Mary Kay Instant Action Eye Cream

3.8

on 1/1/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a holy grail eye product for me. It gave me a mini-eye lift (upper lids) that I didn't even know I needed! It took the lids I have, in fact, have had my entire life (I haven't yet started experiencing a lot of aging in this area), and perfected them. It also lightened my under eye area (I have extremely stubborn hereditary circles, exacerbated by allergies) by about 40-50%. This will remain a staple for me. It's so rare we find an HG.
On my second tube, I noticed less improvement, but probably only because it worked so well to begin with. I'm experiencing good maintenance of the original results.
I gave packaging only a 2 because the cap should be flip-top -- much easier to apply, and more sanitary; with twist-off, there's more surface area on which germs can congregate. Also, more air can get to the product. continued >>

on 3/22/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Being in the cosmetic industry I have tried many, many eye creams - high and low end. For some reason this is the ONLY ONE that keeps me from waking up with sleep creases below my eye. I sleep on my face, and with every other cream I have a line of demarkation that appears on my orbital bone. But not with this inexpensive gem of a product! I know its a discontinued line so I try to buy it on ebay and whereever I can find a rep with leftover pieces. Love it! HG status.

on 2/20/2007 10:20:00 AM

This product was discontinued at least 2 years ago and
contains AHA so the shlef life is about 2 years. If the poster
below just got it from a rep she should return it and shame on the
rep for even selling something that is an old product.
If it was purchased on ebay I guess your out of luck about
getting a replacement or your money back.

on 2/18/2007 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The first time I used the product, I thought there had been an error in processing my order, as the product which emerged from the tube was a thin watery lotion. It is not the consistency of any other product I've used which is marketed as a cream.

Efficacy? Have only used it 2 days now, so too early to determine conclusively, however, after application the eye area does not feel moisturized as it does with a "cream"

on 9/30/2006 10:58:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff, but I'm so torn on it! I basically hate almost all eye creams, and this one is one of the few that doesn't give me millia... I don't know if this cream has any claims to long term effects or not, but I use it for instant gratification.. I LOVE the way it makes my eyes look! Just some of this and mascara and they look great! A translucent lighter version of your skin is the best way I could describe it. However I've had problems applying it to my under eyes at times. When my skin is on the drier side and I apply this under my eyes I get a horrible mess when I try applying concealer! It just doesn't meld together with the dry skin and the makeup. I stick to applying it to my eye lids and outter eye area, but have on good moisture days successfully applied it to my undereyes as well.. I have a few tubes of this stuff around but when its gone I may very well repurchase it since I've tried so many of these lightener/brightener creams in the past without being wowed until now.

on 4/25/2006 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great eye cream. Mary Kay came out with a newer firming cream but it is not as good as this cream. Minimizes lines and puffiness. Not greasy so goes under makeup without shine. The new firming cream leaves greasy residue.

on 3/23/2005 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is just okay. Basic, heavy eye cream for night. No SPF for day.

I used this eye cream for 4 months.. and I loved it!!! It gave me good moisture and it was softening some fine lines I was already recieving at a young age. I thought I found my HG eye cream BUT then I noticed it started giving me little comedones on wherever I applied it. UGH!! I tossed it out and have to go see a dermatologist now to have them extracted somehow. continued >>

This product is okay. I don't really need it, since I'm only 14, but I use it in the mornings when I don't get much sleep at night and it makes me appear much more awake than otherwise. Other than that, it's okay.

on 11/3/2003 4:56:00 PM

I am only 19 and dont really have wrinkles but I do use this day and night I can immediately tell the difference as soon as a put it on. It actually ' lifts ' the look of your eyes and really gives them an 'awake' look. I would love to try the triple action enhancer.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)

Top Rated Mary Kay Products