August 1, 2014 | 1796 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Moist LipWear - Mocha

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by troo12

There is no doubt that this lipstick is brown. I was hoping it would be more sheer than it actually is....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I have been using this lipstick for a couple of years. I love the color, and it is very moisturizing. I love that I can go dark with it, where it's mostly brown with hints of red, and i also love that you can dab a light layer of it on and the pink of your lips will mix with the red undertones to make a very smokey dark red brown. Brown reds are the only reds I can do on my lips and this is perfect in terms of color. Wish it had better staying power but I wish that with all moisturizing lippies. For a 99 cent lipstick you really can't get much better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*sigh* ....This is a really nice brand of lipstick to be honest, even with the cheap price, it's good quality. It is very creamy and moisturizing but for me and my skin tone, this did nothing. I think it was too light for me, it completely washed me out. I even used a dark brown lipliner and it still blended in too well with my regular lips and skin tone. I am not in to the nude thing as what seems to be the tre-nd now, so this was a little disappointing and I ended up giving it away. I wish New York Color made darker colors because I generally wear browns, deep browns that is, but this was a little too frosty nude for my liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! It glides on smooth and has a nice smell to it. It also moisturizes my lips just as well as my Lip medex. Will buy over and over! I have noticed that I have to apply it a bit more frequently than others, but at the dirt cheap price of $.99, I don't mind!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by xomacgirl401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is actually my favorite drug store lipstick!! It was only $ .97 at Target, and I liked the color. It *is* moisturizing and I don't find it to be too greasy, it feels more like chapstick which is refreshing to me and my dry lips. It's a nice brown color, with a little hint of golden shimmer in it (if you add a little shimmery clear lip gloss it amplifies the glimmer in it which compliments the brown nicely). The scent didn't really bother me and I didn't find it overwhelming. I didn't actually notice the scent until I read the last review. It does smell, but I didn't notice it till I literally opened the cap and sniffed it. When it's on my lips I never noticed the scent.

Either way, I love how it looks and I love the smooth creamy texture on my lips. I would recommend this to anybody who's looking for a cheap price for some pretty decent quality lipstick with good texture and good moisture. Definitely going to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by HauntedMoonlight

I bought this for $0.99 at the drugstore. It's a dark nude/taupe color. The texture was moisturizing, but kind of greasy. The staying power is not very good. I had to reapply several times a day, but that's typical with moist lipsticks. The problem with this lipstick is the smell. It has a very strong rotten fruit type of smell. I use a lot of scented lipsticks and usually the scents don't bother me, but this one was so gross that I almost threw up. It tastes horrible too. The color was pretty, but I just couldn't stand that smell anymore. I threw my tube away. I don't know if mine was just old or if all NYC lipsticks smell that bad, but I won't buy any more of their lipsticks. Too bad because some of the colors look cute.