November 27, 2014 | 1398 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Booster Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by leamarie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using these 2 nights ago in combo with the booster serum & I cannot rave enough about these 2 products. First of all, I love retinol products but these 2 in combo take the cake. They mix so well & smell so good. I have very very good skin but I still anti age. I use Mary Kay, Dr. Denese & philosophy. These caps mixed with the booster serum is by far the best products philosophy ever made. Thank god that I found 4 sets from a friend if mine for only $40 bucks a set. I think that if you can find it, buy it. You will be in love. My skin is as soft as a babies bottom. I couldn't believe the immediate results. So exciting

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by NikkiHarbin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**My Skin/Needs**I'm 25, and my skin is oily/very oily in the t-zone, sensitive, and somewhat acne prone. I have very few fine lines (mainly under my eyes) and no wrinkles. I'm looking for anti-aging products with proven ingredients that will prevent wrinkles, make my skin look brighter/more youthful, hydrate my skin without adding oil or clogging my pores, protect and heal my skin from the damage from free radicals, and also, refine my pores making my skin appear smoother. **Review**After using this product for the past 2 - 3 days in the evening, I can see a slight difference in the hydration, smoothness, and brightness of my skin. The product is very soothing and hydrates my skin very well without feeling greasy or heavy. Overall, I would definitely recommend the product solely for its ability to soothe, smooth, and hydrate my skin. As for its anti-aging abilities, only time will tell. As with many anti-aging products, it's necessary to use the product for several weeks, sometimes months, to see if it's indeed effective at preventing and treating the signs of aging. There is no product capable of completely transforming one's skin overnight. It takes time. I recommend taking your picture before you start treating your skin with the anti-aging products of your choice, then retake your picture 4 to 6 weeks later to see if your skin has improved. This will help you determine if the product actually works. I believe that the ingredients used in most of Philosophy's anti-aging products (Vitamin C & E, Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides) are scientifically proven to prevent and treat the signs of aging. In other words, I believe in the science behind their products. I will update my review in 4 to 6 weeks.
***Update...I've been using this product for about one month, and I love it. It makes my skin look and feel incredibly younger, hydrated, and smooth. It provides excellent all-day hydration with absolutely no greasiness/oiliness. Great product for all skin types (oily, dry, sensitive, acne prone). Although my skin is oily, sometimes very oily, and acne prone, this product has not caused me to break out. Best serum I've ever used. Very preventative and produces real results.....it definitely gives skin a huge boost! I will absolutely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kelly0706

I have only been using this for about a week and I really like it. I can tell it's doing something, my skin just looks and feels better. I'm in my mid-forties and my skin is oily one day, dry the next, sensitive, etc. Since I've been using this, my skin just looks better and seems to have calmed down. At some point I would like to try this with the booster caps. It's a little expensive, but worth it if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jogun11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second bottle of booster serum. When I had started using this a couple of months ago, people were actually commenting on my skin! I switched to Philosphy Help Me after that, thinking it would be even better as it won an award from Allure magazine...but no way! I finished the tube of Help Me and ordered the booster serum again.....instantly better looking skin...from the first week. I'm getting compliments again! I'm 47, though people say I don't look it. This stuff is transforming! I will never be without it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ingredients: Water, Hexyl Laurate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Squalene, Caprylic Acid, Lecithin, Carbomer, Chrysin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cholesterol, Ceramide 3, Caffiene, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Triethanolamine, Steareth 20, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-9, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

I am awaiting this from QVC, was on waitlist in UK but have checked and one has been sent.

Upadate: This arrived today and guess what the ingredients on the side are different to the website!! Its got Citronellol in it and I am allergic. Its going straight back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I love this stuff. I mix it with the booster caps.It makes your skin feel and look terrific.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by makupfool

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is awesome. I have only tried a sample and loved it the first night. I think the previous review negated some of the most important ingredients such as sodium hyaluronate, caffiene, squalane, sodium pca and the ceramide 3. All are wonderfully moisturizing, Peptides are low yes, but the moisture/drink of water this product gave my dry skin in a dry climate, 43 yo skin a real BOOST!