August 27, 2014 | 996 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOOOOOOOOVE IT.
the BEST body butter for summer time.

i always store this in the fridge and use it right after showering. it's cooling and sinks right in without much rubbing, and when i sweat it doesn't melt like the other body butters.

the consistency is just perfect. its thick, but never leave any filmsy residue on your skin like what mango/shea/coconut/brazil nut does on hot days, and it's not too watery like satsuma/wild cherry.
it makes my skin glows and feel supple and soft, provides the right oily feeling, and not the greasy-oily feeling.

it says for normal to dry skin, but i have very dry skin and this works gorgeously on my skin during summer.

i know that brazil nut is paraben free but fuck it, because this olive is amazing, i can afford the chemical it makes my skin feel wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Oh my goodness do I love this stuff! I prefer this body butter to the ones Bath & Body Works sells because I find those too greasy. This stuff is just wonderful. It isn't greasy at all and sinks right in, leaving me feeling soft as a cloud! And the olive scent was a pleasant surprise. I hate olives, they taste like puke (how anyone can stomach them is beyond me) but this smells really light and fresh...like outside after the rain. An obvious repurchase...love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Smells fantastic. I had the papaya one. But i prefer this. The papaya is too sweet. This is very moisturizing . Great for rough patches. Especially elbows and knees. I use it for my legs after exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I bought this on sale a half-price the other day - $10 (Canadian) instead of $20. Really great buy! I love how the scent isn't over-powering, just subtle enough to smell if you lean in close to where you put some on. The texture is rich and creamy yet quickly absorbs into the skin. Like someone else mentioned, I doubt that this while turn 'hard' like the mango body butter, which I have already seen happen. The texture is divine and I really recommend getting this scent. All the body butters in The Body Shop line are great products though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by frckls

I, my sisters and our mom have been an avid fan of TBS body butters for so many years (10-yrs, I think). We've tried almost every scent on the body butter line.
After all those years, I think I'm ready to crown Olive as my (as well as my babysister's) favorite.

I think it has the best consistency of all other butters. It's not too buttery that it can hardens like a block inside the tub (like Mango or Moringa) or too runny that you can mistake it as a lotion. It absorbs slightly easier and not as noticeable as others but keeps my skin moisturized all throughout the day. I get quite a lot of compliments on my skin.

The scent is quite detectable, but Olive has the softest scent of all, IMHO. And I kinda like it.

I've repurchased tubs and will keep doing so. No matter what body product I use or try, I always keep a tub of this anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Although I have dry skin all year round, I tend to find it's not as bad in the summer so I like to use a lighter body moisturiser during the hotter months. I discovered this on a rare visit to The Body Shop about 2 months ago and have been using it pretty much every day since then.

This is a really nice, light cream which applies easily and sinks in nicely without leaving any residue or making my skin feel greasy. I definitely think it moisturises well and my skin certainly feels and looks softer after application. Another bonus of this product is you don't need a lot to see results, so the 200ml pot lasts a long time. As mentioned above, I've been using this pretty much every day for the last two months and I've just hit the bottom of the tub, so for 13.00GBP I think this is pretty good value for money.

The only thing I'm not so keen on about this (and the reason for my 4/5 rating) is the scent. It's not overly perfumed or heavily scented, but as someone who doesn't like scented body lotions/butters anyway I was hoping this wouldn't smell quite as strongly as it does. It's quite a fresh scent but it does linger on your skin once you've applied it, so you might find it interferes with the scent of any perfume or fragrance you apply afterwards. All in all though I am really pleased with the results of this and despite the scent would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been a staple item for me. I always return to this as the scent is just lovely and it glides onto the skin like a dream. Will continue to repurchase again and again. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by kattmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has the scent of a cucumber, olive and unsweetened green apple peeling mixture. The 'green' scent is pleasant and unique.

However, as soon as this absorbs into the skin, the zingy scent disappears- replaced by a completely different scent and which i can only describe as weird- not revolting but certainly not nice.

This 'weird' scent lingers on the body and clothes throughout the day- and i'd rather it completely wore off

The texture of the cream is pleasantly fluffy and light

As it does NOT smell the same when absorbed as it did in the pot-i will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nefertina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Body Shop's body butters are amazing. I especially love the olive one. Not only is the scent light and nice, the body butter is amazing at moisturizing especially during the winter! Though it's not the cheapest thing, it's a nice thing to invest on. Definitely recommend it and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Nicely moisturizing, though smells nothing like olives but it does smell amazingly fresh and spring like. I wish they could change the packaging to make it more hygienic (something with a pump perhaps?).