Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash with NutriumMoisture, Unscented

3.9

Water, Petrolatum, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Trideceth-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-90M, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Isopentane, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 5/17/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have really sensitive skin.
After a shower my legs usually itch. I have found the only product that doesn't make me want to scratch my legs: aveeno fragrance free body wash.

I tried this instead of my aveeno wash, thinking it'd be okay bc it's moisturizing and is for sensitive skin. It just wasn't as good. I still gave it 4 stars because it's a good product, just not truly for my sensitive skin.
I enjoy how it's a thick cream, it felt really moisturizing in the shower, and didn't leave a bad buildup feel afterwards.
I am using this up, it is a decent body wash and good to use to shave my legs, just not the best.

However, the aveeno product is much better. It's a clear cream/ thin gel. Has no fragrance, and leaves behind zero buildup feel

on 4/18/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used the Dove Sensitive Soap for years while showering so when I saw this I had to try it....Big Mistake! When i opened the bottle a horrific smell came out and it went downhill from there for me and my skin.....
After using just a few times the Smell is too strong for me and with my asthma and allergies it didnt do well at all.... I had bought a two pack.. had to give to my sisiter and i have found something so much better!
Love the new Nivea Product... It suits my skin alot better and the smell is better as well with no lingering at all..... Sorry Dove this is a complete miss on this one....

on 3/27/2015 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for about a week and I really like it. I used the Dove Beauty Bar for years but decided I wanted to try out a body wash.

I don't like that this has fragrance. I think it's really misleading of Dove to label it as "unscented" because a lot of people don't know the difference (or that there even is one) between that and "fragrance-free" so they'll probably pick up this bottle thinking they're buying a fragrance-free product. That said, the addition of fragrance is listed very low in the ingredients list so it's at least not a strong fragrance. I personally like the smell of the product, it's just a really fresh and clean smell. I have sensitive skin so I do try to avoid any product with fragrance in it but this one doesn't bother me yet.

The body wash leaves my skin feeling very soft and slightly moisturized. It's also soap-free and hypoallergenic which I like. I wouldn't call it my HG yet but I do really like it. I bought a 2-pack of this from Walmart for about $6. I'll be sure to do an update within a few months if my opinion of this product changes.

on 2/28/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin, subject to frequent rashes, and my skin is so dry that it looks like a snow storm when I undress. I was diagnosed with parapsoriasis in the mid 1990s.
Seeking relief, I recently purchased Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash. Before using it as a full body wash, I tested it by using it to wash my hands. My hands immediately broke out in a bright red, painful rash. I applied Benadryl and Vaseline Intensive Care with no success. I called Dove. I was advised to rinse my hands for 20 minutes. This provided little relief. My hands were covered with bright red splotches and small bumps, essentially a first-degree burn! After 3 days they began to fade. I am returning one bottle to Dove (I bought a twin pack) and intend to have the other bottle tested for toxicity. I have never had such a dramatic allergic reaction to any other product in my 66 years! I was horrified! Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did I get a tainted bottle? Go hypothesize!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SHOWER IS ACTUALLY HEAVEN. Feels like putting pure silk all over your skin. Smell is fresh, product is thick and cooling, results are amazing: smell lasts from shower use to next shower use. It makes you smell like a bucket of clean!

on 1/22/2015 1:58:00 PM

This has a light scent that does not linger. Both my DH and I use this body wash with good results. It is a gentle, but effective cleanser that rinses clean and does not dry out the skin. Would definitely repurchase this.

on 12/5/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

UPDATE 12/27/14 I've had good results using this as a shampoo

First of all, if you have really, truly sensitive skin and know that certain ingredients hurt your skin much more than other people's skin, then this is not for you.

It may say "unscented", but it does contain some fragrance. This is not as gentle as water.

However, it produces a nice lather and doesn't leave a film or residue. It cleans the skin really well, even tenascious body makeup.

Personally, it didn't irritate my skin(and my skin isn't sensitive anyway), but I was hesitant to use it for shaving or for my sensitive areas, even though I'm rinsing it off. The scent is mild and pleasantly fresh, maybe kind of like baby powder. It's a luxurious feeling. I smell clean with a touch of something mildy sweet when I come out of my shower. I may purchase more, but for now, I'll look for truly fragrance free body washes.

Also, I have body acne and I don't want to risk this inflaming my skin and exacerbating my problem.

My daughter has suffered from eczema for her whole life (10 years). Her skin was constantly red, itchy, scaly to the point that she wouldn't wear any clothing that showed her arms or legs because kids asked what was wrong with her skin. I assume she's allergic to something (lanolin? fragrance?) in the other soaps, lotions, and ointments, and we tried them ALL (Olay, Ivory, Eucerin, Aquaphor, Aveeno, Rx with steroids...) This helped us and was cheap, might be worth a try if you have similar issues.

on 11/8/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the newly formulated Dove body wash for sensitive skin. I like it very much. It's non scented, and lathers luxuriously. It leaves my skin smooth and soft. What I like most about it is that it rinses clean. Some body washes leave a soapy residue that I don't care for at all. It takes forever to rinse out the pouf I use. With Dove, it takes no time at all.

on 12/29/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I been using this product for a very long time and this is far the best body wash every because it dont have any fragance which mean it dont irritate your skin or your private part. It also lather well but dont expect something suddy.When rinse of your skin it leave it soft and moistruized.Its also gender friendly and age friendly because a woman can use it or a man and it can be used on young children like 3.