Jojoba Oil

4.3

on 6/8/2015 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use jojoba oil every day. Three nights a week I add two drops to my Clinique moisturiser before applying it and and the other four nights I mix four drops of jojoba oil with two drops of rosehip oil and apply it to my face and neck. It takes quite some time for my skin to fully absorb it (it takes less time when I add it to my moisuriser), but I wake up with glowing skin. My skin is sensitive, but seems to really like the oil. When I started using it, I was afraid that it would make my skin more oily and that it would clog my pores. I can't use it during the day because it is too oily, but using it at night doesn't make my skin more oily during the day. It doesn't clog my pores, which is brilliant. It also seems to moisurise my skin really well.

I've only used in my hair once and found that it made it too oily. Then again, it's quite possible that I used too much.

on 4/9/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I mix a drop of jojoba oil in with my moisturizer both day and night after cleansing my face. It feels great!

PROS:
- absolutely perfect for dry skin (although this can be used with all skin types)
- makes my skin look healthier

CONS:
- none

on 4/9/2015 12:03:00 PM

I am totally in love with this oil. I remember being happy when I tried coconut oils and other oils for my skin, but they were all too greasy and heavy. Coconut oil would leave me so greasy and shiny and make my makeup slide off if there was some left. With Jojoba it sinks in nicely like a moisturiser with a perfect finish. I was looking to a natural alternative to moisturiser without all the chemicals so I am very happy I found this.

I also use it for my cuticles/nails, as makeup remover, night eye cream, hair serum and an overnight hair treatment and it works wonderfully for all of those things. I even mix a drop with my concealer or foundation (gossmakeupartist tip) and it makes it so glowy and pretty. And there's a girl on youtube who puts a tiny bit over her undereye concealer if it creases/cakes and it looks like it works really well (she's called beautyandtheboutique) so I want to try that too. Anyway this is my holy grail I'm so glad I found it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used Jojoba oil for quite awhile now as it seems to moisturize nicely. I have been using Tretinoin for the past year and the Jojoba seems to really help how much my skin dries out due to the treatment. I ran out of Jojoba oil and have used a generic non-irritating cream the past couple of months and it seems like my rosacea has really calmed down. I plan on reintroducing the oil and see what happens.

on 3/22/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The only con of jojoba oil is it's more expensive than the dirt cheap mineral or grapeseed oil. I've been spoiled by spending <$4 for a 6 month supply.....now I spend about $10/month.

But the pros of Jojoba oil outweigh that one con. This is the ***ONLY*** oil I've ever found that I can leave on my skin as a moisturizer without waking up to a nasty break out. I really didn't think I would ever find the right oil. I tried olive, coconut, walnut, grapeseed (I like it but can only use for mu removal), argan, mineral (same case as grapeseed), sunflower......the list goes on. All of those gave me awful pimples and clogged pores when left on overnight. Jojoba just left me with soft skin. It's incredible to me.

I like using jojoba to remove my MU, although it does get sort of pricey given the fact I use a generous amount. On the other hand - one bottle of this is still a hell of a lot cheaper than any premade items at Sephora. All oils seem to do the same job/efficiency when it comes to removing make up. I'm able to get long-wear foundations and physical sunscreen off in one go.

I use a few drops mixed with my mineral foundation to create a liquid. It makes my skin glow, when mixed together I find it gives more coverage than the powder alone. I have oily skin and I use it as a moisturizer and also mix it with clay mask powder to keep the clay from being too drying. I love it.

on 3/10/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I started using tea tree oil and lavender for my horrible acne. I've only been doing this for a week and a half and my skin was clearing up and it was amazing. So I thought I should add some jojoba oil to help with this. BAD idea. My skin broke out like crazy after first use. I'm horrified. So I have acne on my cheeks down to my jawline and chin, a little unnoticeable bumps on my chest, and distrusting huge scarring acne on my upper back. I hate those the most. But before I went to sleep I did my tea tree oil and lavender routine but this time I added a few drops of jojoba oil to my face, chest, and back. They next morning, I broke out. Not tiny bumps but the huge scarring kind on my face and back. And then bigger bumps than usual on my chest. Ugh. I was really hoping this jojoba oil was going to my best friend but really it left my skin much worse than what I started with.

on 2/20/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Seriously love this. Made my skin so so soft and silky!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use Jojoba oil strictly as a make up remover and I have yet to find another one. It even removes the most stubborn waterproof mascara.

In the evening, I warm a couple drops of this between my fingers and gently massage over my face and eyes and wipe it away with a damp, warm wash cloth. Some use this to clean their face, but my skin is oily so I follow up with my facial cleanser.

This is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and I've stretched out a small bottle to about a year.

on 1/8/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Before using this my skin was so oily that at the end of the day I would wipe my forehead and see the oil on the back of my hand. I did some research online and learned that jojoba oil mimics the structure of naturally produce sebum and tricks the skin into thinking that it's already produced enough so it impedes the production. I bought a 100ml bottle for £7.99 from Amazon and after the first few uses, I saw an instant improvement. I continued to use this over a period of 6 months and I can honestly say that my breakouts and blackheads have decreased and, most importantly, my skin is much, much less oily. I would 100% recommend this to anyone with oily skin, it's an absolute life saver!