July 29, 2014 | 1648 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Glow Sensuelle

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 6:05:00 AM More reviews by huongttlan

I love this body lotion so much that before leaving the US, I orderer 3 more and even tried to go to Lancome boutique in order to get some... The smell is heaven to me. I swear I never experience any kind of that good smell for body lotion in my life... And since I study in Singapore, I love its texture- not too thick. Just right...

For the prize, I think one bottle can last me around 1 month (plus or minus, depends on how lazy I am ha ha). 31 USD is not too expensive. And for those of you who wants to get self-tanning. I don't think this one is good for u since it only helps to to develop the subtle healthy glow on your skin. But well, I love that kind of glow so I love it....

Anw, Lancome discontinued this product already so I don't think you guys can buy it at Macy's, Nordstrom's... Maybe they still have stocks online or in very few Lancome boutique... That's why I ordered a lot ha ha.

Oh, one minus point of the packaging. Sometimes, the pump sucks (doesn't work) especially when u use half of the bottle. The package looks nice though

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by permanentBBQ

I bought this as a replacement for my Clarins gradual self-tanner, mainly because it was less expensive. But while overall it is less expensive, I find I have to use more of the product. I'll be lucky to get 5-6 uses out of it for whole body use.

It hardly develops any color. I have to use a full-on regular self tanner first and then this will help maintain, but it won't develop much on it's own.

The one good thing about this is the scent-- it goes on a slight Lancomish scent but doesn't tend to get the nasty burnt skin self-tanner scent, even when I use during daytime.

It also "flakes" off I find after it dries.

I would not recommend this and will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mmilikethat

I love Lancome for their makeup, but I have to say I was disappointed about this. Tennis is in the spring, so I wanted to be tan enough to wear tennis skirts and shorts, so I tried Glow Sensuelle. Trust me, you might not think the shimmer is that noticeable, but if you're in the sun, OMG. It's basically streaks of glitter! Also, it smells okay if you put it on when you come out of the shower, but if you put it on like at the end of the day or something, it smells like something's burning. I returned this to Nordstrom's after a week. Gotta love their return policy! In the end, I prefer my Kiehl's because it doesn't smell like anything and it doesn't have shimmer.
As for the color, it wasn't that bad. It was a bit orangey, but it was still a somewhat cute, believable color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Joey2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm watching for the UPS man right now as I am waiting on another bottle of Glow Sensuelle ordered from the Lancome site. This is the best gradual I've tried and even though it's expensive, I'll continue to purchase. The smell is so nice (for reference, I've just thrown away 2 brand new tubes of Jergens Gradual in the "improved" scent due to the smell). The G.S. sinks in nicely and doesn't make me all sticky. The color is a nice tan color rather than orange, and after I get a nice color, every other day use is sufficient. I have purchased many tubes of many other brands - this is the best hands down. Also, if you register on the Lancome site, you receive lots of emails for samples, offers, etc (not affiliated in any way).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by airbus380

I bought it based on the positive reviews from here. It does give my skin a nice touch of glow soon after a couple of application, not too orange nor too tan, but the level of moisturizing is almost none. My skin starts to become really really dry (for reference, I live in London) and I have to use another body lotion to moisturize my skin! I have very dry skin btw. And the smell is horrible, it's like burning smell all over my body. I haven't used tan products before so it may be the same but I didn't expect this to have such smell cos this is daily moisturizer. Even my bf who always loves to smell me stop smelling me soon after I've started using it. If you don't mind about the tan-like smell and that you don't have very dry skin, it might be suitable if you want lightly tanned skin throughout the year. I prefer Loreal Summer Glow (fair skin) over this cos of the very pleasant smell with 24 hours moisturizing ability for much cheaper price!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by heatheru

Love this stuff, but it is expensive. It is moisturizing, doesn't smell at all like the typical self-tanner smell, and gives a nice natural-looking glow. Would buy again, one lippie off for price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by lmande

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this self tanner all spring and summer long. I think I've gone through at least 6 bottles of it already. I have fair skin and get very little sun exposure sitting in an office all day so for me this is the most natural touch of color and doesn't scream - self tanner. Its very subtle and not a bad body lotion either - hydrating but not heavy or sticky. I'll probably keep using this until around October. They make this in a body butter also but I've not tried that. At $26 its not a cheap product to use every day so I now use it every other day and I still get a good result.