Lancome Rouge Sensation in Luxe

4.4

This goes on so nice. Love the color I got. It feels nice on and lasts a long time. You rarely have to re-apply. Looks great with or without gloss.

on 10/24/2012 9:51:00 PM

I think this is one of my favorite rouge lipsticks ever. Its the ultimate fall and winter lipstick. It has slight glitter in it but its very unnoticeable. I love it with a dark gloss, in the darker reds but not rouge. It is a bit pricy, but Lancome pulls off almost any lipstick color with its consistency.

on 6/23/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very pretty summery shade. It's VERY rich, and very smooth. I'm not fond of the department store smell that it has, but But it's still a pretty shade :)

on 12/15/2009 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got as a sample...but would pay for it even though expensive...lipstick stays put, is beautiful and worth the expense. Lasts a long time before need to repurchase

on 6/8/2009 1:57:00 PM

Beautiful lipstick. I wear this paired with NARS Penny Lane blush in the summer. They go together to well. I'm starting to be more and more impressed with Lancome. It's a brand I stopped buying a lot of years ago and will now be going back.

on 10/18/2008 11:36:00 PM

Last night, I was going through some of my old makeup, and I came across this lipstick, which I haven't worn for a couple years. I was reminded of how much I loved this lipstick by the fact that it's almost gone. The thing I immediately noticed about this l/s is that it makes my teeth look super white. I think it's because of the brownish tone. What's lovely about the color is it's not an "in your face" brown but rather a subtle brownish hue. The texture is creamy and moisturizing and it has good staying power. The smell, well...I can tolerate it, but I can see why some people would be bothered by it as it is perfumey. I received this as a GWP, and I will be repurchasing it as it is the prettiest brown-toned lipstick I have ever used. I'm hoping to find it at my local CCO (fingers crossed).

on 6/21/2008 1:22:00 AM

This is a warm shimmery pink brown l/s. I swapped for it based on the review I saw here hoping it would be a MLBB shade, and it is. (: I use it daily for work/school cause its natural looking and understated. I usually layer a pale pink gloss or a pink brown gloss over it. I'm quite loving this colour as it suits my NC42 tan skin well.

There's this thing about the smell though. It doesnt really bother me, however I'm not loving it. It smells like cosmetics, a little like how a creme blush or something would when it has gone bad. Only not quite to that extent. I think this is because the product is unscented. I much prefer scented products.

I would repurchase this again simply because I like the shade and its staying power. I apply it in the morning, and it stays. After I eat, most other l/s and l/g would disappear but about 50% of this stays, so even though it requires a touch up, my lips arent totally bare after a meal. This beats most other's I've tried, staying power wise. It isnt drying too. I usually wear l/s over a balm but I've tried this balmless too and while it doesnt moisturise much, it doesnt dry my lips out either.

I'd say try this if the colour suits you because this is a pretty good l/s. However if you are one of those adverse to scents, check it out at the store first because I can totally see how the scent will really put some people off. And I'm taking a lippie off for that. continued >>

on 5/8/2008 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got a little tube of Luxe as part of a GWP... I've worn it a few times, but it's not a shade I'm too fond of. I have fair skin and Luxe looks too bronzey with not enough pink, and too shimmery to the point of being almost frosty. It has an extremely strong perfumey scent.. not very pleasant in my opinion. Luxe gets two lippies from me for having a nice smooth texture and decent lasting power, but I would not buy a full size tube.

on 4/18/2008 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

My spring/summer go-to lipstick color. A pretty warm shimmery ginger. Looks beautiful when layered with Simmer Juicy Tube. Is a usual in GWPs. Very rich and long lasting. I'm a medium olive LOLA, light in the winter and tan in the summer.

on 9/12/2007 8:28:00 AM

Very pretty gingery color with a hint of shimmer. Love the feel and consistency. Don't know if it's worth the department store price but I'd get it again online at an auction or in a swap.

Popular Lipsticks