September 3, 2014 | 1531 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Line Exact

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Jayblab

Okay, so there isn't a whole lot that I can say about this product other than it really sucks. It seems like its a good concept, except that its not. This is a big fail. I was able to apply this eyeliner one time half-way properly, by the second time I tried to apply it it was like see-through water. And no, it wasn't left open, left upside down, and it was thoroughly shaken. By the third "application" it was for all intents and purposes, DRY.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was horrible. Not only was the pigmintation weak and watery looking, it literally ran out by the end of the week. If I'm paying $7 for a liquid eyeliner I should not have to google ways on how to make it work again. Terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Leftcoaster8

So I'm the lazy type, I do not wear makeup that often, since mornings are just one sleepy blur. Today I wanted to do just a small cateye and turned to this trusty tool. I put it on at 8 and now it's 5:30 and has not budged at all.

Let me tell you ladies me and eyeliner do not get along. I wear contacts and have allergies so my eyes water up at random moments in the day. I have dry skin, but somehow that does not prevent the oil glands in my eyes from giving me a nice healthy shine without product.

I've tried the creme/gel eyeliner(loreal hip liner, wnw gel liner, elf creme liner, clinique pot eyeliner), pencil liner(physicians forumula, milani liquifeye, maybelline master drama), felt tip type liners(Elf, jordana) that all claim to last forever. . My hands are shaky so although tightlining works with pencil and creme, I often get the creme eyeliner everywhere with the brush. I can't draw a straight line with a pencil.

Also since other liners are creamy(I mean that is a selling point for so many), they meld with the oils in my skin and leave me looking like a miserable panda.

My aunt seeing me as such one day suggested this liner.

Yes it is thin,
Yes it takes a while to dry
Yes it will probably dry out if you store it upright like a pencil,

So just beware of these things.If they pose a problem then this product is not for you.

If you have shaky hands or are a beginner than this is for you. The liner is short and stubby so you can tightline without it getting on your lashes. It's like liquid liner in a felt tip marker type package(perfect!)

If you store it flat(say at the bottom of your purse) it will stay wet for months.

If you are looking for the perfect cross between a felt tip and liquid liner, that stays all day. Or if you have tried all else and are about to give up on that small cateye, check this product out at the rite aid or cvs(somewhere where you can return it) and you just might find your HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by LilyLil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I threw this away the same day I bought it. Weak, fade-y pigment. I tried storing it pen-down for a few hours to see if the ink would go down into the pen. Nope. I was dragging a dry marker across my lid, no ink coming off at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by thefaces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this on sale for $7, and even though I was looking for liquid eyeliner, I decided to try this instead.

This review is being written after my 1st application, so I'll update this as I use it more.

First impressions: the packaging is quite good, it's a short stubby pen so that you can angle it quite easily to create a thin line. You also shake it beforehand, like a real marker pen.

I've used a lot of felt tip liners before, and this is the one most similar to liquid eyeliner I've found. The consistency is rather thin, so I don't recommend it to eyeliner beginners - there are easier to use felt tip liners out there. It comes out a lot like liquid liner, and you can trace over to build up your desired line.

Another similarity to liquid liner: it took a while to dry. Unfortunately it also transferred to my bottom eyelid very quickly, so keep a cotton bud or tip handy for repairs.

I've had it on for about 8 hours and the staying power is very good. I've used pencil liner for years but have decided to try other products as it was a bother to keep sharpening, and you can't really get a thin, precise line with an over-sharpened, small eye pencil.

For a first use I think it's pretty good. It has staying power, which I've yet to find in other felt tip pen liners I've used before it. It's not perfect hours later, but retains a general shape and has a cool, lived-in look (but not too smudgy or messy). Do keep a mirror to handy to make sure it doesn't migrate to your lower lids.

Further uses will tell me if it the pen can keep writing a straight line without skipping - an essential quality for felt tip liners. So far I'm going to keep using and see how it goes, but I've ordered L'Oreal's Super Liner after reading the rave reviews & think it might supersede this.

I do recommend it for people looking for a cheap felt tip pen that has the consistency of liquid liner. It's quite a small pen so it won't last long, and you can keep replacing it or look elsewhere.

I've used a number of felt tip pen liners and this one is good, but that's my initial impression.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Where's the color? I opened a fresh package and shook it well, put it up to my eye..nothing. I tried it on the back of my hand and a faint color came out. Shook it, Shook it good!
I pressed down on the tip and some color came out spilled out and I dipped it in the color and tried to apply it. Fuhgetaboudit!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kgbxx

DO NOT BUY THIS EYELINER! Worst I have ever brought. Couldn't even get enough out for the first application. So awful!! Disappointed. What a waste of money :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bionicblonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm amazed at all the good and bad reviews on this one. It's amazing! I'm a product junkie and have tried everything out there, and yet this one is my go-to fav when I want a clean, crisp eyeliner, that looks like it was done with precision by a professional (this isn't the product of choice for the smokey eye though as the felt tip applicator is too precise). This dries clean and STAYS put......even if I skip primer, eyeshadow, and prep work. After one late night, that I was too lazy to deal with proper cleansing once home, I awoke to find I still had a great eyeliner line- which could be a bonus, given the occasion!. I have had issues with it drying out, but if I'm careful to tighten the cap, that doesn't happen often. The whole tube itself does not last long. There are not as many applications as you think there should be, but with such great results, and it's low price point, that's nothing to complain about.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my fourth Cover Girl line exact, which was recommended to me by my mom who has had a countless number of these liners. They're not super expensive and can be purchased almost anywhere (ex. Ulta, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart). The color doesn't dry super shiny like other liquid liners which gives a more natural look. The consistency isn't too thin that it smears and runs and it isn't too thick that it's difficult to apply. If you don't like the harsh line created by most eyeliners, you can use a Q-tip and smudge your liner slightly before it drys. The applicator is soft and spongy, but still firm enough to make a straight thin line. In the past, I've had problems with eyeliners that irritate my eye, but this product works perfectly and stays on ALL DAY. I don't know why other people have had problems with this product. I love this eye liner SOO much; I use it almost everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by anelcz3

The only thing decent about this product is the packaging. It's compact design is perfect for just slipping into your pocket while you are on the go! But it all ends THERE! First off, opening this thing was very tricky! It took forever to figure out how to open it! Then when I finally opened it up and applied the liner to my upper lashine, the pen just squirted ink. Definitely not the continuous flow I was expecting! The ink is what really made me disappointed. With it's cheap pigmentation and fine, watery consistency, I just tossed it in the trash! When I tried to make the liner work and developing a technique, I felt like I was doing my eyemakeup with a faded out crayola marker, no lie! I bought this liquid liner thinking that since Covergirl has high quality mascaras, their liner shouldn't be so bad either. Well, I was wrong! Good thing it was only
less than 5 dollars, or else it would have been a scam!