Laura Mercier Skin Cotton Squares

1.6

on 9/29/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These cotton squares are not worth the splurge at $9.00 for 100 count. Even though they never shed on my face like the other reviewers mentioned below, I just don't think they are all that great. They actually do absorb a lot of liquid which I believe wastes product since I have to squirt a few times onto the pad in order to get product onto my face.

I bought these a year ago, while purchasing the Perfecting Water/Purifying Oil line. I liked the concept that these are bleach free. The SA recommended cutting them in half since one pad is extremely large and are wasteful. I don't use these on a regular basis, I still have tons. I tend to just pump a few squirts in my hand and pat onto my skin. I don't know why other reviewers get so much lint on their face after using these. I did not experience this. I will not repurchase this product again since I have a plethora of these and can't imagine ever needing more my rare use of them.

on 5/5/2008 9:39:00 PM

Biggest waste of money, ever! The gals at my local LM counter usually give very reliable advice, but they totally let me down with suggesting this purchase. The other reviewers aren't kidding about the shedding. These squares pretty much leave half of themselves behind all over your face. The only way I can get it to work is by saturating it with 4+ pumps of perfecting water, and, even then, I have to work quickly, because even in their over-saturated state they'll shed cotton all over my face. Use anything less than 4 pumps and shedding will be pretty much guaranteed. Don't let them tell you that using this helps the product penetrate or that using these squares will help you save product. You'll end up using more perfecting water (than if you just used your hands to apply) and you'll be wasting time pulling cotton threads off of your face. This stuff is so bad with the shedding that I'm absolutely amazed that it passed quality control.

on 3/10/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

$9.00 is not bad. i think it comes with 100 pads. you can make them last longer by cutting them in half-they are REALLY big cotton squares, more like rectangles. they are unbleached and so some have little "seed" like things in them, but you cant feel it. unfortunately, these things shredded ALL over my face like crazy. i tried with 3 pumps-shred. i tried with two pumps-shred. my friend was trying to be nice and he bought me ANOTHER box which i am seriously contemplating giving to my mother-but then she'll wonder why im giving her such crappy cotton squares. I am going to try sephora and shiseido next...comes in a white box with a perforated lid. and when i mean they get all over your face, i mean it. these babies leave a whole sheet stuck to your face! will not repurchase.

on 7/8/2007 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These are the worst cotton squares ever. They are more fuzzy and shred worse than a cotton ball! Don't waste your $9. Use Sheseido, they are smaller, thus you get more, and they cost less and don't completely fall apart on your face.

Popular Face Skincare Products