Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash with NutriumMoisture, Unscented

3.8

Water, Petrolatum, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Trideceth-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-90M, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Isopentane, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Even harsher than their bar soap is Dove Body Wash. Leaves residue on skin that is severely itchy and irritating. Also guaranteed to cause vaginal yeast infection. One of the very harshest products on store shelves. Which is where it should stay instead of ending up in your shopping cart.

I"m really happy with this product so far. I have been using it for about a month . I will say its NOT fragrance free. But, surprisingly it works very well with my sensitive skin. I've used both cetaphil & Aveeno an they both made my skin itchy and dry. I also love the price its very affordable . Its also very creamy i personally don"t mind the smell but others may find it a bit strong. I also love the fact every time i use it i feel very clean. Another advantage i found since using this product is that my back acne has almost all completely gone away. I do think its from using this product. Nothing had worked before i even used a more expensive product the first aid beauty body wash an it only seemed to worsen my acne on my back. So i"m very happy i found something that works. I will also say the price is wonderful a 22 Fl oz for $5.49 at Target you can"t beat that. Give it a try :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really not sure if I would repurchase, but I went ahead and said yes. This is definitely not unscented, but I checked before I purchased so it wasn't a shock. Still pretty crappy of Dove to make such a blatant lie like that. Nevertheless, I had been using Dial Gold bar soap and Panoxyl 10% BP bar soap in hopes of clearing some pretty painful back acne that had been torturing me since about March without any luck. I picked this up because I was getting tired of dealing with bar soap that wasn't doing anything for me anyway and, oddly enough, all of the active acne on my back and chest has cleared up in the past week that I've been using it. Not sure how that's even possible, but I certainly won't be questioning it. It also leaves my skin feeling soft rather than itchy and dry. I may try an Aveeno body wash after I finish this, but I am really thrilled to finally be rid of the horrible body breakouts I'd been dealing with. Now I just have to wait for the massive amounts of scarring to fade.

I love this in the bar soap version (Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap). So when I saw a body wash version, I had to try it, I bought two bottles of it! Then I threw two bottles out.

First, this is not unscented. There is actually quite a strong scent to it. Second, it leaves a horrible film on you (like it is hard to rinse off). This lack of rinse off led to irritation. And third, it did not even leave my skin feeling moisturized or nice afterwards.

If you truly appreciate the Dove Sensitive Skin Bars for what they are, DO NOT TRY THIS BODY WASH, just stick with the bar version. Not only will this wash disappoint you but as someone who has a whole family with uber sensitive skin, this is not your friend.

Dove, I am a big fan, but you really disappointed me on this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a free sample at my local derm's office.
Fragrance Free? Phooey - it is NOT Unscented at all. It contains fragrance!
Thankfully, I do not have any severe sensitivities or I bet this would not work.

Meanwhile it's just OK as a body wash but there is no way I feel a pressing need to BUY a bottle.

Sorry, Dove.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have really sensitive skin and was hoping this product would
After a shower my legs usually itch. I have found the only product that doesn't make me want to scratch my legs: aveeno fragrance free body wash.

this just wasn't good at all.
I enjoy how it's a thick cream and it felt really moisturizing in the shower, but that's where the good things ended.
I have to disagree with their advertisement: it did feel like it left a film on my body afterwards!! even thought this claims to be unscented, it smells like crappy bar soap! the smell was still on my skin for the whole day and made me so irritated. I promise I got the unscented sensitive skin version and it smelled awful.

aveeno's fragrance free body wash is definitely truly for for sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used the Dove Sensitive Soap for years while showering so when I saw this I had to try it....Big Mistake! When i opened the bottle a horrific smell came out and it went downhill from there for me and my skin.....
After using just a few times the Smell is too strong for me and with my asthma and allergies it didnt do well at all.... I had bought a two pack.. had to give to my sisiter and i have found something so much better!
Love the new Nivea Product... It suits my skin alot better and the smell is better as well with no lingering at all..... Sorry Dove this is a complete miss on this one....

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for about a week and I really like it. I used the Dove Beauty Bar for years but decided I wanted to try out a body wash.

I don't like that this has fragrance. I think it's really misleading of Dove to label it as "unscented" because a lot of people don't know the difference (or that there even is one) between that and "fragrance-free" so they'll probably pick up this bottle thinking they're buying a fragrance-free product. That said, the addition of fragrance is listed very low in the ingredients list so it's at least not a strong fragrance. I personally like the smell of the product, it's just a really fresh and clean smell. I have sensitive skin so I do try to avoid any product with fragrance in it but this one doesn't bother me yet.

The body wash leaves my skin feeling very soft and slightly moisturized. It's also soap-free and hypoallergenic which I like. I wouldn't call it my HG yet but I do really like it. I bought a 2-pack of this from Walmart for about $6. I'll be sure to do an update within a few months if my opinion of this product changes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin, subject to frequent rashes, and my skin is so dry that it looks like a snow storm when I undress. I was diagnosed with parapsoriasis in the mid 1990s.
Seeking relief, I recently purchased Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash. Before using it as a full body wash, I tested it by using it to wash my hands. My hands immediately broke out in a bright red, painful rash. I applied Benadryl and Vaseline Intensive Care with no success. I called Dove. I was advised to rinse my hands for 20 minutes. This provided little relief. My hands were covered with bright red splotches and small bumps, essentially a first-degree burn! After 3 days they began to fade. I am returning one bottle to Dove (I bought a twin pack) and intend to have the other bottle tested for toxicity. I have never had such a dramatic allergic reaction to any other product in my 66 years! I was horrified! Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did I get a tainted bottle? Go hypothesize!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SHOWER IS ACTUALLY HEAVEN. Feels like putting pure silk all over your skin. Smell is fresh, product is thick and cooling, results are amazing: smell lasts from shower use to next shower use. It makes you smell like a bucket of clean!