November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ginginginginnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG body moisturizer!! I've been using this body lotion off and on for about 4 years now and always find myself returning to it. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin incredibly soft and silky. I love that it's relatively cheap and doesn't feel sticky at all, so it's also great to use during warmer months. That being said, it is also a fantastic moisturizer during the winter months. I have pretty normal skin but to tend to get quite dry during the winter months, and this stuff keeps my skin super hydrated all winter long. Whenever I get compliments for how smooth and soft my skin is, this is what I'm wearing! I took off one lippie because of the smell. It's not bad but it's not a super yummy smell either. Kind of has a light cocoa butter scent that fades away after about half an hour or so, so it doesn't really interfere with perfumes. I just wish it was unscented. Otherwise, great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I really like this drugstore lotion. I was looking for a less expensive replacement for the Gold Bond CoQ10 restoring lotion, i wanted a high urea content body lotion to alternate with since urea acts as a gentle exfoliate. This is the cheapest, most readily available and least-perfumed one I could find. It moisturizes well, a little goes a long way,it absorbs quickly, and the scent is an inoffensive and light cocoa butter type smell that fades quickly and doesn't interfere with my perfume.

I will be keeping this in my rotation long term.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really, really wonderful lotion. It doesn't have much of a smell to it at all; it moisturizes very well, and you get A LOT of product for the price you pay. My skin drinks it up, and it really doesn't take very long to sink into your skin. The product itself lasts for a REALLY long time-when you start to run out of it, make sure you take the pump out and you'll find that you actually have A LOT more product that you thought, and that it's actually just sitting on the sides of the container which is really the only flaw in the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by danidoe

I bought it when my house was having a really bad bed bug invasion and I got red itchy spots all over my body. It does not relief my skin that much, although it does soothes a bit, but not to the extend where I could stop scratching myself. The itchiness won't go away either. The pros to it is it comes in a generous amount of 266ml and it has the loveliest scent ever. Might work for mild itches and to relief dry skin but not for really bad condition like mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moisture strength: medium. Easily absorb but not powerful enough for very dry / eczema prone skin.
Smell:a little overpowering for me.
Price: Big bottle at low price

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite body lotions.
It is very helpfull during the winter to moisturize my dry skin (on the legs and arms).
Also very nice during the summer to keep my tan longer.

-it absorbs really quick
-not greasy/sticky
-It is low price and you get a huge amount of product in one bottle
-nice package (easy to use pump)
-the smell of it is subtil but lovely

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use all st.ives body lotions, regardless of formula because they are all good. Paraben free. I always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I originally got this is a gift, and used it quite frequently. It was winter, so I was pretty desperate for any lotion I could get. After the first use, I fell in love with the soft scent and the non-greasy feel, AND it left my skin so soft. My hands had pretty bad eczema and if they weren't red and angry then they were dry and flaky to no end. I'd rub about 3-4 pumps of this on my hands every night and wake up with the softest smoothest hands that'd last all day! So I kept using it until I nearly ran out. I'm down to about 1/32 of the bottle and am hesitant to use any more. Recently I've been going the natural route (making my own shampoo, conditioner, lip balms, lotions, etc.) so I decided to check what I've been using this whole time on my skin. I read the label to find that what I've been using was just a bit of oatmeal extract, shea butter, vegetable glycerin, and a whole lot of soybean oil, alcohol, and plain old water. Now I know water and alcohol are used as emulsifiers, but why so much? And why so little oat and shea? They have the whole packaging centered around these great ingredients and to have so little of each I was disappointed. So it is currently sitting on my desk, and I'm waiting to see what to do with it. Not sure if I will continue using it, but I definitely need something to use in the meantime. I've tried plain olive oil, olive oil with lavender, plain shea butter, shea with lavender, and not nearly as good of results as I have had with this. Shame for me, but great if you enjoy purchasing it regularly. When I saw the ingredients, I decided to take a crack at making something like it with similar ingredients. I have oats, shea, vegetable glycerin, water, and alcohol all at home, so why not try it? I whipped everything together and am happy to say it WORKS. So glad I won't have to go out and buy more store made products from large corporations who may or may not use natural and ingredients and may test on animals. In short, this works well, I won't be buying any more but I will probably be using up the rest and I encourage you to buy some if you want some soft soft hands. :-) take care!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I love this for the quality and price. Leaves freshly shaved legs smooth with no stinging or irritation. Absorbs well, stays hydrated at least 12 hours. Really dry skin,need a few applications through the day. Ive tried store and off brands, but keep coming back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by silverbrook

Very inexpensive and effective for getting rid of horrible bumpy itchy winter skin... I have been using an anti-itch lotion (Sarna) and this seems to work better and last longer at moisturizing and relieving itch. It's dirt cheap too. Highly recommend!

The only negatives are that they oddly put in artificial colors and fragrance. I won't lie, I'm a sucker for fragrances, but I know I shouldn't be. And artificial colors... wtf? Why does lotion need to be tinted slightly yellow?