July 30, 2014 | 992 users online

Hair - Ion - Silk Drops

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Susie1431

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love this stuff. It makes my hair less frizzy and my hair doesn't get tangled at the end of the day. Also makes my ends feel less dried out. I put a dime size amount in my hand and rub my hands together to warm it up. Then I apply from the ends up to about my ears. I avoid applying too close to the scalp because frankly, the scalp doesn't need it and I don't want the top of my head to look like a grease-ball. Don't need too much cos otherwise hair looks greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very aptly named. Feels like silk on my hands and you only need a few drops.

The smell is nice, but I am thankful it's light and doesn't stay with you.

Not greasy or oily.
The name says it all ;p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried lots of shine serums from the most expensive to drug store brands and I always come back to Silk Drops. I have medium fine wavy hair that I usually blow dry straight. Other products tend to make my hair look greasy by the end of the day but this one makes my hair feel nice and soft without weighing my hair down at all. I also like that when I choose to wear my hair curly it doesn't make my hair look wet or crunchy looking even after I diffuse it like other products can. As all "cone" products do this stuff will build up after a while and I've found that taking a few days off periodically to wash the product build up out helps a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

Love this stuff -- works great at glossing the hair and taming frizzies, and it smells much better than the Chi stuff that I bought (which smelled industrial.) Plus I love the sample size bottle for travel - 99 cents!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by bbsxprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It works wonders but smells like an old curling iron with caked on hair spray. I still love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by christyd2

In a nutshell, if you love Farouk's Biosilk Silk Therapy, but hate the price tag, you'll love this stuff. IMO it smells really close to Biosilk and leaves my hair just as shiny and soft.

Just a heads up for anyone that hasn't used either product before, you'll want to use only a small amount (and preferably start with the tips of your hair first) otherwise it'll feel and look too greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff rocks! My fine bleached hair needs as much silicone as I can offer, and even if I use my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum before airdrying, I need another dose of a glossing serum to tame down frizziness. Enter Ion Silk Drops. I bought a 15mL/0.5 oz bottle at my local Sally's Beauty Supply to keep at my desk, and I apply two or three drops when my hair is fully dry. (I leave for work with damp hair, as I'm trying to minimize the damage to my poor shoulder-length hair after all the double-process bleaching.)

The scent is fabulous, not cloying or overpowering, and I love that the formula includes panthenol (vit. B5) and silk extract. Silk Drops never weighs my hair down, and my hair is extremely fine though damaged. My little bottle should last me for awhile, but I'll definitely repurchase when I use it up.

Ingredients:
cyclomethicone, dimethicone, panthenol, ethyl ester of hydrolyzed silk, ethylhexyl methoxcinnamate, fragrance, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, phenooxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by gotthatpma

Works great on any hair, made mine especially soft when my hair was very damaged from over-dying, smells nice, and feels great when used on skin too. When you use a little bit, it doesn't weigh your hair down, but don't accidentally use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by citylimits

I've gone through several bottles of this and I will continue to buy it. The smell is great. I only use one application when my hair is wet and it lasts through blow drying and ironing. It doesn't leave my hair greasy and it's not too heavy even though my hair is thick, dry and on the coarse side. It keeps frizz at bay and leaves my hair soft and shiny. I also use it on dry hair when I want to restyle with my blow dryer and iron and it does a great job. The price is very reasonable too. EDIT**I have stopped using this product because I don't like oily serums anymore. Plus, the formulation has changed, it smells different (not as good) and SD alcohol has been added.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ion Silk Drops is a "serum for normal or dry hair". I have fine, thick, straight hair that gets weighed down by many products. A small drop of Silk Drops detangles & conditions wet or dry hair without leaving it greasy. (I imagine if you use too much your hair will look flat & dirty!) I considered using a flat iron as my hair, especially the new hair growth, gets frizzy in humid weather. This product smooths hair & gives it incredible shine. Why damage your hair with a flat iron if this product will work for you! My hair has volume with this product. I consider this product a treatment & a styling product.