Hydrogen Peroxide

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Everyone has a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in their home for many different uses. However, I recently discovered how well this works for stubborn acne prone oily skin. I gave up on toners a long time ago because my skin hates them. For someone with oily skin, you would think it would love toners but most are made with alcohol and or witch hazel and they dry my skin out causing more oil production which leads to more acne. I read on a skincare board from people with my skin type using hydrogen peroxide to treat their skin. I tried this on a hot humid sweaty day (very oily skin) and with a moderate breakout (about 7 blemishes with one cystic acne mark on my jaw line). Hydrogen Peroxide is a miracle for my skin. It soothed the cystic mark almost instantly and dried it up to a pinhead dot in just two days. I soak a cotton pad in hydrogen peroxide and pat it all over my clean face and over trouble areas such as my jaw line every night before bed. In the morning, my pores appear less clogged and my skin's texture appears nice and smooth. I can be reactive and sensitive to products but hydrogen peroxide seems to be safe for my skin.

I love hydrogen peroxide for about a million different things, most of which are mentioned below. BUT, the thing I love it most for is not mentioned and it has been a godsend to me so I want to share it with everyone else on here. I used to have to take antibiotics very frequently (until I found alternative natural ways to treat myself) and EVERY time I would take them I would get a yeast infection. After using monistat about a million times i started trying natural methods. I tried yogurt, boric acid capsules, garlic, you name it. I don't know if they didn't work because I didn't stick with them long enough (they usually want you to do it for a week, but i would usually give up after about 3-4 days) but then I tried something my friend told me. Half 3% hydrogen peroxide (the normal stuff), half water, put it in a syringe and slowly squirt into your vagina, let it bubble a minute or two and then do it again with plain water to rinse it. I thought it was too good to be true but this cured me in 1 time and I didn't have to keep doing it. I highly suggest it ladies. Oh and PS I was worried it might sting or burn, but it doesn't, you can't feel anything.

on 12/16/2014 2:40:00 PM

I haven't used this as a toner, but peroxide is awesome for removing carpet stains and clearing up earaches. I had a recurring ache in one ear that wouldn't go away. I finally caved and tried peroxide and my ear was soothed and problem-free by the next day.

on 8/25/2014 8:47:00 PM

I wish I would have known about how effective this is on acne before I ruined my face trying a million scrubs, wipes, and primrose oil, only making it worse. My skin would look great right now but I have a bunch of IHP leftover from the breakouts the other stuff caused.

I had a patch of cystic acne on one of my cheeks I was desperately trying to get rid of for months, and after getting so stressed out about nothing working, I gave this a shot. I never did because I figured it would have the same effects as alcohol (just dries out the area or irritates it, doesn't make anything heal or go away. worse.)
I wish I would have read more into the difference sooner. I just started using this last night, and it is already healing the cysts that I have been struggling with for months, and its not even drying me out.
After spending like 60 dollars on trying to find the solution, and it was right under my nose for only a dollar, I'm pretty upset but relieved something seems to be working so far.

I ENCOURAGE anyone struggling with similar issues to TRY THIS before trying anything drastic! Besides taking Zinc and a Multivitamin of course.

Also, it is a fantastic mouthwash, obviously.

on 8/6/2014 12:08:00 AM

I like to take a Q-tip and dip it into my hydrogen peroxide bottle. I run it under my nails for a clean white look. Removes stains.

I don't suggest using it as a toner, tooth whitener and to highlight hair. Too damaging.

on 8/5/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best blood remover in the world!

on 8/5/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A great over-all item to have. Toners, teeth whitening, to even just a cut on your body :)

on 1/1/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always get a lot of compliments on how white my teeth are, despite the fact that I seem to do everything wrong in terms of the foods I eat and drink and I haven't used a whitening kit in at least 6 years. After flossing, I rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide for one minute, spit it out, and then brush my teeth. TBH I don't know if rinsing with hydrogen peroxide before or after brushing matters so long as you rinse thoroughly afterward. There actually isn't a taste or an aftertaste to it. I definitely prefer it over regular mouthwash because it keeps my breath fresher for a much longer period of time, and it's a lot cheaper.

Tip: After I ran out of the travel sized mouthwash I kept in my purse, I just filled up the bottle with hydrogen peroxide. If I'm on a date and worried about my breath, I head to the bathroom for a speed flossing session, rinse with hydrogen peroxide, and then rinse my mouth out with water. Since the hydrogen peroxide foams up in your mouth, you might look like you have rabies when you spit it out into the sink, so maybe just spit it into the toilet. Regardless, it works like a charm.

If you have sensitive teeth, I'd try equal parts hydrogen peroxide to water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It costs 2 bucks and works better than anything else I've tried, cheap or expensive, and I've tried pretty much everything.

on 10/24/2013 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I don't know how safe it is for regular use, but I applied it on my red, inflamed and huge pimples last night and this morning they have miraculously shrunk. This is the best for fast results.