Sudocrem

4.3

Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 15.25%, Benzyl Alcohol 0.39%, Benzyl Benzoate, 1.01% Benzyl Cinnamate 0.15%, Lanolin 4% Also contains: Purified Water, Liquid Paraffin, Paraffin Wax, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Linalyl Acetate Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Butylated Hydroxyanisole, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Lavender Fragrance

on 1/10/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have acne prone skin with eczema a bit of rosacea on my face. I had developed red spots on my face without any known cause and nothing got rid of them. I started putting a very light coating of Sudocrem on my face a few weeks ago at night and my acne is about 99% gone and so are the red spots. Tonight a friend commented how great my skin looked cause she could normally see the acne underneath my makeup but now my skin is uniform and clear. I have tried Paneten and Destin but they didn't work at all for me. Sudocrem really works.

on 1/3/2015 5:16:00 AM

Gentle on acne and mild scarring too! Perfects my face like nothing else can over night. If I was filthy rich I'd still use this stuff at night, it's amazing and only is a little oily when you apply, in the morning your skin looks nice and not oily at all ready for cleansing!! Brilliant stuff, cannot fault it.

on 11/19/2014 4:45:00 PM

Sudocrem is a 15% Zinc ointment. There are probably hundreds of different creams on the market that contain different percentage of zinc for different purposes (nappy rash creams, sunscreens, specialty creams, you can even make your own DIY). If Zinc is an ingredient that helps your skin like mine (I actually found it out by chance when i bought a new mineral sunscreen with 12% zinc and my acne improved tremendously) there is absolutely no need to go out of your way to obtain Sudocrem, just pick anything that has at least 15% zinc. I'm saying this because apparently it's not available everywhere and people go through extra effort to get Sudocrem specifically (there is Penaten; Burts Bees; Weleda; Aveeno has a nappy cream with oatmeal, I actually want to try it myself; etc)

Sudocrem works well on active acne. It helps to heal pimples fast. However, it's very greasy and it clogs my pores. If you put a little bit of cream and rub between your fingers you will see how extremely greasy and oily it is. I will not repurchase.

I prefer Desitin much more and use it daily. I put a thin layer all over my face before going to bed. Desitin is 40% zinc, but the cream itself is much 'drier' and doesn't have this oily feel to it. I tried to mix Desitin and Sudocrem 50/50, also clogged my pores instantly. After I started using Desitin, it’s been a few months I didn’t have active acne on my face which is sort of a miracle! If only I could keep my hands away from my face I would have seen even better results.

on 10/1/2014 6:52:00 PM

As a child I had amazing skin, as I got older and the development of my body took place I noticed a massive change in my appearance. I have suffered from exzema ever since I was born but now it is not as bad as it was. Whenever my exzema starts to hurt I just put on a small amount of sudocream and it works overnight, which I love. Most creams for this condition leave my skin in an itchy mess. I broke out in spots when I was around 15. Massive changes to my health occured resulting in regular visits to the doctors, my diet was terrible and I lacked nutrients in my body, I am a very fussy eater. My doctor said because I do not eat well my skin doesnt keep well either. I decided to change my diet. I changed my diet and still my face was ridden in spots. I was so embarrassed to go to school without makeup on because of these ugly red things. I am grateful that my acne was not terrible! I decided to use a thin layer of sudocrem on my face overnight! I woke up and my skin looked refreshed, my spots had shrinked in size and the redness had disappeared. I instantly felt confident about myself! I am so picky about putting harsh chemicals onto my skin due to my exzema on my body, I like how thin sudocrem is. What a great product! (i have normal skin. this product will react different on different people)

on 9/18/2014 5:40:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

So the other day I had a blind pimple on my chin. We all know the ones…they start as a little lump then turn in to a big lump under the skin that hurts to touch but does not have a head on it. Even when you leave them 100% alone (no picking or squeezing), they hang around for DAYS and DAYS.

Popped a bit of this cream on the spot and went to bed. Next morning, the lump was 90% smaller and no longer hurt to touch. I applied some more cream, went to work and that night it was completely GONE except for some slight redness in the area. Could not believe it - underground pimple gone in 24 hours.

Absolutely fantastic product!!! Now I am wishing I could go back in time and tell myself about this miracle cream - it would have saved me many days of regretting trying to squeeze those horrid underground pimples and just making everything 100 times worse.

Now when I see a spot forming (large or small), this cream be will all up in their grills.

Really cheap - available in the baby section of most chemists/pharmacies. Will definitely purchase…probably for the rest of my life.

EDIT - still loving this cream. If it does not completely remove an underground pimple, it will make your skin process the lump and bring it to a head very quickly.

on 8/10/2014 10:24:00 PM

EDIT - 1 week later. As good as this is drying out pimples it definitely needs to be used sparingly. AI applied a thick layer at night for a few nights then slept on one of those u shaped travel pillows to keep my usual pillow clean, and I applied a super thin amount in the morning. After a couple of days my skin was terribly dry, peeling and uncomfortable. The best description I can think of is it looked my skin had been burnt with hot water or something. Lesson learnt, apply THINLY just where needed!

What a great all purpose product at such a great price and so readily available.

I got horribly sunburnt and was at the chemist looking for something to ease my skin which felt like it had been cooked into a beef jerky!

I'd tried vinegar, aloe vera, baby oil to name a few and stumbled across Sudocrem next to the papaya ointment. I couldn't decide between the 2 and went with Sudocrem solely because of the price - I'm glad I did.

It takes a long time to sink in, and stained my black nightie with white patches but it eased the sting of the sunburn instantly. My burnt skin was so sensitive I warmed the crem in my hands so it glided onto my skin easier and it worked a treat. While I was sitting still waiting for it to sink in I read some reviews about it's use on acne and decided to give it a go. While it's not an overnight miracle cream (nothing is) it definitely helped my acne. The redness hadn't disappeared completely but it had eased noticeably and all I needed to do was gently pop a few whiteheads and my skin was clean. I applied it way too thickly and my face got stuck to my pillow but I've reapplied during the day and providing you apply it VERY THINLY no one will tell you're wearing it.

I've recently had a body odour smell and despite washing in tea tree, using both heavy duty and natural deodorants etc I can't get rid of a horrible smell and it's driving me crazy. I applied a crystal rock deodorant and a super thin smear of this on my underarms and it worked a treat. Surprisingly it didn't feel oily or uncomfortable at all and didn't stain my top. I think the trick is a super thin application.

I'll keep this on hand at all times from now on. Cheap as chips and effective for many things -what more could you want!

My only complaint is the tub - there was only one size at the chemist I went to. It would eventually get unhygienic dipping fingers into it so keep that in mind. A tube would be ideal and great for travelling.

I love sudocrem!!! It is incredible. Now that I have this I feel like I will never have any blemishes anymore ever, because when you see one coming you use a little bit as a spot treatment. Then when you wake up in the morning, it's GONE. No joke. Gone!

on 4/27/2014 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh, Sudocrem. In a world of disappointing beauty products, you never let me down. I always have tubs of this on hand for cuts, sores, hangnails, burns, eczema flair ups and painful acne breakouts. It's cheap and cheerful and gets the job done - I'll never be without it!

on 1/19/2014 6:02:00 PM

Sudocrem has been in the family medical cabinet since I was a baby. My partner has a little bit of industrial dermatitis which is from the concrete he works with, I put this cream on him twice and it was 70% cleared. I am prone to mosquitoes biting me every single day over here in Australia and I whack some cream on it...itch disappears in seconds! I had a really bad curling iron burn on my arm and this cream literally sped up the healing process and it looked better within 2 uses. This cream I trust with anything and I definitely recommend it to everybody even young children.

I've read a lot of reviews saying Sudocrem is some kind of miracle cream, but unfortunately it hasn't been that extraordinary for me. It comes in a small tub/or tube or a large tub, with plenty of cream, and is very cheap. The cream itself is thick and white, and leaves a white residue on the skin. I usually use it overnight, despite it leaving marks on the pillow, or when I am at home, as it is very heavy and leaves obvious white marks. So how well does it work? Well, It's okay. It is soothing for rashes and irritations, and may reduce the redness of spots a little, but to see real effects you have to be persistent! Using it as a night cream regularly may help reduce breakouts, though might leave your skin oily in the morning. If you wipe it off, it does leave a certain glow, but if you are going for the 'glowy' look, instead of Sudocrem, just apply a bit of coconut oil. Sudocrem is also great for rash emergencies, at least before you can go out and buy a prescription medicine. Just be warned, it would be pretty difficult to wear this during the day, as it is a bright white, unless applied in a very thin layer.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)