February 1, 2015 | 2052 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2015 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as a moisturizer -- WORST mistake ever! After using this for about a week, it broke me out in hives, which when healed, left me with eczema all over my legs! Just horrible! If you have sensitive skin (like I do), I wouldn't even recommend trying it because you might be allergic to it like I am.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2015 8:47:00 PM More reviews by deniserocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this as an eye makeup remover (which it worked well for) because it is cheap and works. I assumed it was healthy and natural because it was for babies, and then I found out mineral oil is a PETROLEUM byproduct! So it's like leftover when they make gasoline and stuff. EW! Never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2015 12:41:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Review is for mineral oil unscented not J&J one. It's fine for a pinch. It's included in most high end cleansers, and I understand why, but it just doesn't work as well as olive, coconut or even avocado oil, for me, to break down m.u (esp mascara). It's okay. I wouldn't exactly discourage anyone from using it, but for everything people have mentioned here, I found that other oils do a better job. For hands, olive oil + Vaseline or plain vaseline, on damp skin, works better than the liquid baby oil.

Still good to have, and good for any budget. Good for highly sensitive skin. Might keep as only a sealant or occasional use, not daily.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:34:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

This was a staple in my Mom's dresser while I was growing up. Then again, raising 4 children would most probably warrant its place. :)
I remember using this to clean my belly button (I soak a cotton bud in it. TMI, sorry!) & maybe to tame minor flyaways as a kid, but aside from that, I really have no use for it. I do occasionally see a small bottle on my older sister's dresser & I've to admit I sniff it every once in a while because the scent reminds me of my childhood.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

So far it is the best makeup remover I have found. However, I do find that the store brands do not work as well for me but since it is not expensive and last forever I just buy the name brand.
I use this on a regular cotton ball. I just pull it apart a little to losen it then pour some oil on the cotton ball to moisten it and then place on my eyes for about 2-3 seconds and start wiping, that's it. It removes ALL my eye makeup including waterproof extremely easy. It never irritates my eyes and I never have to scrub them. I barely glide it over my lashes and under my eyes and I am done.
Occasionally I will pour some in my hand and rub all over my face to break down my makeup if I wore heavy makeup or a full face of makeup that day. Then I will tissue off and wash my face as usual.
Or if I am not getting ready for bed just yet and just want to remove my makeup at the end of the day I will do the above and tissue off from my whole face until nothing comes off and not wash with cleanser until bedtime. (I do not do this often as I do have oily skin and it produces even more oil when ever I moisturize too much)
Leaves my face super soft and I love the smell.
I also use this to shave with but be very careful as it can make the shower very slippery.
I keep a small travel sized bottle in my shower and pour just a small amount and rub it onto my legs and shave. It helps get a really close shave and makes my skin extremely soft and smooth better than any other product I have used to shave with.
I will sometimes add to my skin while still damp from my shower by pouring a small amount in my hand and quickly rubbing it onto my whole body. It actually absorbs pretty quickly which is shocking. Then I towel dry my body immediately and remove whatever excess is left. It moisturizes very well, not greasy at all and keeps my skin supple and smelling lovely.
This works so well I will NEVER purchase another makeup remover or cold cream again.
Also I use regular cotton balls instead of the pads because I get a ton for about a buck and they work just as well. I just loosen them up a bit to cover my whole eye and it's perfect. No need to spend a little more on cotton rounds especially when you get so much less.

UPDATE
I now only use this for shaving sometimes as moisturizer and still use as makeup remover only for very stubburn mascara etc. otherwise I use Noxzema to cleanse my whole face. See my review for Noxzema for my routine using that product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Exhaustibility

Overall great product, applied after shower and made my skin super smooth and soft:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've searched and searched for an effective product to remove my favorite waterproof mascara, that happens to be impossible to remove without losing lashes by scrubbing so darn hard to get it all off! I even asked the MU board for any and all suggestions. But i didnt want to pay a fortune for it, as my skin regime already costs a pretty penny. Someone suggested baby oil mixed with a little baby shampoo. I had both on hand and gave it a try. Eureka, it worked!! In fact, it cleansed my whole face of every drop of makeup and melted my bulletproof mascara in about 3 seconds (no scrubbing needed). After massaging this mixture onto my face and (closed) eyes I used a very warm wet washcloth to remove it. My face never looked so rosy and soft...like a babies bottom! After that I continue with my toner and serum/moisturizers. Wish I'd discovered this sooner and saved myself a lot of time and money. One tip I'd like to offer is to keep your eyes closed tightly until you remove the oil. It can make things a little blurry for a while after if any gets into your eyes. And that's no fun. This product is an easy and excellent way to remove even the most stubborn eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Use # 185 for baby oil: I have found that this takes off the makeup on all my mu brushes and beauty blender in a jiffy. I have used the beauty blender brush cleanser and Mac brush cleanser (my favorite) along with shampoos. So this is the routine I do and I find it super effective. I pour some in a cup and and the makeup just instantly soaks up into the oil, leaving me clean and soft bristles. Then I rinse it through with gentle face wash (I use cethaphil) to rinse out the oil and anything dirty that could have got stuck on them. For my Beauty Blender I lather it with oil and then squeeze it out. You see all the make up coming out and it turns into the the pink color in no time! I'm so happy I didn't stick to my old routine and tried something on a whim because this baby oil routine is so easy, fast, and might I add saves me $$.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by EducatedDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best eye make-up remover ever! I have been using it since high school to remove my eye make-up. I prefer not to use it on my face. I simply saturate a cotton round and gently wipe away make-up on one eye and I do the same for the other eye. I usually just buy a generic brand that is fragrance free. I have been doing this for over 20 years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG makeup remover! I'll never understand why people pay for expensive makeup removers when this works just as well, if not better. This effectively removes my waterproof mascara, Stila stay all day liquid liner (and it doesn't budge!), lip stain, brow gel... it removes anything! Just dab some on a cotton ball and go to town! I also have dry skin and this is amazing to use as a moisturizer. I especially love it after shaving my legs, it even gives a pretty sheen and isn't greasy at all. Plus I like the baby scent. There are just so many uses for this and it is pretty cheap and easy to find. I've even convinced several of my friends to ditch their high priced makeup remover and use this. If your skin can't tolerate baby oil as a moisturizer, please try it strictly as an eye makeup remover. It will not sting the eyes. Good luck!