November 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Concealers - Lily Lolo - Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ikeameatballsandmooses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, first things first: this aint a bad product, it just takes forever to work with. Im the kind of person who wants to, in a quick haste, just dab and swirl the makeup on without too much effort.

When i first tried it out I thought it was good and made my face pretty flawless, I just didn't think of that it took me over five minutes to get it done! I have to put layer after layer... *sigh*

It is also super important to moisturize well, otherwise it will look cakey, but i do find that it looks smooth and natural if you do.

My biggest problem is that I get those reverse panda-eyes, (maybe I chose the wrong shade) you know when the concealer is very obvious in that area. It just doesn't blend well into my skin under the eye.

But as I said: this aint bad, you can still work with it. It covers redness very well and has awesome staying-power. And it's all natural. Woop woop!

Oh, and one more thing: don't buy lily lolos concealer brush, it sucks. I recommend a buffing concealer brush!

UPDATE: I may have exaggerated when I said it covers redness very well because no, it covers redness PRETTY well. It's a bit hard to cover blemishes and red nosewings I have noticed.

Haha, I feel like this wasn't a very well-written review but oh well, may have been a little helpful, maybe :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by prettycunning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Blondie. It works okay for my under eye circles - and is great as it doesn't get caught in the little lines while providing pretty much full coverage there, but the texture is very chalky and it is useless when it comes to blemish cover-up. Seriously - my 1.99 concealer stick from the chemist does a better job!
I would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
- Provides full coverage, while not looking cakey.
- Doesn't break me out or iritate my senstive skin.
- When set with a finishing powder it doesn't move all day.
- Blondie matches my skin perfectly.
- When blended properly it's practically undetectable on the skin.

CONS:
- Can look cakey if you apply too much or don't blend it (I use a MAC 224 and swirl the brush over the spot but without picking the bristles up off the skin, so the bristles are always in contact with the same area and are kind of pressing the powder into the skin rather than swishing it over).
- It's a powder so not really great for people with dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by rokokko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

(I have it in Blondie)
I find it too chalky. It doesen't dissappear into the skin, like I would like it too, maybe it would be better if you mix it with some moisturizer. But with Everyday Minerals multi-tasking concealer I don't need that. It seems already when you dip the brush into this, that the particles of mineral are quite big, and thats why its staying on top of the skin like a mask (on me at least). But every skin is different, and I guess it depends what you want/need of coverage also. I want the to cover some areas like my chin, my nose and a bit of the forehead. If I wanted just to cover two or three zits this may have worked better, I dont know...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by hayleythomson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Blondie, and think it's brilliant. Superb coverage for me. Also, the powder is much easier to use than a liquid concealer, as with liquids I often find I am wiping it off as I try to put more on. I also find liquid doesn't 'adhere' to fresh spots, if you know what I mean, so I end up with a very pale ring of obvoius concealer and then a glowing bright red spot in the middle. I don't have any of those problems with this, as you can buff on as much as you like, and it just sticks! I do use a Lily Lolo concealer brush with it, I don't know if that makes any difference (i once forgot the brush and tried to put it on with a cotton-tip, it didn't work at all).

I also have the undereye concealer in Peep-O (see different review). I find that that is chalky and doesn't stick well - unless I put eye cream on about 5 mins before application. Then it goes on perfectly, and stays all day. I also found it a bit too yellow, but added in some foundation from a sample pot I didn't need, and it's perfect now. Really fabulous range I would highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by teacakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the Blondie concealer to match my foundation shade. I have found that it can be a little chalky when used on its own, but i tend to mix a little bit in with my foundation and buff on to areas where I need a little more coverage, such as my cheeks.
Reasonably priced and lasts for ages; I'm still on my first pot 8/9 months later. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Nikola

I bought this product (in Blondie) five months ago and it has only just ran out! For the price, I was amazed at how long it lasted with everyday use. The shade was quite chalky even on my pale skin, so it couldn't be applied in rush, unless I wanted weird white patches under my eyes, but it could easily be mixed with another shade to achieve a good match. I wouldn't purchase this again though, as i'm searching for my HG concealer and this couldn't give me enough coverage under my eyes without creating white patches. I do love Lily Lolo as a brand nevertheless, and would recommend it to anyone - particularly as they do really helpful (and dirt cheap) samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by MollyMolly11

I have 4 of this, i love them. Covers great and they are very good for sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by clare1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives a good coverage, when applied to my under eye shadows, although it did look cakey. Same thing when I used it to banish the shadows in the line from the side of my mouth to the side of my nose. Seems to slip off too easily when applied to spots and is fiddly to use. My normal Touche Magique concealer and/or face powder does a much better job. I won't be buying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by marime81

Not a lot of shades to choose from...I used to think the yellow concealer was good, until I've tried others waaay better than this (like Meow in frisky angora)...this looks a scary bright yellow in the pan and, even though I can use it in warmer months when my skin is a little tanned, it does not have enough staying power and adherence...not bad, definitely to be improved..work on it Lily Lolo!