July 31, 2014 | 1363 users online

Styling Products - Giovanni - Natural Mousse Air-Turbo Charged

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty much my HG styling product. I have fine, curly hair--lots of wave, curl, frizz, and volume if I brush it out. This helps define my curls but not weigh them down, dry them out, or be too sticky upon dry-down. It's a very light, pleasant scent too. A few pumps is all I use, I do go through it quite fast though. Cruelty-free company, not too expensive. I have been impressed with all of Giovanni's products, including their shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by bravenewworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING.

I have really fine/thin wavy hair and so I struggle to find products that don't weigh it down and make it look stringy. This mousse is fantastic - it gives me body, helps to define the wave when I scrunch it in, and doesn't dry my hair out.

My only note is that the hold and definition of this product is only okay and so for best results you should use something else as well; I find 2-3 pumps of mousse and a pea-sized amount of gel makes my hair look fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I'm making the switch to more 'natural' haircare products and skincare and I've been fed-up with my normal styling products. I have a disconnected haircut that is considerably shorter in the back so I like to have a lot of volume and 'oomph' so it doesn't lie too flat and look boring.

My expectations for this product were admittedly low, but I gave it a shot anyway. I'm very pleasantly surprised at how much I like this! It really does wonders for my straight, 'normal' hair.

I use about 5 pumps for my whole head and it never leaves my hair feeling sticky or crusty. I get exactly the look I'm going for. My hair has that sexy toussled look but effortless at the same time. Never feels weighed down at the end of the day either. No excessive build up.

Really great stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product at my beloved local hippie-dippy organic co-op for about $10 (about twice what I usually pay for mousse), thinking that I would try more "natural" products on my hair. I don't use it for volume (nothing but nothing gives volume to my pin-straight, very fine, extremely long hair) but to control fly-aways when I pull my hair into a bun or ponytail. For that purpose, it works really well. It doesn't work as well as the heavy-duty mousses that practically lacquer your hair into a kind of crunchy helmet, of course, but the hold is adequate for my purposes. It also leaves my hair shiny, which I like.

Unfortunately, I suspect (after three weeks of use) that this product may causing my scalp to break out! I will likely finish the bottle (too expensive not to!) but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the packaging. Love the scent!

I have a pixie cut with longish bangs and this gives it a slight lift and keeps my cowlick from looking like a cowlick. It adds some fullness to my fine, straight hair and is less sticky than other mousses, sprays and gels I've tried. I can feel product in my hair but it doesn't look like I have goop in my hair which is a big deal. All in all, its great for me and am so happy to find a natural hair product that works.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is very straight and this did not help to give it volume as described on the bottle. At the best, it may have lifted my roots a mere centimeter. Or less. It also made my hair look a little greasy. Perhaps my results were confounded because I don't blow dry my hair. I tried to make this work two times and ultimately ended up returning it. I heard that the Root 66 spray gives great lasting volume at the roots so I'll try that next. Sadly, it's not available at any of my local stores so I'll have to order it online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Giovanni More Body Hair Thickener Styling Gel for several years, but I recently decided to try the mousse, and I like it even better. It's super lightweight, which is great for my fine, straight hair. I apply one pump of product to my roots to give them body and a second pump to the length of my hair, focusing on the ends to give me the control to make them bend under when I blow dry my hair. I find that this mousse, though not moisturizing, does condition my hair just a bit, making it easier to comb through after I apply it. I'm definitely using this mousse from now on rather than the gel. I buy it at luckyvitamin.com or vitacost.com for a significant discount off retail price.

Ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile oil, clary, lavender, coltsfoot leaf, yarrow oil, mallow, horsetail oil, pvp/va copolymer, soybean protein, tocopherol, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance.
Ingredients:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MrsGear

I have been using this product for the last 18 months or so and I love it. I have thin, fine, naturally curly hair. I have found this to be the perfect weight and hold to not flatten my curls or make them sticky or crunchy looking. It is a very natural hold but it does keep the fly aways pretty well behaved. I try to use products that are as natural as possible and it is always great when I find a product that works without an ingredient list that makes me shudder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I love this product - it helps me create the perfect tousled beach hair waves.

With wet hair, I pump this product twice and scrunch it into my hair. I leave it to either air dry (If I have time) or blow dry it upside down, making sure to scrunch my hair while I do it. Then, I take a 1" curling iron and take random pieces to curl so it looks more defined and messy.

I love the texture this adds to my hair. Also a super big fan of the packaging - the clear container means that I'm never going to have one of those situations where I've run out and don't have time to get anymore. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mousse did nothing for my curly/wavy hair. I felt like it was drying on my ends and it didn't control my frizz. I only keep the bottle around to try to hold back some fly aways when styling my hair or to give it some volume at the roots now and then. I wouldn't repurchase or use as a regular styling product.

*UPDATE* I am bumping this mousse up some stars because I found that it holds in my fly-aways on really humid days when I put it on my DRY hair. I now use it just on dry hair to style and give more definition to my curls. It is not a miracle worker but it does help to hold some things in place on those nasty weather mornings.