Sally Hansen Smile Brightening Lip Treatment Luminous

Price: $

on 11/20/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I love this lipgloss

Pros
Has a mirror on the lid
The little bubbles on the tube are fun to look at
The color looks AMAZING on me!

Cons
Does not whiten teeth
Not full size

on 9/20/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got this lip gloss as a gift i love the color i love the mint flavor/scent is nice and i love the bottle, however the "teeth whitening" is not a good way to market this. my teeth are definitely not any whiter looking when i ware this but i do love the lip gloss. it goes on smooth not gloppy or sticky it lasts quite a long time and its super conditioning. i will buy this one again and i may try some other ones too :)

on 5/13/2011 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What an ugly color. It reminds me of terracotta clay only a lot duller. Very pasty shade that does very bad things to my complexion.

Fortunately, I got this color as a mini in a kit of all the Smile Brightening colors in minis, so I didn't lose a lot of money on fullsize gloss I'll never use. I use this shade as a lip conditioner only, since this gloss is quite conditioning & moisturizing to my lips. It clings nicely, is creamy not goopy, & lasts a long time. But the color is so ugly I'll only put on a very thin, sheer layer & maybe add something else on top if I'm going outdoors.

I can tolerate very few nude shades & this one is really really blech!
It could use some iridescence for depth or something (it's a flat creme).

on 5/31/2010 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have so many lipsticks/lipglosses, so I change up the lip products in my cosmetic bag every other day, but this lipgloss stays in my bag. The color is a creme pink mocha color, perfect for my skin tone. I have backups & backups of this stuff, my hubby thinks I'm crazy. I have the medium size Sterlite drawers and one drawer is full of this lipgloss (without the package box). I love it that much. I don't see it in any drugstore, Target, Wal-Mart, etc., so I think it's discontinued. I bought my first one at Big Lots in December 2009 for $2.00, tried it and fell in love with it, and went back to the same Big Lots and cleaned them out. I go to Big Lots frequently and when I see this lippie in stock I grab all of them. A few weeks ago, I saw them at my local Dollar Tree, unfortunately, they only had 1 in this color. The other colors are funky and not for me. I have gone through 3 tubes already. As far as teeth brightening properties, I really don't see a difference. The color is so pigmented, it stays on for a good amount of time, but reapplying isn't a big deal.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this product. At first I avoided purchasing because I didn't really like the price and I didn't know how the colors would look on me, then fairly recently I was shopping at the dollar store and found this. So it only cost me $1! I have to say that all my fears were set aside when I purchased this product and it has now become my favorite lip gloss. I just wish they made more colors. Luminous is the only color that I like.

on 11/26/2009 10:35:00 AM

I didn't see a review for the shade Dazzling, but I love this! Pepperminty smell, and the perfect shade of fuschia. I'm light-skinned w blonde hair and blue eyes, and even tho it's a little bold for me, every single time I wear this, girls ask me what brand and color and want to go out and buy it. I heard it's discontinued, and if that's true, it's a shame. Also, it DEFINITELY makes my teeth look whiter. I don't understand all the negative reviews!!

on 9/18/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great pigmented colour. Texture is a bit too heavy for my liking. The smell is a bit overpowering. It is blue-based so yes my smile is a bit brighter but that's it. It lasts about an hour on me.

Unfortunately it makes my lips peel within half an hour so I'm trying to see if I can put it over some heavy lipsticks to see if I can wear it at all. If you've got sensitive lips, avoid this product.

on 7/7/2009 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i believe this line has been discontinued, but you can still find it online and in the clearance bins in stores, thankfully. i like this shade, and i do believe it to be "smile brightening" (the effect can probably be achieved with any cool/blue-undertoned shade, but dummies like me need help selecting those shades when presented with 100s of lipsticks on the shelf, and this line eliminates that guess work :))

on 2/23/2009 2:46:00 PM

I actually like the taste of this product. Its peppermint flavored. It makes your teeth a little whiter because of blue tints, but the product still comes out red like the shade in the bottle. As far as gunkiness goes, I've seen far worse in MAC. This is a really good lipgloss for the price.

I think I lucked out and picked the best reviewed color of the bunch. This is an ordinary quality lip gloss in my opinion. I little sticky but less so in cold weather. Nice enough taste. Easy to apply. Pretty neutral shade that goes easily over most lipsticks. It does whiten the smile a bit, and when your tired, makes redness in your eyes less visible (big plus.)

My biggest rave about this product is about the tiny mirrors on the sides. They are curved so that you can see your ENTIRE FACE in them. This makes touching up makeup and hair a breeze.

I would say buy this for the mirrors alone if you don't like carrying compact mirrors.

I pull this out during classes, and the packaging draws envious looks.

Recommended for Medium Skin