FACE Atelier - Ultra Foundation

Cyclomethicone, Water, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Lauroyl Lysine, Tristearin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Ci77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci77492 Ci77491 Ci77499/Iron Oxides, Mica Ci77019

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Man this is a pretty foundation! I know they say no primer needed with it but I use the Hourglass Veil Primer just for a little extra hydration after moisturizer (dry as hell here). It looks skin like, can be built up without looking cakey and spreads great with a beauty blender. My hub loves the way my skin looks when I wear this.. I hate scents, this has none and it stays on all day! It's probably the most unique one I have out of my collection in the way of how it sets, lasting coverage and it seems to look better in an hour or two. Takes a while to set. If you are dry you might really like this one if you can find your shade! I am NC 30 in MAC and WHEAT matches me perfectly!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wear the shade Honey . I am an nc40. I find the color light and ashy when set. I love how it applies. I dont use a primer under it. But it glides on really well. It feels smooth. It doesnt feel sticky although it feels like it when you see the creamy texture akin to Giorgio Armani Luminous silk ( minus the watery texture) . I love it however i just dont like the color pay off. It stays on all day and it doesnt rub off unlike Nars all day luminous or cover fx custom cover drops. It gives a nice matte finish but oil control is so so. It is okay since it dont expect much for foundations nowadays. I just wear them and im done! I dont overanalyze or whatever. I dont wanna stress my life with thinking why this why that . All good. It's fun that i get to try it .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great foundation for medium to high coverage particularly if you have wrinkles and mature skin it helps to soften them. I do regular exfoliation which makes all makeup much easier to apply and work with. This one is no exception. If you don't exfoliate you will see dry patches. I consider the finish matte no matter how much or little you use.

My only real problem with this line is the Zero Minus is a must if you are pale and maybe even light skin tones because this product will dry down darker and oxidize a bit. I am assuming it is because it is highly pigmented. On the other hand I feel they WANT you to need the extra's of Minus or Plus and it may be intentional.

I settled for Porcelain and some Zero Minus. I may revisit and get some Ivory too. This product has a bit of a smell (not exactly fragrance free ) but it diminishes after a few minutes. I consider Porcelain a neutral /leaning yellow color and although not a perfect match I have only the other choice of Ivory which would be too dark on its own. I didn't want to have to buy a 3rd bottle having all ready bought the minus.

Honestly I prefer the Face Atelier Ultra Skin foundation they offer because the older I get less is more. I use this when I want fuller coverage and sometimes just on a pesky forehead wrinkle for a blurring effect with a tiny bit of illuminator or mixed in with the ultra skin for higher coverage in that area. I also think this is a great product for summer if you have dry or mature skin.

The Zero Minus in and of itself is a godsend for correcting any foundation that is too dark.
Deducting one lippie because Zero is a must have since Porcelain on its own is a little too dark for my winter skin.

You can purchase this foundation as a pro size (20mL and plastic container) or normal size (30mL and glass container). They both have pumps which is always a plus. The foundation has quite a liquid-y consistency, but don't be fooled, it is gives you more coverage than you would think. The great thing about this foundation, is it is so easy to build from a very light coverage to moderately heavy coverage with out caking. The reason this is, is because it is silicone based. Silicone based foundations are great but you have to know what products are compatible with it otherwise it will not work in your favour. Make sure you use a silicone based concealer with it (example- makeup forever full coverage concealer) if you are blending the two together so they mix seamlessly. And DO NOT use a primer, even if it is silicone based, it will not work, stick with a moisturiser before use. If you won't want to buy it because you feel like you need a primer with every foundation you use, you could say this has an 'inbuilt primer' in it because it is silicone based and it will last for the whole day. I read some people were upset because it leaves an oily or too dewy look on the skin. This foundation I find is ok on all skin types, you just have to set it! Even just set it with a powder in the t-zone to avoid that oily shine but keep the rest of your skin dewy. It truly is a great foundation that you can easily keep light or amp up.

I had high hopes for this foundation based on the positive reviews I read here but alas it didn't meet my expectations. I bought the sample size Ultra Foundation in No 5. Day 1: I applied Cerave body lotion on my face as my moisturizer then I used a stippling brush to apply the foundation (which btw is runny). It felt soft on my skin but I found it made my face look oily - maybe some would call it dewy but not me. By hour 4, my face was shiny I actually had to use the washroom and use a papertowel to wipe the oil off my face. (I dont usually wear make up so I had no face powder or blotting paper/tissue). I decided to give this foundation another try by changing my application technique. Day 2: I applied Cerave to half of my face only then applied foundation on my entire face using a natural sponge. The appearance and texture was only slightly better. I still had oily face by hour 4. I will keep trying different application methods and maybe put a translucent powder to set the foundation next time. I should also note that my face turned a little bit darker within a few hours of putting the foundation on. At least it wasnt orange lol. Maybe this will be better in the winter when my face is drier. For reference I am combo skin - oily on tzone but have dry cheeks.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've ever used! No primer needed, it stays on all day (lasted me 13 hours before I removed it) and it looks so natural! The best quality I love is that it isn't heavy at all! It gives that fresh dewy look and you don't even need to set it with powder. I would definitely recommend this foundation... Worth every penny!

I just received my samples and I have to say I'm in love! I have fair, combination skin with large pores around the cheek area. With this makeup my pores look smaller, I don't look oily or dry, and it looks like my skin - not a bunch of makeup. I had this on the other day and actually ran around running errands in this Oklahoma heat and although I broke out in a sweat a couple times, my makeup still looked good even after wiping the sweat away. That's never happened before!
I wear a sunscreen underneath, as well as a moisturizer and it doesn't pill up. It layers very well where you need it. I use a setting powder over it (Bare Minerals Perfecting Powder), and it lasts until I take it off at night.
I can't wait to order more, and I was glad to see the listings for the two others sights to order from here in the states instead of Canada. I plan on getting the 0++ in order to keep up with my skin getting tanner this summer. What a great idea!
The two other places that sell it online in the states are:
http://camerareadycosmetics.com/ and http://whiterabbitbeauty.com/.
It is not tested on animals - another important plus for me, and it is fragrance free and vegan.
Give it a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Looks very skinlike on my 52 yo skin. No primer necessary, lasts all day without touch ups. One pump more than completely covers my face, and it's cruelty free!

Hands down, the BEST foundation I've ever used!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this in the 0.68 oz sizes for $34 each, in two shades: Porcelain & Ivory. I found from the original samples I had ordered that I was able to mix the pefect shade for my pale warm complexion by combining approximately equal amounts of the two lightest shades, Porcelain and Ivory. On Face Atelier's website, they describe Porcelain as a "cool" shade, but it looks pretty neutral to me. Ivory is described as "warm," and I have to agree, it is both warm and yellow. In purchasing the Ultra Foundation, I hoped to use it to cover some areas of hypopigmentation, essentially Leucoderma, along the same lines of vitiligo. It's probably related to my underlying autoimmune disease of Lupus. The rest of my complexion is nice overall, but I have those dreadful white splotches along my cheekbones down to my jawline that look like someone stippled my skin with white paint on a small paint brush.
:-(

Anyway, I squirt one small dot of each foundation color on a flat foundation brush, and lightly tap the product on the sides of my face, from my cheekbones down to my jawline, where the Leucoderma is present. For the most part, this foundation covers the hypopigmentation and looks basically like my real skin! I'm very pleased with the result. Being the Virgo perfectionist that I am, though, I still go back in with a concealer brush and lightly stipple in some of my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in the shade Porcelain. This step further blends in the pale areas, but I could probably get by without it. Because I want to make sure my handiwork stays put from dawn till dusk, I do set it with a powder. I like my Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation for this step, in the shade Ultra Fair. On the rest of my face, I usually apply a TM or BB cream, something that won't settle into any fine lines on my 41-year-old face (around my eyes and the nasolabial folds). After all of that work, I dab on a cream blush, usually Ben Nye, and then I set my T-zone with a light-diffusing powder (Nars Crystal or Guerlain Meteorites). After the final powdering, I like a light misting of natural rosewater, and find it brings life back to my skin so I don't appear too powdery. Overall, the Face Atelier Ultra Foundation feels comfortable, and is long-lasting. The silicone base eliminates the need for a primer under it, so that is nice. I've tried wearing it all over my entire face, which is nice if I want to look perfect for an evening out with my husband, but it's just as well for me to only apply it in the aforementioned problem areas so the product will last longer between purchases.

All of these cosmetics I've just described comes from the results of A LOT of trial and error, all of which has been quite expensive. In the past, I found that I didn't really care for DermaBlend, because it felt so thick and spackle-like and the colors never really matched my skin. I hope my review can provide insight for others who have hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation to hide.

Video Reviews & Tutorials