October 22, 2014 | 1062 users online

Skincare - Face - Jojoba Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

One of the better oils I have tried but unfortunately my oily skin is not a fan.
It never helped with oil production and only made my situation worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by username2468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom bought an 120 mL bottle (approx. 4 oz) of Now brand jojoba oil at the health food store for about $10 a few months ago. Definitely not the cheapest skincare oil they sell, but boy, is it great! My teenage sister, myself (also a teenager), and my mom (early 50's) all love it. My skin, though never super problematic, has become insanely soft, without so much as a pimple. The strange red bumps on my sister's cheeks, which she has had for most of her teenage years have all but disappeared. My mom's skin is noticeably smoother and healthier looking.

As for the oil itself, it is a honey-coloured and fairly runny, with a light, plantlike odour, not unlike canola oil. It is stored in a clear bottle with a disk top, which can cause it to pour out too quickly. I apply it every morning and evening after washing my face. It looks a little greasy when I first put it on, but it absorbs quickly.

In general, this is a great moisturizer for many skin types, and I'd recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year as a makeup remover/cleanser/moisturizer and kind of been experimenting how to use it with my skin and it's great! it also removes waterproof makeup! I stopped using it as a moisturizer though and use only a couple of drops as a serum before moisturizer/primer/makeup. my face used to be very oily and this fixed the problem! HG ❤️

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Jojoba is not an oil - it's an ester - and compatible with human sebum.
Excellent as a carrier for aromatherapeutic purposes.
Easy to find. Stable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the 100% pure jojoba oil by now solutions. I only use this at night because it is a heavier moisturizer and all of it won't completely absorb but it does a good job. I don't feel the need to even wash my face in the morning. Just a few splashes of water then I apply my primer and my powder foundation. For being an oil I thought I was going to wake up with the biggest oily mess on my face ever when I first started using this. But I find I wake up slightly less oily then when I had put this on and definitely less then if I had used a regular nighttime moisturizer which surprised me. I haven't broken out from this either and my skin is very oily, not really breakout prone but definitely oily. I will continue using this as a nighttime treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have been using this for years. I've tried the Desert Essence, Now and Pharmaca brands and found them to be pretty much interchangeable.

My skin is combo oily/dry and prone to milia bumps and whiteheads but not pimples. However, I find a lot of moisturizers too heavy, and they often have too many ingredients or fragrance which can be problematic and cause me to break out. I like that this has only one ingredient (jojoba seed). It's mild, non irritating, has no added fragrance. I've tried coconut and olive oil and found them to be too heavy. This just agrees with my skin.

I use it several ways:
1) to remove eye makeup
2) mixed in with body lotion for extra softness
3) as a face moisturizer: my favorite way to use it is to smooth 5-6 drops over my skin, rinse with water, then pat dry (if i'm not rinsing it off, i use much less-- a drop or two). it leaves my skin feeling balanced and soothed, not greasy.

On hair, I find it tricky. Smoothes dry ends if I use very little (a drop or two) but it's easy to overdo it. I've also tried this as a deep conditioning treatment (saturated dry hair and left on overnight). It helped with the dryness but was just too difficult to shampoo out.

Costs around $10-12 per bottle which lasts me a good 6 mths.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by tmciulla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought mine from Leven Rose and I couldn't be happier. Wonderful as a serum under my night time moisturizer and makes a great AM cleanser. My skin looks and feels smoother and more hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Jojoba oil has helped my skin so much.I have acne-prone sensitive skin with acne spots and scars.I wanted a natural moisturizer for my face because the last few months it has been reacting so badly to everything I used.My face was red,the area around my nose and mouth was really
dry,flaky,red and was burning.I tried my Sensibio light from Bioderma but cured the problem for only a few hours.Then I tried almond oil which seemed to make it ok but the next day my face was back to being horrible.Btw I think almond oil isnt even suitable for oily skin.
I had given jojoba oil a try last year to help me with my acne.However I wasnt satisfied with the results and I had been using it for my hair - amazing!!!!
So I bought it again this year and I dont even know why I gave up on it.I got the Apivita (greek brand) organic jojoba oil and I paid about 10 euros for 50 ml.not bad at all since a little goes a loooooooong way!!
The texture is very light,it is clear in colour,and I think the scent can be described as earthy and natural.
I use 3-4 drops for my face and make sure to massage it really well.I even put it around my eyes and on my lips.Guess what.No more dry skin,no more flakiness,no more redness,bye bye horrible skin!!!:-)
Moreover this doesn't make me greasy.Before that I would wake up -whatever I had put on my face- and I would be an oily mess.But now my face has a healthy glow -no more greasiness that I had to wipe constantly.
Also this little magic thing saved me from a rash/eczema I had developed from applying Nivea creme around my mouth.It hurt so bad I could barely open my mouth.I was applying jojoba oil on my face several times for just a day and next morning it was completely healed!!! This is the only moisturizer I will be using since so many more expensive products have completely disappointed me.Also I had tried this under makeup and it is great.It gives you a beautiful glow although it doesn't last as much.but who cares?? Using jojoba oil will make sure you won't have to use too much makeup on your amazing,clear face.
Jojoba oil is great for my skin and I will never stop using it:-)♥ Now I know for sure that the simpler your beauty routine and as natural as possible , the better for you!!!
**********EDIT**********: NOT WORKING FOR ME ANYMORE,BREAKOUT CITY.MY ACNE-PRONE SKIN NEEDS SOMETHING MORE EFFECTIVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

I'm an outdoorsy person, but I'm very sensitive to poison ivy. No matter how much I try to avoid it, I occasionally get the nasty, itchy rash. Tried about every OTC topical treatment, but jojoba oil seems to help most. Soothes, and seems to help heal; not a cure but it helps. I will always keep a bottle of this around.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by tiffoie

Ok i bought a bottle of this from the australian golden jojoba oil line in hopes of curing my breakout. Turns out it just made it worse.It made my skin super dry and tight and red as well. I started to have flakes in my cheekbone and undereye area to the point where i began to have crow's feet and im only 17! . I was told this was good for clogged pores but it made it even worse. I tried using a moisturiser over this to ease the dryness but it didnt do much. I used this product for 3 weeks and ive been told the purging period lasts about 10 days so obviously this product is shit for my skin. However to finish the remaining amount(it was expensive), i decided to use it on my hair. And it works great. Made it less dry and shiny. So i would totally rcommend to use it for your hair. Also, the packaging is not so great. The pump squirts it out straight therefore t sort of goes everywher. I would definitely not recommend except myb for hair.