October 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Styling Products - Goldwell - Double Boost Rootlift Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I have stick straight shiny black hair, and lots of it (thanks Grandma!), which is often times a blessing, but which also means that my hairdresser took one look at me and said, "Okay, I'm going to be honest -- with your hair type you can do a lot, but you can have length OR volume. Not both" while I looked mournfully at him. But it's totally true. So I sacrificed my super long hair in the name of having a bit more bounce to it, and this is the product that he recommended to me. Double Boost works brilliantly; I spritz it on to my roots (and sometimes very lightly mist it through the rest of my hair) and blowdry upside down. The smell is non-chemical and the finish is never sticky or crunchy. The only downside: the $18 USD price tag. Ack!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by DommeDiva

I use this in conjunction with Bumble & Bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner. I felt that my hair needed a boost as it looked thin from too much dieting ((it's all growing back in but It still lacks volume), I can honestly say this is one of the best volumizers I've ever used. I simply spray it on my roots, blow dry upside down and my hair looks like I have three times as much hair on my head. It's not sticky or hard to work with like mousse. Im happy with this and will continue using as long as I need extra volume. I also finish off with a spritze of Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play and no one can ever say that my hair looks wimpy or lifeless. Miracle product indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm having a little trouble with this product. It makes my roots feel sticky and it does not actually lift them. I was expecting way more from this product since people say that it is the best volumizing spray ever. It gives suttle volume, but nothing too dramatic. Plus the smell is pretty bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by strand

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite root lifter.I have been using this for about a year and have been giving it raves from the get go! Can't believe havent seen this recommended or mentioned on the boards here.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This is such a wonderful product. When you spray it the product goes where you aim it. It adds lift to the roots and makes the hair appear more full. The only drawback is when I use it on days that I wear my hair curly it tends to make my hair a little stiff. When I wear it straight it works great!