April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Oil Control Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by BunnyByTheSea

Aloha, So I live in Hawaii and have combination skin. because of the heat and humidity here my face gets shiny SUPER-UBER fast. I used to use a moisturizer and then an oil control lotion and then foundation and I would always notice that my face would get shiny almost right away, I wouldn't even make it out of my door. And my makeup would slip right off, I would get so upset. I would have that greasy look, the hair that got into my face would get greasy, every time I got off of the phone, my screen would have that grease spot on it. eeeeeeew! So i went to the MAC counter and decided to talk to representative. The lady suggested I buy this lotion. It was pricey. But I thought whatever hopefully it works and if not I'll return it. I tried it and it works. I have no shine! yay! I am so happy. I put it on and it feels so smooth. Then I apply my foundation. So I put my makeup on around 8 am sometimes earlier and it stays on without touchups (!) until about 6 pm-ish. I then do a touch up with just powder, bronzer and blush before dinner. But seriously this really worked for me. I do not have any shine coming through. I have been using this for about 10 days now everyday. It doesn't break me out. The smell is horrible, but it goes away pretty fast. I do recommend this, I use this with the mac prolong wear foundation so it really last!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

After using this for awhile I came back to changee my review. This moisturizer does control oil--somewhat. But my skin has become irritated and stings whenever I apply it. I wouldn't really recommend this at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I returned this back to Nordstrom. Didn't control oil. What's worse, it made me break out terribly!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin (DUH) and I absolutely love this product! It does not keep my skin matte all day but it definitely controls my oils. Instead of looking oily and gross I have a natural dewy glow after a few hours. I like how it's lightweight and hydrating is unlike some creams for oily skin that leaves my skin tight and dry. I buy the travel size for a better value (50 ml for 38$ or two minis that are 30 ml for 12$..hmm)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by illbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited about this oil control lotion from Mac because I love Mac but was very disappointed after spending the money on this small bottle that didn't seem to do what it stated. I wore it under my make up and my make up seemed to slip and side. My face was still oily. And when worn without makeup my skin felt dry. The old packaging with the pump is awesome!

Cons
Very expensive
Didn't control my oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by tricestar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ran into the Mac Store JUST for foundation and while checking out I notice a little mini tube of this Mac oil control lotion. I thought $10 bucks...what the heck..I will try it. I'm glad I did. I've been looking for a primer, something...anything to help with this oily skin of mine. I'll put my foundation on and boom 3 hours later..I'm super oily and shiny.
A little goes a long way. The tube says "lotion" but its has a watery texture. Not the consistency of a lotion. The lotion has a chemically order but once it dries it disappears.
I apply almost how you would do a primer on my oilest parts (cheeks, nose, and forehead). Let dry. I then apply my foundation (studio fix fluid). It seems to really mattify my skin. Then apply Mac minerelize skinfinish to set, spray Mac Fix plus. POW!! flawless skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't own this product. It was applied to my face during a professional makeup application by a MAC makeup artist. This review is based on that experience ONLY.

I have combination-to-oily skin. I DO clean my face thoroughly before putting on foundation and make sure NOT to moisturize my t-zone. I also use an oil-controlling foundation (MAC's studio fix fluid). Still, I look like a grease ball after 1-2 hours.

That day, the makeup artist didn't clean my face or anything. He just put on a very generous amount of this lotion, really, a lot. He used a brush. The lotion sinks in quickly. Then he applied MAC's full coverage foundation (which I also don't own but is said to be a greasy one).
Ladies, I was nice and matte all night, even with all the dancing and sweating! No greasy look even in the pictures taken with a flash!

This stuff does work. I would go and buy seven bottles of it if it wasn't so damn expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$32.00 for 1.7 oz or $10.00 for 1 oz? Well! Other than this bizarre pricing, I am surely astounded how much I like this as I never even considered MAC for skincare and never would have if not recommended by an in-store artist. It feels very smooth and works under sunblock or alone very well. Causes no breakouts and gives just enough moisture to my very oily skin. Great find.
Seriously though - the pricing? Why would anyone buy the 1.7 oz bottle?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW13 naturally, N20-25 from a bottle : ) Gray eyes. Color season is True Summer.

I have mixed feelings about this lotion. I like how it feels when I first apply it in the morning. I have pretty regulated skin in the AM, and while it is combination, it doesn't usually get oily until later in the day and only in the T zone. I put this on, and it sinks right in. I feel like I almost need a double portion to massage in to make sure my cheeks, the drier areas on my face, are thoroughly moisturized before I put foundation on. I purchased this about a year ago when my skin was oilier and even putting moisturizer on was outside of my skin care routine. So i always reached for the most mattefying products. Now, this doesn't work for me to feel adequately moisturized when I first put it on, and then I feel like it does not keep my later-day combination oilies in my t-zone controlled. I still get oily, and sometimes I think it's faster than normal. So I am not sure what skin type would like this lotion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

I have combination/oily skin and this product did not work for me.

PROS:
- Lovely smell
- Light texture, easy to blend
- Not too rich

CONS:
- Not the most moisturising product I've ever used, but most importantly:
- It does nothing to control my oiliness or the shine. Nothing.

VERDICT:
As a light moisturiser I'm sure this would please many people. But it doesn't do what it claims to do, so I won't repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No