oil.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Paintpaso

I can't believe how much Crisco has helped my awful dry, itchy, winter skin. This stuff is the best. It contains 20% vitamin e, I am not sure if this is what helps or not but it is better than any over the counter cream I have tried, even upper name brands. It doesn't leave your skin near greasy as you might think, it quickly absorbs and leaves it so soft. Give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i might be the only one here that cannot use this. not only does it smell funky, but it just sits on top of my face and not sink in

on the face: i get whiteheads, blackheads the very next day. i stopped using it for months, then tried again. same thing...takes a while to recover

on the body: way too oily and does not absorb well, greasy yet not hydrating enough

best on cracked feet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by iiixvix

This makes a nice foot moisturizer. Takes a lot of time to massage it in and could do with a few drops of essential oils to make the smell more pleasant. It doesn't smell bad, but very plain and oily (it is just semi-solid oils after all!).

I wouldn't use this on my combination facial skin as I'm prone to blackheads, but it is definitely worth having this around for moisturizing the feet. I've used this on my legs and hands in the winter, helps cracking knuckles and ashy calves, but is too greasy for me during the summer.

The packaging is okay. It isn't originally intended for skincare but for kitchen use. You can easily put a large pat into an empty cosmetic jar.

Not an essential item for me, I could easily live without it, BUT for the price you may as well give it a try! If it doesn't work Crisco does help make a wonderfully flakey biscuit ;) † † †

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Mek5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I finally tried crisco as a moisturizer. Years ago I had heard that it made a great moisturizer, but I didn't try it until discovering it on here. It's very moisturizing. It doesn't sink in quickly and is greasy till it does sink in, but it isn't sticky feeling like vaseline usually is. The feel of it makes me think of a smooth and creamy version of vaseline. And the best part is how cheap it is! I got a 3 pound tub of it for less than $4. I definitely suggest this for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super impressed that this works so well. I don't think i'll ever be brave enough to put it on my face, but it does wonders for the rest of my body. I made a lip balm out of crisco and kool aid and I have soft supple lips. Before I started making crisco lip balm that was never possible. This recipe also helps me save money since kool aid and crisco are super inexpensive. I would highly reccomend this as a lip balm or body butter (but beware, a little goes a long way).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by 4csnar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought about trying Crisco until reading reviews. I purchased a small can today and will update you on it once I mix it up with coconut oil, shea butter and lavender oil. Definitely interested it trying it. In the infamous words of Minnie from the movie the help "Crisco, ainít just for frying. You ever get a sticky something stuck in your hair, like gum? Thatís right, Crisco. Spread this on a babyís bottom, you wonít even know what diaper rash is. Shoot, I seen ladies rub it under they eyes and on they husbandís scaly feet. And after all that it will still fry your chicken.Ē So I am going to try and let you know.