December 22, 2014 | 1628 users online

Styling Products - Davines - Glossy Modeling Putty

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Missmurder84

In LOOOOVE with this hair product. I saw it on a blogger's site that I follow and her hair always looks perfectly tosseled and curly (she has a short, curly bob). My hair is longish, asymmetrical pixie cut (kinda like Rhianna's circa 2008 when she first chopped her hair). I too have wave/curl in my hair and now that I am growing it out just a bit I have been searching for months to find a low maintenance hair product to achieve the undone, yet done look. I FINALLY found it. All though its a little on the pricey side, you only need a tiny bit. It says on the directions to use on dry hair, but I generally towel dry my hair and when its damp I twirl the product in to create waved. I blow dry for just a minute or two with a diffuser and let it hair dry while I apply makeup I love that it's not sticky and doesn't dry hard like some gels. I would probably still use this as styling product if I were to wear my hair straight since it gives you TONS of body. This is PERFECT! And the smell is light and lovely. My only complaint is the packaging. It is super cute, but the screw off top is a little annoying. Would have been better as a flip top. Overall a MUST buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice product from Davines (after being left cold by their shampoos, I'm somewhat surprised). A little does indeed go a long way. I too have fine hair that I recently had cut fairly short, and was looking for something to tame flyaways and give a little texture without weight. This is it. I mix a *tiny* bit wih my Pureology Styling Cream and apply to damp hair before blow drying, then use a small amount, emulsified between my palms, after drying. And the word "glossy" in the name is not a misnomer--it does give nice shine where it's applied. Overall, this is a good quality product that does what it says. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by blumenshine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just started using this product and I really love it!
I have EXTREMELY fine hair and it's also very short (2 inches).
So, many styling products weigh my hair down.

This is exactly the right weight and provides unbelievable lift/control to my hair. I love it. And, like all Davines products, the smell is YUMMY (this smells like tangerines to me).

Really highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jbrennan

I was hesitant to buy this as a volumizing product cause it doesn't say anything about creating volume in either the name or the directions on the back. Like the other review says, a little goes a long way with this stuff. And if its volume you want definately keep it away from your ends and only apply to roots. I have very fine blonde highlighted hair (but alot of it!) and have tried many different things to get more volume. For a while I was using Aveda Pure Abundance with hairspay and then teased the heck out of it. This stuff gives me the same look, but with no teasing (Yay!) and it definately lasts longer. So far, I am reallly liking his stuff, except for the price, but I can see how one tube would last you forever.
EDIT: I'm still on the same tube (8 months later!) and there is still a lot left in it. I don't use this as a volumizer, however it is perfect as a finishing touch to hold down those little baby hairs that stick up around my part. I think it works much better than hairspray cause it holds really well but still lets my hair look natural

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It is awesome! I was skeptical when I bought it, but I am so glad I did. The stylist called it "tease in a bottle". It really makes your hair so full of volume, it looks like you teased it for a half hour! (I have straight, long, blonde hair, for the record). It is so great. I hate actually teasing my hair, getting those knots out are a pain and it feels nasty. This stuff gives the same full effect but you can run your fingers through it! Here's how I apply it: on dry, styled hair (styled for me is just blown straight!) take a dab half the size of a pea and rub it between your hands. then, lift 2 inch sections of your hair, starting at the crown, and apply lightly to the roots and top 1 - 2 inches. use sparingly! you can always add more, but if you smear too much on it can give you a dirty look. I apply it to the entire top half of my head, and if I am going for a really wild look, I will apply to my whole head. This stuff also works well to give that beachy, piece-y look if you apply it to the ends or bottom 1/3 of hair. I will buy this again and again!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No