November 26, 2014 | 1660 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lipstick in Burnt Red

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by dsafdsaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A. TEXTURE:
Just like M.A.C matte lipstick, this deserves to be tossed out of the window. It should be titled "Dehydrating Lipstick". My lips are chapped like crazy. That being said, the coverage is forever.

B. COLOR:
On my East Asian skin color (rather pinkish), it was not a good decision to purchase it. I look like a body with a pair of lips, because the color is ultra heavy for my skin tone. It is more suited to warmer skin tone and darker skin.

C. Other Uses:
I wear this lipstick heavily, blot it multiple times, and make it a base color for my lips. Then, I put other lipstick on top of it, so when the color of the other lipstick goes away, there is still a stain of this burnt red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very elegant deep rose color. It's much too dark to swipe on with my fair skin, but dabbing it on and blending out makes the perfect stain. It's matte but not too drying and lasts a long time, even though it doesn't hold up well to meals.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is an excellent red for anyone who struggles with a blue based red. Most red lipsticks look hideously garish on me and I was on the point of giving up my quest for a flattering red lipstick when I chanced on this. The colour is beautiful on my pale skintone, NOT garish, and the lipstick does last very well, and is neither too drying nor to shiny. It's one of the few really good Bobbi Brown product that I've used, but having said that, NARS does much better liptsticks in this colour range.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

When Bobbi Brown first came out, this is one of the first lipsticks I invested in & wore when I wanted a more dramatic look. Now I look back at pictures & can't believe I ever wore it - talk about unflattering! I can't imagine that this orangey red would look good on anyone but those with the darkest of skintones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since trying Revlon's Rum Raisin and getting a compliment from an employee at Sephora, I allowed her to try other colors that I didn't expect to work for me, trying Burnt Red was an amazing epiphany. I had been trying to find a dupe of my HG lippie that I purchased in France in 1998. I couldn't replace the tube because by the time I tried they d/c'd the color. So now, 15 years later, I have found an awesome replacement. It's really a warmish red - a slightly bright brick red - and I can't wait to start wearing it - perfect for the fall!! Bobbi Brown lippies are way over priced and I usually go with MAC because I just love MAC, but this color is so original that it was worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Burnt Red = sophisticated red. Not "I'm trying to imitate Maryilyn Monroe red" or "I'm showing you my vixen side red (never works) or the worst "I think I can pull off looking like Grace Kelly red." Burnt red is an urban red, "museums, art galleries and downtown cafes are my habitues, I wear undiscovered designers and custom perfume.
I am deeply complicated but amusing and captivating red and you don't stand a chance of being able to look away." For $23!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Beautiful red color with slight berry tones. Nice creamy formula. Color can be more red or brown/red depending on the liner you use. Makes teeth look whiter too. I'm Asian w/yellow undertones, NC30.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Beck666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my 'date night with the husband' lipstick. Very dramatic, very lovely. The texture is perfect, not too dry, not too gloopy. It's a staple of mine. Just a delightfully long-wearing, dramatically (not wine-y red, not plum-y red) perfectly deep red.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kellysha

I have some special occasions coming up so was looking for a more dramatic lipstick hence a red lippy seemed like a great idea. I tried 'burnt red' and' red' lippy from BB to see which one suited me better..I think burnt red suits anyone with medium skintone or olive skin maybe. Red would suit someone who is extremely fair.I dont have to pair this with a liner which is great.It adds sophistication to my look and I cant wait to wear it again! Love!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yesterday morning I decided to do a Red lip for day look.

I used my Painterly paint pot, and then a matte bone (BB) on top -- I did my contour with Wedge and then on the outer V, I used Omega.
Lined with Graphite ink (BB) and winged it slightly. I must say it came out great!

For blush I used my Ungaro Beauty Powder and then the Becca Eggshell powder... I wanted it all light and soft but defined.

For the lips I used this Burnt Red -- which on me is a true red with slight burnt orange/brown tones. It was perfect.

I will always have this color in my stash!