November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Accessories - SPANX

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I have the high waisted style shown on the photo with the open crotch. They are made from heavy duty opaque tights (hosiery) fabric. In theory, it's a great idea to have the open crotch, but I just find them too unhygienic when having to use the loo. Also, the fabric bobbled far too quickly. Having said that, they are extremely effective in flattening my wobbly tummy area so I would definitely buy more in another style.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Spanx front-closure "Bralelujah" bra.

I was sick and tired of having that "back fat" look due to my bra squeezing in the wrong places. I am a thin girl and a 34A, but it was still annoying me. When I saw this Spanx bra that promised to eliminate this bumpy look, I was super excited.

The first few times I wore the bra I was in love. My back looked completely smooth... Not even the slightest bump, even under sheer tops. I also thought the bra was comfortable and easy to move around in.

After just three uses I started to notice that he bra was getting looser and looser, and so were the straps. The bra started to ride up, and the straps were falling down. I was surprised because I had anticipated this issue and even went with a 32 instead of a 34, but the extra snugness didn't help.

By the fifth wearing I was so frustrated with this bra providing minimal support and sliding around from looseness. I decided to return it immediately. Ridiculous because these bras cost about 60-70 dollars a piece.

The bands for these bras are really inconsistent. Some of the 34s feel even tighter than the 32s... And you could try on the exact same bra in the same size and it might feel different. Not cool.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

BEWARE IF YOU ARE SHOPPING IN CANADA or other countries for that matter outside USA.
If you like the product, fine,.
If you don't, here's the trick, you do not send it back directly to Spanx, instead you are instructed to send it back to the Purolator in your area.
I bought 2 items in April 2013 and as of today, I still did not get the refund of the one item I returned. When emailed them, Spanx was quick to respond, asking for the tracking number, and then the customer number and item number etc. In short, I felt like they want to wear you. I did a lot of shopping since April, now it is the middle of June. How many people keep receipts 2.5 months ago?
I have done many many shopping over the internet and return some of them, this is the first time I experience something this ridiculous. You are better off keeping the item you want to return, at least will save you the postage charge.
I will never shop from Spanx.com anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ksgregory

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

save your money! I was very excited to try this product, there has been a lot of hype about it. when it finally arrived the first thing I noticed was a huge hole in it along the seam, soon to get bigger as the thread was coming out. when I emailed the company the only thing I could do was send it back with a tracking order and then fax that in to get a full refund once there received it. I don't have the time to spend fooling around with returns like this. I was not impressed to receive a broken produce and no compensation.
the product itself is only ok. I did not think it did a great job flattening my tummy, infact I felt like it gave me a bit of a pot belly.it did nothing for my butt! My cheaper version works soooo much better.
I would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Eden247

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Spanx are just way too uncomfortable. I far prefer a product called Tummybands that is just a simple band that flattens your tummy and feels nice on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH man, I was psyched for these to arrive. . .and totally underwhelmed when they did. I'm petite, but I also have total pear shape & saddlebags, which I really hoped these would help with when I put on a sheath dress for a charity event on Monday. I bought the in-line power panties and they do a good (not great) job on the stomach. But the thighs don't look any better than with control-top pantyhose. Really disappointed, considering the price and all the ridiculous hype for Spanx. I could've bought at TJ Maxx for less than half the price, or got those "Assets" at Target. Really bummed. (Which reminds me, I didn't get that lift in the butt some people mentioned. And oh, I wanted it!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I ordered this product and I am very disappointed in it. My size was the lower end of size D. I had to pay the extra shipping charge as I needed it in time for a wedding. Well let me tell you this product wouldn't go up past my knees. I am VERY unhappy with this company as I think their products are not true to size at all. As I stated, I am at the low end of my size range and shouldn't have to go up to the next size, and who knows if the next size would even fit. I ordered this product straight from Spanx but they have no place to review their products on the site (now I see why) so I came on here as I have reviewed products on this site before. I will not be ordering anything from Spanx again as I am quite unhappy with their product and do NOT recommend them at all. Save your money ladies as they are not cheap at all! the only positive I can say about them is that their customer service dept was very nice when I called to return the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the high-waisted mid-thigh shaper in Natural.

After reading numerous promising reviews on Spanx products I decided to get a pair for myself, especially since my stomach hasn't been looking so great in the last few months - they have been particularly useful post-Christmas when I'm starting to regret all the extra festive food I ate. I'm happy with the rest of my body, it's just my jiggly stomach that lets me down when trying to fit into certain clothes, specifically fitted tops and high-waisted bottoms.

As a size UK 12-14 and around 6' tall I purchased a size C from Ebay for just 15 as it was unworn without packaging - this particular style costs 55 from retailers. Upon receiving my first pair of Spanx I was surprised at how tiny they were and wondered how on earth I'd ever fit into them, but it's very possible as they're so stretchy. I had to stretch them a lot to get them on and the fabric didn't snag on my nails like tights often do. It's important to make sure they're pulled as far up as possible and that both the legs and waist lie flat to your body before putting your clothes over the top - if a stray edge catches on your clothing the edges will start rolling as many people have mentioned. However the rolling has happened a couple of times since I've had them and they only need to be pulled all the way up around the waist to prevent this from happening repeatedly.

They are undetectable under clothes and really do make my stomach look flatter, keeping the bulges in and stopping them from wobbling unattractively. I can't afford to buy new clothes in bigger sizes and I'm currently wearing my favourite high-waisted shorts with thick knitted tights and the Spanx underneath - my stomach looks much more even and shaped better. I've also noticed that thanks to the longer shape extending to mid-thigh my thighs don't splay out as much when I sit down.

I wouldn't recommend wearing them more than 7-8 hours a day, 5 days a week - your stomach needs a break! Although I often forget I'm wearing them because they are quite comfortable, if you're wearing them for an entire day (especially if you're mostly seated) they can become annoying and make you long for getting home and putting on some comfy PJ pants. I've heard that some people have experienced stomach pain wearing these - if you're wearing the correct size for your weight and height and they are still unbearably painful then something is wrong and you should take them off straight away and consult a doctor.

These are the first shapewear pants I've tried and I have to say I'm pleased with them. I'd like to try others in the future to see if I can find even better ones for a cheaper price - I wouldn't pay 55 for them and was lucky to find them cheaper on Ebay. On the other hand, they helped me fit back into clothes I wouldn't've otherwise been able to wear so it could be said they've paid for themselves. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by jnm555

spanx - 'skinny britches sheer shapers' mid-thigh shapers

really tired of wasting my money on these expensive undies ... while i was initially happy with the light, sheer material and the relatively low waist i just want to let you all know that they roll at both the waist and the thigh

i'm not sure who they're designed for?? ... i'm a size 8/10 in most pants and in pretty good shape and i'm buying a size large ... how much smaller do i have to be before these types of products don't roll everywhere??

NOT worth $55 Cdn

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by gilead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEWARE IF YOU HAVE A HIATAL HERNIA. I bought my first Spanx (high waisted panty) this summer and loved the slimming effect but, just as importantly, it helped reduce my
back pain. I bought a couple of more pairs . I never thought about what effect it might have on my hiatal hernia ( a hole in the diaphragm where the stomach can some times slip through and become trapped in the esophagus) I have been having fairly serious problems with this. My doctor said that any such compression undergarments (not only Spanx) can really create problems with those who have this condition, in certain situations. Its just a matter of physics.