April 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this SEVERAL years ago. I only recently ran across it when I was cleaning out my makeup drawer. OMG I LOVE this!!!!

I have DRY skin but my t-zone can get a little shiny by the afternoon. I also recently started using a very moisturizing concealer (Tarte Marcuja) that needs setting. This powder is PERFECT for BOTH setting makeup and using later in the day. Does not make my skin look dry which hardly ever happens for me with powders. This fact makes me think really oily skin ladies may not find this powder to be enough.

Creamy Natural is a wonderful neutral shade for my NC20 skin - maybe a little lighter but I'd rather it be a little too light than too dark or too yellow.

Coverage is SHEER. If you are wanting this to be powder foundation or a lot of coverage it is not. But it does "airbrush" my pores when applied over my foundation. DOES NOT LOOK CAKEY!!!

In the morning I use my IT cosmetic brush to apply over face. I do use the included sponge/puff to reapply when I'm out and about. It is really a good little applicator.

This is just perfect for my needs. I'm so glad I rediscovered it. Dare I say HG?! I can't think what else I would need in a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail powder- every day I set my Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation with this powder and it just looks so flawless. I use 845 in the foundation and 110 Creamy Natural in the powder. It is totally translucent and just gives everything a smooth look. It doesn't give any shine but it also doesn't have a cakey powder look. It doesn't keep your skin matte for too long though, I have to reapply or use an oil sheet every few hours and I have combination skin. Great powder overall though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im an NC30 in MAC. Let me introduce you to my adventure with this product.

I bought this 8 months ago at my local Walmart (I live in Mexico so I bought this for $179 pesos or $13USD). I bought the shade 110 Creamy Natural by accident. I blame myself so much and put this apart in my vanity for a couple days until I find a way to use it instead of threw it away (in Mexico we dont have the return policy in makeup). So one day I put my foundation, concealer and under eye setting powder as always and then I put this on top just to brighten the area and it gave me the most flawless, bright and awake look ever. Beside, it made my pores (sides of my nose) desapear, it made my skin look AMAZING!!! I apply it with my Real Techniques Setting Brush and its a great combo. It lasted all day and never creased even dough I applied more products before. I finished it 2 weeks ago (it lasted me for ever, another plus) and I already repurchased it and Im happy again! (FYI I bought the same shade)

I also tried it on my forehead to mattify my oilyness and it really worked, of course the color didnt match but it really worked for that.

The only down side is that I cant use it at night and dont even think about taking pictures because its NO WAY photo friendly. The radiance that this product lives on your skin makes it look flawless during the day but ghostly at night and if you want to take pictures the flash leaves you a white cast so... definitely a no no for those occasions.

Lets talk about the packaging... It is cheap, looks cheap and feels cheap but I don't care as long as I have a great quality product, I dont mind the packaging, it have a mirror which is great. It also comes with a powder puff, its kind of a latex texture-material and for me it is useless.

Overall I LOVE IT and I will repurchase for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have crazy oily skin. This might be my favorite DS pressed powder. It is dirt cheap-- I think around $6, like all cover girl powders.

This is so mattifying, and it doesnt settle into lines or pores. Since it is advertised as age defying, the powder is by design not supposed to settle into lines-- and it doesn't!

It glides over my pores, setting my makeup and giving me that sought after air brush look. This is the powder I always carry around for touch-ups because it doesn't make me look cakey, so it's always in my purse. It comes with a mirror too, and the mirror is pretty good quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this one a lot to lock my make-up in place and it does a good job with that but even putting a little bit on it makes you look like you have a lot of make up on. It sticks on any dry spots I have as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder cakes in dryer spots, most notably the apples of my cheek and the bridge of my nose. I have oily skin, and wear sunscreen before heading out. I changed puffs, dabbed the excess powder with a tissue, and the caking still happened. The oily spots looked nice and had a good mattifying effect. I won't be buying this again. It's just OK in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer from oily acne prone skin. I wanted a powder to give good coverage and control my oil, this is perfect. This powder is not cakey at all it's very buildable and with a good concealer gives me full coverage while looking super natural. The color ivory is perfect for my fair skin. I have much acne scarring and this helps cover it so well. Nothing keeps me 100% matte but this does the best job over all other powders. The mirror is great too. If you drop it the powder will shatter so be careful. Overall great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was looking for a cheap-ish pressed powder and got this in 105 ivory. It got good reviews from Paula Begoun, but there are a lot of products near this one's price point (around $10 US) and several of them are better. This powder is decent, but not the most finely milled or silky. Sometimes it showed up in the lines near my nose or mouth. The color was good enough on my rather pale skin, but sometimes felt a bit too dark. Compact is sturdy, puff is crap. For the money, I much prefer Physician's Formula or The Body Shop. I was not terribly impressed with the Cover Girl. I can get about the same performance from Rimmel Stay Matte for about half the price. It's good enough that I'd buy again in a pinch, but not if I have access to other options.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LadyLightRaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a big makeup wearer. I usually just use Eyeliner and mascara. But I have found this pressed power to be a good and easy addition to my routine. The toasted almond is a surprisingly good match for my skin color. The compact fits easily into the side of my purse and it's durable. I can't tell you how often I drop it. Oh, and the mirror stays surprisingly clean. I have only good things to say about this powder. It does what I need it to do. When the days come that I need more coverage, I'll probably use something else. For now, this is very good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is another OK pressed powder, it's not chalky but not very silky either. Doesn't really control the shine and not very long wearing. It's pretty sheer so I use it to set my makeup, it works well for that, doesn't look ashy, and gives me a finished look. To me it's matte, I don't notice any illuminating effect, which is fine since I have super oily T-zone. Definitely will not repurchase.