October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Did I get a bad bottle? Because this stuff was gross. It didn't sink in for me and felt really weird, unlike any other lotion or hand cream I've used. After a few minutes of rubbing I gave up and washed my hands. Even after washing off the residue my hands weren't any more softer. The smell was kinda off too. It smelled nice for about a second then really heavy and fake. Oddest hand cream ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by skpepin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I needed a small tube of lotion for my desk, this was like $2 in the old navy check out line. I like-don't-love the formula and dislike the smell. I'll keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this hand cream. It does have a strong scent, and while I like the fragrance, it is a bit strong. That being said, It makes my hands super smooth without being greasy. It feels strange going on, kind of wet and slimy. As you rub it in, the warmth melts it into your skin. I have have very sensitive skin, and I am rough on my hands. This feels great. After I rub it in, I don't find it to be greasy at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Oh my . . does this stuff stink. I bought this when I ran out of my normal hand cream (L'Occitane) and my husband started complaining instantly, before I could even finish rubbing it in. The scent is so rancid, cloying and annoying, like powdery sweet fake honey smell and would not fade. And I normally like honey scents. . . It reminds me of expired face powders my grandmother would use. Also it feels like a layer of smelly expired wax on my hands. It does not sink in, does not even moisturise at all. I had to wash this off after 20 minutes because in addition to the smell, it just made my hands sticky and feel gross. The second time I used it before some outdoor activities - it just made my hands feel even drier.

If it at least left my hands soft, it might be ok but this does nothing but stink up my home to high heaven. I truly cannot find even one good thing to say about this product. I don't normally return things but this was just too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by pinksparklemw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This hand cream was pretty good. The consistency was a little odd. It was definitely different from other hand creams I've used, but not objectionable in any way. It absorbed into my skin fairly quickly and left them very soft for quite a while. My only complaint is the scent. I don't like the scent, so I will not be buying this hand cream again. If It weren't for the scent, I would give this hand cream 4 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by hazelbd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it, I first tried it walking around in Rite Aid and I kept touching my hand because it made it soo soft! I love the scent, it's going to be my new staple for hand creme!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by chiara11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great non-greasy handcream which absorbs quickly. Very nice scent, even if some other reviews claimed it was sticky/waxy - to me it is perfect at all points! The only downside is the price...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I don't mind this hand cream, but that's really not a ringing endorsement for repurchase. . . .

I got this because I wanted something to fight dry, chapped winter hands and cuticle - and although this does a good job moisturizing, it is sticky and takes a looooooong time to absorb. I use it some at night, but it's not heavy enough to really make a dent in dry winter hands, at least for me - and for day it's too greasy.

I like the scent, and it does do a good job of keeping my nails moisturized, but I don't think I'll repurchase. :( Usually I love BB stuff, this one was not so great.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by miraclebra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't stay emulsified, so oil spurts out when I try to use it. I thought perhaps I simply bought a tube that had been on the shelf too long, but others have had the same complaint. It stays tacky forever and does not sink into the skin. I personally like the cloying scent of honey, but it is a tad overwhelming. This will be returned to Rite Aid ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I do like some products from Burt's Bees, this isn't one of them. It has an odd consistency and feels sticky even when applying. It also doesn't really sink into the skin but stays on the surface, where it remains unpleasantly tacky even hours later. I realize honey is inherently sticky, but since this was a lotion I was not expecting the gummy texture. The scent is very strong, cloying and overly sweet, with a touch of rancid oil (which I assume must be the "therapeutic" grapeseed). I had such high hopes for this, but was excruciatingly disappointed. I'm torn between my desire to immediately throw it in the trash and my probably somewhat naive wish to one day actually find a way to use it. I think Burt's Bees started out as a small company that made great quality items, but since the brand is now ubiquitously displayed in every drugstore in the nation, they expanded the number of products too quickly to ensure that each one was really great. I much prefer the honey-based products made by The Naked Bee. They may have a smaller selection of items, but each one is fabulous, and their Orange Blossom Honey lotion is truly spectacular.