April 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by rebandvodka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this religiously...until it dries out, which is seemingly inevitable. Then I end up with a half-used pot of chunky black tar flakes. However, if ever I could find a way to preserve this incredibly delightful cream eyeliner, I'd be the happiest black-eyed lady on earth.

The price is upwards of $11, which is pretty steep for my taste, but definitely worth it. It lasts until I take it off. I've worn this in the shower. It doesn't run. You can be sweating profusely and it's not going anywhere. Just keep your hands off your face!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

Sigh. I just really dislike this liner. I got excited about it because it's a pretty good sized jar. However, it smudges like crazy and never really sets or locks in. I constantly had raccoon eyes. It also dried up on me super fast! I closed the jar tight and everything. Even when I would try to use it as an eyeshadow base for a smokey eye, it completely clumped and creased on me. Not happy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream eyeliner is one of the best eyeliners I've ever used! It goes on smoothly, lasts all day and has a nice, gorgeous black hue to it. I used this on an everyday basis but it dries out pretty quick. I had to throw it out because I microwaved it one too many times but you've got to make sure to tightly close it after each eyeliner application.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by delrio

I bought this because I loved the HIP Cream Eyeliner in brown. The black has a nice texture and goes on easily, but it fades unevenly throughout the day and smudges at the outer corner of my eye. I definitely like the MAC cream pot eyeliner a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm terribly allergic to this BUT if you aren't allergic then I think it's every bit as good as the MAC gel liner. I have(had) both and see no real difference. I give it a high rating even though I'm allergic because I have very sensitive eyes, most people will not have that reaction. MAC liner did not cause as much eye pain as this although I still felt a slight burn even with the MAC one. Took both back unfortunately :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jbarela2

I have been using this product for over a year. Never thought I would use cream liner, but stumbled upon this product and decided to try. I only use it for my upper lids though because it does not have great staying power on the lower lids. My skin is a little on the oily side and what ends up happening is I get raccoon eyes by 10 am. It goes on easily but will end up drying and flaking off if I try to freshen it up. Love the brush though. Even use it for my other cream liners. This product does dry out though even when the bottle is closed tightly. I think the bottle in my makeup bag has lasted me 6 mos and still 1/2 a bottle left.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used to be my favorite until I discovered E.L.F.'s cream eyeliner. L'Oreal's works pretty well, but it dries out too quickly even though I keep the container closed tight. Sometimes, it would also flake like crazy. I loved it for its staying power and intense black-color but the E.L.F. one works just as great, stays for just as long, and it's cheaper

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSaunders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm wearing this right now. I'm so mad at myself for spending $12.00 on this at Target. It's horrible! It's not well pigmented. You would think with a name like High Intensity Pigments there would be more than a dash of grey. I had to go over my wing like 4 times. I put it on my tightline at 7:20 AM, at 9:00am my eyes were already looking racoony. I can't with this product. I've been cleaning my eyes all day. This never happened with my Maybelline Lasting Drama whatever it was called. Eye studio?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Chineseve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first gel/ cream eyeliner and I love it!!! Just a little dab goes a long way! I wouldn't use the brush included in the package though. It's really hard so I use it for my brows instead.

This is a very pigmented black and it goes on so smooth. I think my days of pencil and liquid eyeliners are over. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first Cream/Gel liner i ever used. This is the reason i got so hooked onto cream/gel liner. Ever since then ive been a fanatic. I bought my first jar about 4 or 5 years ago i believe. Absolutely fell in love. I loved the smooth creamy texture, how easily it glided on with no tugging what so ever. The pigmentation was just as great as the staying power. It didnt budge once i got it on. The only con is that it dries out so quickly. i did everything to prevent it from drying but it was inevitable. I have eggplant, midnight blue and teal. Neither one of those have dried out yet and ive had those for about 6 months. My black one always dried out though.. probably because i used it everyday. i ended up buying 4 jars of this product because they kept drying up. BUT all was not lost.. i was still managed to use the product by putting it in a small plastic baggie, and putting that baggie in a bowl of hot water. This melted the product again and worked temporarily. Or if i was in a rush , i simply added a few drops of Lancomes oil based makeup remover. Works like a charm. Overall, love the actual product.. i just wish L'Oreal came out with a less drying formula .