November 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Fragrances - Les Parfums de Rosine - Roseberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Spring has slowly started to show its happy face in this part of the world and for some reason, my reptilian brain says ‘bring fresh rose’ to me. Be it Roseberry then, something much more airy than rose+berries suggests. True rose lovers may not be impressed with its lightweight performance, and perhaps I love it so much for all the ‘wrong’ reasons. For one thing, it has nothing of the mystical, ‘deep’ quality of the big, sultry roses. To the contrary, fizzy aldehydes and chamomile make it clean and even soapy for me right from the beginning. (It doesn’t smell like some tired rose soap; it’s just some soapy rose) The heart brings out a slightly sweeter rose and raspberries. I can’t sense a particular drydown here; the scent just fades and perhaps becomes a bit ozonic or sheer on my skin – I get that ozone note with some other Rosines but surprisingly it's not disturbing me. On my skin, Roseberry projects well but the lasting power is meek. Still, I enjoy dabbing it in small doses rather than bathing in it (as I do with most of my fragrances) I’m giving Roseberry a 5 not because this is the most complete, quality or complex fragrance, but I really love wearing it and it makes me happy. I think it’s a great fragrance for befriending rose notes, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

I picked this one up because I love the pretty frosted bottles. Roseberry by Rosine is a very bright, fizzy, clean floral. I really liked it but was very disappointed in the lasting power. After wearing it on my wrist for 2 hours, it had completely disappeared. Literally no silliage for the price :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by christiglen

Very nice for a rose frangrance, much greener and less powdery. Nice and fresh. My husband really likes it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Greener, and fizzier with aldehydes than I was expecting. Dries down to a light sweet rose, not particularly fruity. Pleasant, but there's something "slight" about it--nothing compelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very feminine and soft rose perfume. Unlike some reviewers I do not find this to be harsh at all. Upon application the berry note is quite present which would lead one to believe that this fragrance is too sweet; however when the fragrance is allowed to settle down it is soft and really puts me in a good mood. The product description classifies this as a good mood fragrance and true to word. The fragrance really puts and extra spring in my step when I wear it. Unlike many rose perfumes it does not have a powdery drydown so one does not get this whiff of staleness as the day goes along which is sometimes very prevalent with rose scents. This also has very good lasting power on me. I only apply once daily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very well done perfume, but its just too fruity for me, When I wear it i end up with very little rose and a lot of berry and as there are so many other rosine perfumes to try I will finish my sample but I won't purchase a full size bottle. Someone who loves a berry/rose combination should love this, I am just beginning to realise that I am not a big fan of fragrances where fruit dominates.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Of the Rosines I've tried, Roseberry is the most generic perfume imo. I guess that's the berries. I'm not a great fan of berries in scents. It's okay, and I can see a lot of people liking it, but it doesn't rock my world.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay, I'm not sampling any more perfumes from this line. This is perhaps the only one I'd consider wearing, but it still reeks a bit of Glade air freshener on me. I blame the berry...most fruit/florals don't smell right on me. My mom loves the scent though -it works much better with her skin chemistry. My bottle is now at home on her dresser :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another interesting rose-based scent from Les Parfums de Rosine. Roseberry starts off quite green but then, almost immediately, the fruity notes take over. I find the blackcurrant note slightly too strong for my liking - giving the scent a sour quality for the first hour - and I think there is also some raspberry in the blend. Ultimately this scent is too fruity for my liking, although I like it better when the fruity notes have faded, leaving a rose-tinged musk.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 8:12:00 AM More reviews by cullyflight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one suprised me by being even nicer than I would have expected. If you poured a little dash of blackcurrant-juice in a bowl of chilled raspberryjuice and added delicious rosewater, the melange would smell like this. It is deeper and more sexy than I would have expected - but without any musky or oriental notes. It is just rose with ripe red fruit - perfectly balanced. And it is moodlifting and refreshing, too. There is nothing sharp in it and no perfumey, oldfashioned "typical rose"-scent. Juicy, redblooded, full of life and contagiously positive - without the lack of depth those perfumes usually show. Like a deep kiss hidden between a raspberry hedge and a wild rosebush.