October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Concealers - Kesalan Patharan - Undertone Light Up

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by suiliclic

I love this concealer. Works really well. I am asian with very yellow undertone, this works perfect for my skin. I used the orange one first, then use the yellow one on top of it. The KEY use TINY amounts!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 6:12:00 AM More reviews by shannn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

a little creamier in texture but it does it's job in concealing dark eye circle. I must remind myself to be light-handed though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

i went out specially to buy this product and paid for it immediately without testing - that's how confident i was about KP Undertone Light Up. Today is the first time im using it and i have to say im less than happpy with what it can do. I first used the Apricot colored tube and patted it gently around my undereye area... the result was kind of dry and rough looking, and it couldnt cover up well. Then i used the yellow one, which made it a little more even, but still, the coverage was poor. I gave up and used my regular Kanebo KATE concealer over it and finally my dark circles were subdued. I won't buy this again for sure. And like everyone else's opinion, i too find the packaging very ugly. It resembles those children's paint tubes you buy for a dollar at cheap art supplies stores. Plus the tubes are very very tiny so you are not getting what you pay for. They look more like samples. For the price of one KP undertone i could be buying 3 sticks of Kanebo KATE concealer. It costs about the same as the Bobbi brown corrector.. so i could be trying that one next. In the meantime, if anyone wants to swap for this, im game.

UPDATE september 2007 : i gave this a second chance and used some suggestions by other MUA-ers who reviewed this ... tried mixing the apricot and yellow together, onto my hand. used slightly more apricot than yellow. then i patted it slowly and thinly around the eye area. i think they key is to not overdose, if not it will crease and look retarded. i used it on my face as well, on blemishes and broken caps... it covers really nicely. after i was done i sealed it with my favourite Shu Uemura powder, and i looked naturally flawless. Nice finish ! i monitored its progress through out the day and it did not budge. Im glad i gave it a second chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by sn0wing

This is a very light eye concealer but it does the job naturally, it DOES shows the fine lines but ONLY A LITTLE. It isn't a hassle for me to use the peach colour then the yellow one to cover my dark eye rings but i wish they will make the packaging better and the price($42) is too high, probably 30+ would be good.
Undertone Light Up doesnt really stay all day either, u have to put some loose powder over it to set and I doubt it can cover very dark eye rings properly as there's only one shade, but do give it a try at the counter, no harm. =)
Overall, it is good and i'll buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2005 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Felicityy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to like this concealer for my undereyes... but after a while, I find that it doesn't conceal my undereyes rings anymore, perhaps they got too dark. i really love the consistency of this concealer as it is quite light. so unlike most cream concealers which have a heavy texture, this concealer won't cause cakiness / creasing. But since it doesn;t conceal well, which is the most important in an undereye concealer, i will give 2 lippies out of 5. would never repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice concealer product. I find that the best way to use it is to blend the two colors in the palm of my hand and then apply it. It does give me a perfect color match when I do so. However, I have extremely dark circles under my eyes, and I find that it doesn't conceal as well as my Cle de Peau concealer. On the positive side, the two separate tubes give a very large amount of product, making this a very cost effective item. Overall, I think this is a really nice concealer for women in their teens or twenties who don't have too much to cover up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 1:39:00 AM More reviews by freshsami

I do not use this for undereye circles--I got it for my acne scars. Even my dad understands and agrees when I refuse to leave the house without skin makeup--I have dark red spots on my face from a bad case of acne a year ago (due partly to cosmetic allergy, partly to the dirty tokyo air, i'm sure!), and they still show through under my foundation/concealer as bluish..you know, just sort of dull, bruised-looking skin. HOWEVER, after my foundation/concealer/powder routine, now I dot the yellow tube of the Undertone Light Up on top of any dark spots (a tiny, TINY amount)...and pat it in with a fingertip...and I actually had a hairdresser tell me I had beautiful skin the other day! I have not heard that in a while...okay, I don't know if I have ever heard that, actually. This stuff does not cake the way concealer does; it sort of just disappears into your skin, and takes the dark spots away with it. Secretly, I think the tubes, especially the caps, are kind of ugly, so, hopefully, they will do something about that, but this stuff is magical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2004 4:22:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this comes in 2 tubes-one peach/orangey the other yellow. its a one colour fits all kinda thingy. the peach goes on first followed by the yellow.

now i must admit this is amazing...covers my dark undereyes like...magic!only a very,very tiny amount is needed. i sometimes use the yellow as a highlighter on other areas of my face as well.

problem is its a hassle to apply two products and sometimes lots of products flow out of the tube suddenly which i find to be a waste. this also doesnt work very well on blemishes. so it's a hg for concealing dark eye circles only.

Updated: Didnt use for a while cos i noticed it stopped covering my entire undereye circles properly. So i continued with my concealer shopping. However, its been 3 months and I now have a few more concealers at home that doesnt really work with my really bad & dark & irrtating undereye circles. Tried this again out of desperation and i finally realised the trick! For really, really bad undereye circles like mine, you do not blend the peach shade. You take some on your ring finger and pat it on the spot you want to cover. Its the "patting" motion that works rather then the "pat and swipe" motion. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2004 10:50:00 AM More reviews by toxican

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This thing dries my under-eye area up!!!and the color is totally wrong!!don't buy this concealer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mountainshadow

Bit troublesome to apply two colors. Not cakey but it's a bit too watery for my liking. Good coverage. Most days, I find it easier and more natural to just use tinted moisturizer as undereye concealer.