August 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Leave In Protectant

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tritrib21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I bleach my hair regularly and use heat based stylers. This stuff seems to work when my hair is wet. However, once everything is styled and slept in, my hair feels "crispy" the next day. I don't use any hair sprays, I only add oil to keep my ends protected and not tangled. However, as soon as I try to run a brush through my hair at the end of the day, my ends start breaking off! I thought this was because I fried my hair, so I stopped dying and stopped using any heat on my hair. THIS CONTINUED TO HAPPEN UNTILL I DISCONTINUED USING THIS PRODUCT. Once I stopped, I went back to doing everything I did before, without using the leave in "protectant" spray. I believe this stuff works for extremely frizzy hair types that want straight hair. But using curling tools with this stuff makes the ends of my hair stiff and crunchy. I believe this has to do with the chemical lattice that is surrounding the cuticle, rather than keeping the hair shaft flexible, it strengthens it by crystalizing around it. So when someone trys to curl the hair or brush through it, it breaks off.
So after rationalizing this with my scientific mumbo jumbo, I decided it is crap for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by JCK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 2 months, I haven't noticed a difference at all in the quality of my hair. I like the foam, but I'm not a fan of the scent and it does make my hair feel a bit straw like. Would not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Mayscild

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

K-Pak Reconstruct impresses me more than any hair care product has in 10 years. Make that 15. It controls frizz (!) and leaves hair smooth, shiny and healthy looking. My hair is very fine, thick and unbelievably frizz-prone. Almost nothing helps except Infusium leave-in products and occasionally - if it's not too humid - Sebastian's Potion 9. And now this. I will certainly be buying again.

Edit: I'm downgrading this product one lippie after further experience with it. It is still very good, but I discovered some of the initial "Wow!" effect came from a cuticle sealing treatment my stylist did. By itself, the K-Pak Reconstruct leave-in (comes out in foam, this isn't the liquid) isn't quite as wonderful. Still a little frizz . . .

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by staceys90

i've been using this product for about a month now and havent noticed much of a difference. i use the rusk deepshine oil with it and paul mitchell's strength shampoo and conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this last year when my hair was very damaged from colouring. I was using several K-pak products and they did improve my hair a lot so I thought I'd try this as a heat-protectant. However, this may have been my least favourite from the K-pak line. What I do like is that of course it does help strengthen hair, and it does give heat protection without greasy or siliconey residue. It also gives my fine hair a little added hold. For me this doesn't help to detangle at all, it actually makes my hair harder to comb through, so I need to comb before I apply it. I also dislike the liquid foam. I can't spray foam into my hair, and when I spray into my hands it melts before I get it on my hair. I'd much prefer an regular spray or a foam that wouldn't slop all over the place. These things combined made this one of my less-used leave-ins, even though it has many good points. It's also good value, it seems to last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by makmipurfekt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to get my hair in better shape as I dye it every 3 weeks (it grows 1inch in that time) so it is a little damaged, but using this in conjunction with the shampoo, conditioner and end repair I have seen some promising results, when I don't use this I do notice my hair is better behaved because of the shampoo and conditioner, but adding this into my routine keeps it in check all day, nice and healthy looking, also I find a little product goes a long way, which is good because it wasn't cheap

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Doesn't impress me. Detangles yes, but doesn't really smooth my dry hair so doesn't do enoough for me. And little doesn't go a long way with this product, not at least if you have long and dry hair like me. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Monique372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product...very easy to use and scientifically superior... I can see and feel a difference with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

helps my dry hair from being too tangled and feels less dry, i use it with frizz ease or bio silk

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Thaija

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product for free from my boyfriend's sister, who has thick Caucasian hair. I guess it didn't work very well for her.
ABOUT MY HAIR: I'm half AA and Asian so my hair is long (to the middle of my back), VERY thick, and course. I relax my hair myself and have a bunch of split ends and damage from blow drying and flat ironing.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT: I have been using this stuff for about a month and I noticed that everytime I put the stuff on then comb my hair, a little bit of hair falls out. It's not a big deal to me since I have so much of it. It makes my hair shiny and a little easier to detangle (which is something since my hair is so hard to comb thorough no matter what). As for my split-ends: I believe that the hair that has been coming out, is actually my damaged ends. It's just small bits of hair. I don't know if that's good or not. The product smells good to me and isn't over powering like other leave-ins I've used.

The only concern I have is that it's expensive and that I don't know how the hell am I suppose to get the stuff totally down into my THICK hair without using so much. Oh and my hair isn't any softer, so it still feels like cotton through out and wool at the ends, lol! I wouldn't buy it if your hair is anything like mine or even damaged. Just take it to a good salon if you're gonna spend the money and ask what they use and how.