December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Eyeliner - Guerlain - Loose Kohl in Oriental Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

After digging my 2 Guerlain Kohls out of my makeup drawer that have been hiding for a couple of years, Oriental Bronze is my favorite. It seems to wear much better that my Bleu with very little smudging throughout the day beneath my eyes. I wear it swiped on my upper and lower waterlines and it really just compliments my light brown eyes. I can wear this with many different e/s color combos and have it match well. It's a gold laced greenish khaki that's subtle but very pretty. I hope I never run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by YUPP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful color and it has such a great staying power. The color is this beautiul greenish/brown that really compliments my dark brown eyes and medium-tan skin (Mac C-4).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 5:58:00 AM More reviews by desden

I have just managed to get my hands on this loose kohl from a fabulous ebayer. It is a very beautiful colour and I think my favourite of all the loose kohls. It is probably the most sparkly of all the kohls and it makes your eyes shine - not too much fall out with this one either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by simiparga

PIC INCLUDED. This is my fave Guerlain kohl. I have Noir, Brun, Oriental metal and this gorgeous one.
On me its a beautiful olive brown that makes my eyes pop! I can see green, olive, bown it's complex and very, very pretty!It has shimmery particles too. I don't have anything like this and I've ben using it almost daily for the last 3 weeks - just an indication of how much I love it!
I find these easy to apply, I just blow on the wand ever so gently before I line my rims. I never get any fall out this way. Such a beautiful shade!!!
Here are the 4 that I own ++PHOTO++

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by boqueron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

General description of product: This is typical of all Guerlain kohls. It comes in a clear ampule with a gold top and a little stick for applying the kohl. It's packed in a little velvet thing. It was a limited edition shade for summer 2007, IIRC. I only have it because a lovely MUAer swapped me her BNIB kohl, since I missed the boat in summer, lol. I think it retailed for $32 or $34.

General description of me: I am a PPP NC15 with auburn hair, brown eyes, and freckles. I have recently discovered the kohls thanks to all the board discussion, and I love them!

Application: I prefer to use the Eastern method of application. I watched purplepengiunz' video tutorial on the application. It looked fantastic, although a bit dangerous and painful to apply. This didn't stop me! I did it anyway, and it's not at all painful or dangerous. The tutorial is fabulous, showed just how to do it. I am the world's biggest klutz, and I applied this without poking my eye out or managing to get it all over me. And did I mention I was in a parking lot at the time?

Overall impression of the product: Absolutely gorgeous! It is a shimmery medium greenish color, more like a patina copper than a bronze IMO. There is a bit of shimmer, but not at all OTT. It just looks like my eyes are glowy. I absolutely love this with Stila Forest Clove trio! It is more subtle than the brun and the noir kohls. Now I need the purple one! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SMMY

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I want to echo what the reviewer below posted. I have several of the Guerlain loose kohl eye liners and this is by far my favorite. It is very flattering and more complex than than the regular kohl colors. It is a lovely gilded khaki that would look great on a variety of eye colors. I find them easy to apply and long lasting. I know this particular item was limited edition, but it's is still available at some counters likely. I highly recommend it just for the uniqueness of the color and the quality of the product. Please Guerlain, come out with more colors of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is very very very very beautiful, these loose kohl powders in general will give you absolutely and totally beautiful eyes no matter what your natural eyes look like. You can believe me because I have plain-looking blah eyes without makeup and I always make them up, and even so nothing makes them look so beautiful as Guerlain loose kohl. I'm surprised not to find this particular colour here, it's a gorgeous olive-khaki green with lots of gold sparkle, sort of like MAC Uniform but with a lot more gold sparkle. And at any rate nothing looks like this loose kohl powder which always gives you such smokey sultry exotic eyes no matter what the colour of the powder. Its application is imprecise and smokey and smudgey and that is what it is supposed to look like, not a harsh line with well-defined borders. This is LE but I don't know when it came out as it doesn't come here in MUA nor on Guerlain's website, and here in my country LE's from other countries never arrive at the same time as they do in other countries. Anyways many people have complained that this loose kohl is difficult to apply but I find it to be the fastest and easiest eyeliner to apply of all the eyeliners I've tried, I apply it the Eastern way with the stick and it is very quick, just a zip and a zip across each eye, and then I pass the stick a bit over areas which didn't receive as much powder when the application is uneven. I apply looking down into the sink so the excess powder falls into the sink instead of on my face. I also use powder concealer underneath my eyes and that seems to help prevent it from smudging a lot underneath my eyes but at any rate, this is a smokey eyeliner and it's SUPPOSED to smudge a little, that only adds to the intense mysterious exotic effect.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No