September 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moisture strength: medium. Easily absorb but not powerful enough for very dry / eczema prone skin.
Smell:a little overpowering for me.
Price: Big bottle at low price

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite body lotions.
It is very helpfull during the winter to moisturize my dry skin (on the legs and arms).
Also very nice during the summer to keep my tan longer.

-it absorbs really quick
-not greasy/sticky
-It is low price and you get a huge amount of product in one bottle
-nice package (easy to use pump)
-the smell of it is subtil but lovely

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use all st.ives body lotions, regardless of formula because they are all good. Paraben free. I always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I originally got this is a gift, and used it quite frequently. It was winter, so I was pretty desperate for any lotion I could get. After the first use, I fell in love with the soft scent and the non-greasy feel, AND it left my skin so soft. My hands had pretty bad eczema and if they weren't red and angry then they were dry and flaky to no end. I'd rub about 3-4 pumps of this on my hands every night and wake up with the softest smoothest hands that'd last all day! So I kept using it until I nearly ran out. I'm down to about 1/32 of the bottle and am hesitant to use any more. Recently I've been going the natural route (making my own shampoo, conditioner, lip balms, lotions, etc.) so I decided to check what I've been using this whole time on my skin. I read the label to find that what I've been using was just a bit of oatmeal extract, shea butter, vegetable glycerin, and a whole lot of soybean oil, alcohol, and plain old water. Now I know water and alcohol are used as emulsifiers, but why so much? And why so little oat and shea? They have the whole packaging centered around these great ingredients and to have so little of each I was disappointed. So it is currently sitting on my desk, and I'm waiting to see what to do with it. Not sure if I will continue using it, but I definitely need something to use in the meantime. I've tried plain olive oil, olive oil with lavender, plain shea butter, shea with lavender, and not nearly as good of results as I have had with this. Shame for me, but great if you enjoy purchasing it regularly. When I saw the ingredients, I decided to take a crack at making something like it with similar ingredients. I have oats, shea, vegetable glycerin, water, and alcohol all at home, so why not try it? I whipped everything together and am happy to say it WORKS. So glad I won't have to go out and buy more store made products from large corporations who may or may not use natural and ingredients and may test on animals. In short, this works well, I won't be buying any more but I will probably be using up the rest and I encourage you to buy some if you want some soft soft hands. :-) take care!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by silverbrook

Very inexpensive and effective for getting rid of horrible bumpy itchy winter skin... I have been using an anti-itch lotion (Sarna) and this seems to work better and last longer at moisturizing and relieving itch. It's dirt cheap too. Highly recommend!

The only negatives are that they oddly put in artificial colors and fragrance. I won't lie, I'm a sucker for fragrances, but I know I shouldn't be. And artificial colors... wtf? Why does lotion need to be tinted slightly yellow?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is definitely worth the money!!! I love how it doesn't feel super thick and sticky like some lotions tend to feel. The smell is perfect, and it isn't too overbearing. My skin felt instantly smoother after just one application. My skin has been extremely dry in the past few of these brutal winter months, and this lotion didn't even irritate the razor burn on my legs. Definitely a clean smell and highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Gunmetal21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To give a bit of background: I've been using this specific kind of St. Ives lotion since around 2010, when I began working in a bakery. I had to wash my hands constantly throughout the day with a harsh soap, and my hands began drying out and cracking/rashing. Using St. Ives, since it was very non-greasy AND they didn't test on animals/use animal products, was my major reason to keep purchasing and it was pretty cheap for such a big bottle.

They've had at least two product changes since then, but I found the last change to be tolerable. It wasn't any more greasy or more fragranced since I'd last picked up a bottle, and it still say they didn't test on animals, use animal products, etc. This time however was a bit different. (I've had this last bottle for about a year now.)

After deciding it was getting a bit pathetic to continue scraping to get all the lotion out (rofl) I picked up a bottle while I was out for lunch at work from the grocery store. Still a pretty cheap price, and I didn't think they'd changed recently because the bottle looked mostly the same (except for no "NEW LOOK" sticker on the side).

I pretty much instantly noticed it was a lot more scented, and my hands remained greasy feeling for a long time afterwards. I kind of didn't think about it for a while, but I finally have both my old and new bottles in front of me and they're actually pretty different.

The new one no longer states that it's made without phthalates, not animal tested, and does not contain animal products. I noticed fragrance is MUCH higher on the list now; it was the last ingredient besides the colours on the old bottle, and now there's about 10 more ingredients between it and the colours. It looks like they've now added soybean oil to the mix as well.

I'm not entirely sure if this is helpful for anyone, but maybe it will be? I picked up St. Ives initially because it was cruelty-free AND it wasn't greasy. Now it doesn't do either. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by donaliew

Love the scent, the coconuty smell motivates me to put them on. If apply at night, skin wakes up softer the next morning. But i guess every body lotion posses that function =/ However, when read the ingredients printed at the bottle, it tells colouring (yellow, blue..) and also fragrance. A setback in confidence, not so natural after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Dontwannausername

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't write too many reviews: something really has to impress me one way or the other. That said I have really, really dry skin - when I take off my sock, it looks like they have been powdered. I bought this stuff based on the reviews and it was on sale buy 1 get one 50% off (and it's usually $4 a bottle, so ya can't beat that). [FYI: I have the site as a short cut on my phone and it's saved me who-knows-how-much while shopping, thanks all!]

I'm really very happy. I use it after a shower, it sinks in pretty quickly, isn't greasy, I don't need much and while I'm not amazed with the smell (it's not horrible, some kind of vanilla/oat scent) it isn't heavy, doesn't clash with any perfumes I wear and fades within a very short time. I can get through the day and my skin hasn't dried out by evening, which is rather impressive, and I do indeed believe it's helped to improve the condition of my skin in the short time I have used it (a third of a bottle/a couple of weeks)

This is one of a small group of lotions (Curel, Gold bond, Nivea) that I would buy again, and this is much, much more reasonable in price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This body lotion, much like the body wash doesn't do anything for my skin. They both smell amazing but do not hydrate my skin at all, even leaving it feeling a little on the dry side. This body lotion is fairly thick so you would think it would be hydrating but once this absorbs in to my skin (or rubs off), it is just gone, leaving no sign that it was ever there. My skin is just as dry and flaky and rough. I feel like there is a lot of misplaced hyped surrounding this range which is really too bad because for the price of these products, I would love for them to actually work.