April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Palettes - Josie Maran Cosmetics - My Favorite Lips

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

(Updated 11/9/11) What a terrific buy from Sephora this was. I already had one JM lipstick, so when I saw this palette—eight colors for $18USD!—I had to jump. It looked so beautiful on the site.

On the site these looked like dusty, rosy colors that are right up my alley. Cool-toned gals beware, though: except for the red in the lower-right corner, all the colors are warmer in person than they are on the site. My picture doesn't do it justice, either (too dark). Instead of brownish roses, I got rosy browns. They are all pretty wearable, though. JM lipsticks are greasy, so beware if you don't like that texture.

The packaging is incredible—I love that Josie refused to use the same tired old black packaging. The rose gold compact is so shiny that I still carry it around in its box, for fear of damaging the pristine surface. Although there is a mirror inside, in a pinch you could use the outside as a mirror. There is no brush, but that wouldn't be a problem for any serious MUA'er.

Overall, a great way to try JM at a great price.

Update 11/9/11: This palette sat in my basket for about a year, whereupon I dragged it out this week to wear with some green outfits. All the colors have gone bad, except for the red, which I still haven't touched. They no longer glide on, but rather go on waxy and clumpy and have that fresh crayon smell and bitter taste we all know in turned lip colors. I don't think it's too much to ask for a lip product to last two years. Heck, I have one lipstick that is still good after thirty-one years. I still love looking at the package, but my heart breaks knowing what nasty substance lurks inside. Josie, you just lost two stars.

However, I would still rate it a repurchase "yes, " just being aware that you really should use up all the colors before they go bad. Like within a year or so.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by makeupinfo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product. The colors in this palette are lovely. I love lipsticks and lipglosses and I was attracted to this product because it didn't contain any harmful ingredients. Although it applied very smoothly (someone below described it as velvety), it settled and accentuated every line on my lips. Although it didn't feel drying, it looked like my lips were dry and chapped. My husband who usually loves it when I try a new lipstick/gloss said my lips didn't look right. It's a shame, but I won't be re-buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by AngelaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this palette and I'm very impressed with the quality of this line. Love the colors and they go on like velvet. I'm definitly going to buy more from this line!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as an early X-Mas gift and I just LOVE it! I love everything about it, it's compact size, all the different colors, and what's more fun is that all the l/s and l/g can be mixed and matched. The packaging is so beautiful, sexy, and sleek. I am so smitten w/JM cosmetics. I am the proud owner of quite a few of the pieces and in no way am I done collecting. I wake up happy just knowing I will be using the JM line. With the 8 color choices (4 l/s-4 l/g) the l/s & l/g will compliment different skintones b/c there are so many ways to wear all of the colors. At $25 you really can't go wrong. Give the Barney's in Frisco a call and make sure to ask for Diana she is seriously the epitome of what excellent customer service is. Hurry! this lip compact is a limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another limited-edition palette from Josie Maran for the Holidays. This palette consists of 5 lip colors and 5 lip gloss colors. Again, I was a bit reluctant to purchase this palette because I already have one of the lip colors, Flirtatious, and I wasn't too keen on some of the other colors. Nevertheless, based on my pleasant surprise when the SA tried out the colors in the My Favorite Powders, I decided to take the plunge and purchase My Favorite Lips too. I am really glad that I did, because Rumi Joon turned out to be a very pretty versatile nude-y, pinky-brown color, and my husband, who usually can't stand red lips, went crazy for Devious which is a beautiful sheer red. The palette is a great value considering that the lip colors are $18/ea and the plumping lip glosses are $22/ea when sold singly.