July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Hair Color - Ion - Color Brilliance - Semi-Permanent

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by TrulyB82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hello, I absolutely love the this product .... But having an extremely hard time mixing it 😞 any suggestions

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by tizme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it! Love it! Love it! I have used this five times now to cover grey hair. Not a lot of grey hair, maybe 10-15 percent. I have med brown hair and I use light warm brown. I wash my hair, blow dry it straight (curly girl here) and apply it straight into my hair from the bottle and rub it in. Then I cover with a plastic cap and a hot towel over top and leave it for 2 hours before rinsing out and conditioning, no shampoo. I used to do low lights with permanent dye but my mum started telling me it was looking too dark for me so I tried this on my roots. I like it better! It's way way easier, takes only five mins to apply and lasts for two weeks before I do it again. I could go longer but I don't want to risk having it all wash out on a busy week night when I am strapped for time so I do it early. I had to redo my roots every 3 weeks using permanent color anyway. I wash with sls free shampoo every other day and condition every day so my hair is getting wet daily. This is fast, easy and I never have white roots sparkling in the fluorescent lights at work! I've never had any staining on towels, tub, counter. I also have excema on my head and neck that has gone away since I started using this which makes me think I might be allergic to something in permanent dye. Sheesh I hope not! Btw I'm still on my first bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

so i just used this on my hair
and lets just say it didnt hold on to my hair
only a little bit

the bottle sucks

color was MEH at best...i wana wash it out soon.

i only bought it to see how id look with red hair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I have never ever done my own hair. ever. so i was really worried and decided to try a semi. my hair is done in a salon but i just wanted a refresher. my hair is a light copper with lots of gold. it has been forever since i did the ends as i just had done the roots 4 weeks ago.
so i chose Medium Red Brown. it worked only because i did my homework. i know my ends are porous as i have wavy color treated hair. so i washed my hair and put the color on my roots straight with my hands. waited 5 min. then i had mixed a conditioner with half bottle of the color ( just enough to make it thick like mayonnaise), and put it on my ends. another 5 mins and rinsed. now they don't say to mix with conditioner but i did this so that my ends would not be fine engine red since i know my hair was light and porous. i used Dove Nourishing oil care conditioner. do not use pantene as it has way too much dimethicone which can make your hair look great but will not make the color slip off the hair. You can also use Garnier conditioners.try and use the ones that are light usually called volume boosting. i used a rich one because my hair is dry. anyway. the color is even, exactly like the color on the display. having said that i stayed within a shade of my own color. i went from light auburn to medium auburn for a boost. the package says to leave it for 25 minutes which is great for dark hair but again my hair is too porous and i was scared. 10-15 min is all i needed. i am 10% gray and it is covered. for 3.99 it was great from Sally's. one word of caution. this product does not dry you hair out and it smells just like salon products. lightly flowery. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by brendaLesel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have naturally dark brown hair that I have been highlighting since I was 17.
I now have quite a bit of gray and white, especially at the front. I spoke with my colorist over the last few years how these grays are making me feel much older than I am and that after only 2 weeks post highlights I can see the grays and white. I have been reading online for at least a year about semi hair color, demi, temporary you name it to mask these gray and whites in between salon trips , which are now every 6 weeks $$. So I gave in went to Sally and try the semi and OMG changed my life. I used it in the lightest blonde they had, followed the directions and now instead of gray and white I have soft blonde hairs!! It made the rest of my hair soft and shiny and took a little of the dry blonde look out of the highlights that the colorist put in. I wish my colorist had just told me to do this years ago in between visit. I am now leaving him and will find someone else for my highlights. I think next I will try the demi . I am so happy I finally said it is just hair, this stuff will wash out if it is awful which it wasn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by curlysierf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so confused, I don't know why the color won't stick on my hair. It's bleached light enough for the color to show so.....what happened?
Pretty upset that I bought two boxes and can't even return it because I can't find the receipt -_- What am I suppose to do with this extra box!?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Bippityboppityboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so annoyed of this stuff. Part of My hair is bleach blonde and part of it is my natural dark blonde with salon highlights throughout. I tried the light warm blonde and the cool blonde shade at different times on the bleached part and on the highlighted parts and on my side burns where my hair is virgin. Nothing happened. At all. I tried leaving it in for hours, 1/2 hour, tried it with heat...no results! When I go to rinse this stuff out I see a ton of color washing out. And then my hair dries it is as if nothing ever happened. So weird. Big waste of time. Going to try clairol semi permanents next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Mascaramaskofdeath

In order for it to work the best you have to leave in on for about 2 hours, that's what I do and it works great and the color shows up! This product also smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by julescobb12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is NOT a true review... I didn't really know where to ask a question under this product and could not find the answers i needed going through responses. I have light light golden blonde hair, with bleached face framing highlights, and brown lowlights underneath. I wanted to go more red, like strawberry colored, and since my hair pulls out ALOT of red, i figure that using the 6b light golden chestnut would do the trick. My hair is somewhat porous, will i be taking a huge risk? I am mostly concerned with the top, i know that the darker bottom will not change, especially with a semi-permanent...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by shespirals

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to quickly cover up pesky grays. I doesn't mix well with other colors like permanent colors do, but overall its great for a quick color refresh, however, it is NOT good as a color corrector. I love the fact that it doesn't damage my hair, and its decent for covering stubborn gray. Its the least damaging product I've used, and I don't worry about using it every 3-4 weeks. I'd have to use any hair color that often anyway because my gray comes in fast, and is very noticeable.