November 26, 2014 | 1362 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had this for about 5 years before I opened it and tried it last week. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner I love it. The burhs that it comes with is useless, I used an angled eyeliner brush. Perfect wings every day that last all day. I wish I tried this 5 years ago when I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROs:
* Dark
* No smudging/flaking

CONs:
* Clumpy, difficult to apply a smooth line
* Dried out

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found these half off one summer, when I used one I was SO happy and SO impressed I ran back to the store and bought another.
Well, I was in for a rude awakening.
The product is a delicious, creamy, black gel. Just fabulous. It didn't smudge, I was convinced I had found a new HG product. The brush was okay, but I used my own instead.
BUT, the pot dries out so super fast, as others have noted. I would not even be half done before it completely dried out. What a drag. Won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by rebandvodka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this religiously...until it dries out, which is seemingly inevitable. Then I end up with a half-used pot of chunky black tar flakes. However, if ever I could find a way to preserve this incredibly delightful cream eyeliner, I'd be the happiest black-eyed lady on earth.

The price is upwards of $11, which is pretty steep for my taste, but definitely worth it. It lasts until I take it off. I've worn this in the shower. It doesn't run. You can be sweating profusely and it's not going anywhere. Just keep your hands off your face!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

Sigh. I just really dislike this liner. I got excited about it because it's a pretty good sized jar. However, it smudges like crazy and never really sets or locks in. I constantly had raccoon eyes. It also dried up on me super fast! I closed the jar tight and everything. Even when I would try to use it as an eyeshadow base for a smokey eye, it completely clumped and creased on me. Not happy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream eyeliner is one of the best eyeliners I've ever used! It goes on smoothly, lasts all day and has a nice, gorgeous black hue to it. I used this on an everyday basis but it dries out pretty quick. I had to throw it out because I microwaved it one too many times but you've got to make sure to tightly close it after each eyeliner application.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by delrio

I bought this because I loved the HIP Cream Eyeliner in brown. The black has a nice texture and goes on easily, but it fades unevenly throughout the day and smudges at the outer corner of my eye. I definitely like the MAC cream pot eyeliner a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm terribly allergic to this BUT if you aren't allergic then I think it's every bit as good as the MAC gel liner. I have(had) both and see no real difference. I give it a high rating even though I'm allergic because I have very sensitive eyes, most people will not have that reaction. MAC liner did not cause as much eye pain as this although I still felt a slight burn even with the MAC one. Took both back unfortunately :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jbarela2

I have been using this product for over a year. Never thought I would use cream liner, but stumbled upon this product and decided to try. I only use it for my upper lids though because it does not have great staying power on the lower lids. My skin is a little on the oily side and what ends up happening is I get raccoon eyes by 10 am. It goes on easily but will end up drying and flaking off if I try to freshen it up. Love the brush though. Even use it for my other cream liners. This product does dry out though even when the bottle is closed tightly. I think the bottle in my makeup bag has lasted me 6 mos and still 1/2 a bottle left.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used to be my favorite until I discovered E.L.F.'s cream eyeliner. L'Oreal's works pretty well, but it dries out too quickly even though I keep the container closed tight. Sometimes, it would also flake like crazy. I loved it for its staying power and intense black-color but the E.L.F. one works just as great, stays for just as long, and it's cheaper