Goldwell Top Whip Volume Mousse

on 2/16/2014 4:01:00 PM

I think I've tried every styling product ever created for my baby-fine, super-straight hair! This is simply the best mousse ever for my awful, awful hair! I can actually control my hair, and it minimizes static & flyaways! It gives great volume and doesn't dry out my hair or scalp. Keep in mind no product can change the texture of the hair you were born with, but Goldwell Top Whip helps me control some my very unmanagable hair!

on 2/3/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This gives very mediocre volume for a product that is supposed to produce great results. I used quite a bit and it made my hair difficult to blowdry and I had to add their spray wax at roots to get the volume I wanted. Much, much, much prefer Sebastian Volupt Spray to this. Don't recommend.

on 6/14/2010 11:46:00 AM

I thought this product was just short of awesome. I got the smaller version at my salon for about $8.50 CAD, which isn't a very bad price at all. There are some pros and cons to this mousse but to me to cons outweigh the pros. The pros are that it's very light and fluffy, not heavy and soggy like other mousses. It has a chemically smell initially but once it's in your hair it goes away. It actually does give a good amount of volume and really does hold my curls in place all day and night. However, the cons are that it makes the hair fairly crunchy (I didn't use that much). Also it's kinda hard to scrunch through the hair without some frizziness happening. If I used more to control the frizz my hair would definitely be crunch city, crunch crunch city. While I really do appreciate the volume, curl and hold of this mousse, the crunch and frizz factor aren't worth it for me to purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Awesome mousse! It does add volume and it just feels great to use it! It is easy to spread over the hair. A medium-thick consistency mousse.