July 29, 2014 | 1650 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this powder based on the reviews from Makeup Alley, and I have to say I'm impressed. I picked this up at Kroger's for about $6.00 bucks. What I liked when I bought this was that it was packaged so the top flipped up and you could actually see the shade. I hate buying solely based on those little color cards with reproductions of the shades. Most of the time it's hit and miss. So, after looking at the shades I decided on Ivory, which ended up matching my super fair skin perfectly. Once I got home I was excited to try it right away. What surprised me was the texture. This powder has an almost creamy feel to it, but it goes on sheer without any shimmer. But it's not super matte either. Rather, it makes me glow or look radiant while still taking down the shine. The only downside to this powder is the powder puff; it's super cheap. I know it won't last long, but I'll just replace it with a better one later.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is THE BEST accidental purchase I have ever made! I meant to test out a different CoverGirl powder and mistakenly picked this one up- and I am so happy that I did because this powder has reached holy grail status for me!

Just a little background -- In the past several months, I have been using powder foundations because I feel like my skin can breath more and the makeup doesn't feel as heavy as opposed to liquid foundations. My skin is acne prone, verrrrry oily, and I have a lot of uneven reddness. When looking for a foundation, I want something that will even out my skintone, control oil, and also look as natural as possible.

Review -- I bought this at a grocery store for no more than $8 (in the lightness color, Ivory). Never in my life has a foundation matched my skin SO perfectly. The coloring overall is neutral (not too pink which I hate because it will enhance my reddness; not too orange/yellow).

This powder is NOT intended to be used as a foundation but I was looking for a cheaper powder foundation and, as I mentioned above, mistakenly bought this one. I apply this powder, after primer and concealer, with an EcoTool powder brush by swirling it into the powder and pressing it into my skin (you have to be careful swirling because the makeup can get a bit messy). This does a phenomenal job of evening out my skintone and I can apply several layers without it looking cakey. And holy crap does this just glide over my pores -- they literally disappear.

The coverage for this powder is light to light-medium. It may look a little powdery at first if you apply a lot, but after it sets for a little bit, that immediately goes away and it looks so natural.

The lasting power of this completely blew me away. I can apply this powder at 8:00am before work and not take it off until after my classes at 7:00pm. The oil control of this powder is awesome. Yes, you still will get oily, but it far exceeds the lasing powder of other makeup I've tried and its nothing a blotting sheet won't fix (and the powder doesn't disappear/melt when you get oily). You can also reapply this powder where needed later in the day and it will not look cakey.

The only downside is that I go through this powder very very quickly. However, that is because I use this as a foundation rather than a setting powder. But, for the price and amazing quality, I will continue to repurchase.

I apologize for my super long rant/review!!

Overall Summary: As a setting powder, I highly highly recommend this because it can add an extra bit of coverage and it WILL NOT settle in your pores. The oil control is also awesome!
As a foundation (which I use it as), I also highly recommend if you want something that is natural! This is NOT medium to full coverage. It is light to light-medium coverage. This powder evens out my skin tone and make it look airbrushed. It lasts all day (it does require a few touchups and it will NEVER look cakey).

I will continue to repurchase this because it is now my holy grail foundation! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this SEVERAL years ago. I only recently ran across it when I was cleaning out my makeup drawer. OMG I LOVE this!!!!

I have DRY skin but my t-zone can get a little shiny by the afternoon. I also recently started using a very moisturizing concealer (Tarte Marcuja) that needs setting. This powder is PERFECT for BOTH setting makeup and using later in the day. Does not make my skin look dry which hardly ever happens for me with powders. This fact makes me think really oily skin ladies may not find this powder to be enough.

Creamy Natural is a wonderful neutral shade for my NC20 skin - maybe a little lighter but I'd rather it be a little too light than too dark or too yellow.

Coverage is SHEER. If you are wanting this to be powder foundation or a lot of coverage it is not. But it does "airbrush" my pores when applied over my foundation. DOES NOT LOOK CAKEY!!!

In the morning I use my IT cosmetic brush to apply over face. I do use the included sponge/puff to reapply when I'm out and about. It is really a good little applicator.

This is just perfect for my needs. I'm so glad I rediscovered it. Dare I say HG?! I can't think what else I would need in a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail powder- every day I set my Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation with this powder and it just looks so flawless. I use 845 in the foundation and 110 Creamy Natural in the powder. It is totally translucent and just gives everything a smooth look. It doesn't give any shine but it also doesn't have a cakey powder look. It doesn't keep your skin matte for too long though, I have to reapply or use an oil sheet every few hours and I have combination skin. Great powder overall though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im an NC30 in MAC. Let me introduce you to my adventure with this product.

I bought this 8 months ago at my local Walmart (I live in Mexico so I bought this for $179 pesos or $13USD). I bought the shade 110 Creamy Natural by accident. I blame myself so much and put this apart in my vanity for a couple days until I find a way to use it instead of threw it away (in Mexico we dont have the return policy in makeup). So one day I put my foundation, concealer and under eye setting powder as always and then I put this on top just to brighten the area and it gave me the most flawless, bright and awake look ever. Beside, it made my pores (sides of my nose) desapear, it made my skin look AMAZING!!! I apply it with my Real Techniques Setting Brush and its a great combo. It lasted all day and never creased even dough I applied more products before. I finished it 2 weeks ago (it lasted me for ever, another plus) and I already repurchased it and Im happy again! (FYI I bought the same shade)

I also tried it on my forehead to mattify my oilyness and it really worked, of course the color didnt match but it really worked for that.

The only down side is that I cant use it at night and dont even think about taking pictures because its NO WAY photo friendly. The radiance that this product lives on your skin makes it look flawless during the day but ghostly at night and if you want to take pictures the flash leaves you a white cast so... definitely a no no for those occasions.

Lets talk about the packaging... It is cheap, looks cheap and feels cheap but I don't care as long as I have a great quality product, I dont mind the packaging, it have a mirror which is great. It also comes with a powder puff, its kind of a latex texture-material and for me it is useless.

Overall I LOVE IT and I will repurchase for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have crazy oily skin. This might be my favorite DS pressed powder. It is dirt cheap-- I think around $6, like all cover girl powders.

This is so mattifying, and it doesnt settle into lines or pores. Since it is advertised as age defying, the powder is by design not supposed to settle into lines-- and it doesn't!

It glides over my pores, setting my makeup and giving me that sought after air brush look. This is the powder I always carry around for touch-ups because it doesn't make me look cakey, so it's always in my purse. It comes with a mirror too, and the mirror is pretty good quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this one a lot to lock my make-up in place and it does a good job with that but even putting a little bit on it makes you look like you have a lot of make up on. It sticks on any dry spots I have as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder cakes in dryer spots, most notably the apples of my cheek and the bridge of my nose. I have oily skin, and wear sunscreen before heading out. I changed puffs, dabbed the excess powder with a tissue, and the caking still happened. The oily spots looked nice and had a good mattifying effect. I won't be buying this again. It's just OK in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer from oily acne prone skin. I wanted a powder to give good coverage and control my oil, this is perfect. This powder is not cakey at all it's very buildable and with a good concealer gives me full coverage while looking super natural. The color ivory is perfect for my fair skin. I have much acne scarring and this helps cover it so well. Nothing keeps me 100% matte but this does the best job over all other powders. The mirror is great too. If you drop it the powder will shatter so be careful. Overall great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was looking for a cheap-ish pressed powder and got this in 105 ivory. It got good reviews from Paula Begoun, but there are a lot of products near this one's price point (around $10 US) and several of them are better. This powder is decent, but not the most finely milled or silky. Sometimes it showed up in the lines near my nose or mouth. The color was good enough on my rather pale skin, but sometimes felt a bit too dark. Compact is sturdy, puff is crap. For the money, I much prefer Physician's Formula or The Body Shop. I was not terribly impressed with the Cover Girl. I can get about the same performance from Rimmel Stay Matte for about half the price. It's good enough that I'd buy again in a pinch, but not if I have access to other options.