Clarins Truly Matte Foundation

3.7

titanium dioxide 10% water cyclopentasiloxane cyclomethicone methyl methacrylate crosspolymer butylene glycol isododeane sodium chloride cetyl dimethicone polyglyceryl-3 aluminum hydroxide stearic acid caprylyl glycol silica dimethyl silylate frangrance disteardimonium edta triethoxycaprylylsilane silica lamium album flower extract sorbic acid alcohol chestnut bark extract lapsana communis extract camellia extract potassium sorbate

on 6/30/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Very nice, natural looking creamy foundation, spreads well, has an SPF of 15. It is fairly matte but not dead flat looking. Gives moderate coverage and lasts well. I have medium color skin with yellow undertones, and 9.5 golden being matches very well.

on 6/23/2014 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was not really sure what to expect from this foundation. It says it is light reflecting, but it is also supposed to be a matte finish. I found that when applying this does have a matte finish and it does indeed seem to give me a little light, refreshing look. I did like the look I got when wearing this foundation. This foundation shade is dark for being as fair as I would think it would so I do think the shades need some work. I found because of the shade being a little dark that I could not wear this when I was as pale. The coverage of this was medium on my acne skin so a concealer is still needed. I am not a big fan of the bottle. I found it hard to get all of the foundation out because it is a squeeze bottle. The scent of this is pleasant and non-irritating. Altogether this was a pretty good foundation. It would not be my first choice, but I would use it again.

on 8/9/2013 1:37:00 AM

I only recently got this product (as part of a sell out) and I was pleasantly surprised. Most "matte" foundations I find go on very heavy. This is not the case here. It is very light and has surprising coverage. (AND I must say - I am a HUGE fan on coverage!) I got the light colour and it matched great. I am quite impressed with Clarins foundation and this one seems to stay on nicely. Shame it was discontinued.

on 3/15/2013 6:19:00 AM

I'm really bummed they discontinued this, it's the best foundation I've ever used. It makes my skin look absolutely perfect, without any need for powder or touch ups during the day, and it doesn't break me out or set into dry patches. The lightest shade is absolutely perfect for my pale skin, and if I fall asleep with it on it even looks great the day after.

on 1/21/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am very picky when it comes to foundations, since I have acne-prone skin and am really careful with what I put on my face. I've tried lots of lots of high brand foundations and must say that this must be the one that I've been satisfied with overall...until lately. I have now been using it for a year, almost since I started using make-up. It held my face matte, blended out easily with my skin and really made me look great, but since I started on an acne treatment, I have noticed that the foundation reaaally dries out my skin. My skin is totally fine until I put the foundation on and then it just looks like a mask. It really made me sad, because this was a foundation I really loved. The coverage wasn't bad either, but it's unfortunately not buildable at all! Overall, I think this is a great foundation for those who have oily skin.

on 11/28/2012 8:02:00 AM

really nice foundation and i would defiantly recommend it!!
gives a really nice matte finsh while providing medium coverage. a bit pricey but a good quality foundation with a wide range of shades!!

on 7/14/2012 11:32:00 AM

This foundation have a very strange formula. When I apply it on the bare skin it's hard to blend it evenly since colour "sticks" to the skin and I don't need that much coverage. When I using moisturizer under it stays on the top and smudges on my clothes, mobile phone, etc. My face looks oily in it and foundation disappears after couple of hours. At least it didn't block my pores.

on 12/20/2011 9:41:00 AM

I bought the shade #02 pale ivory (the lightest shade) and it's almoust lighter than my skin colour when is at its pailest point.

Pros:
-SPF15
-Very easy to spread and blend
-Available in a light shade and without a yellow undertone.

Cons:
-If you try to build up the coverage a tiny tiny bit it will cake. A lot.
-Staying power: Nonexistent. At least not with my oily/combo skin.
-Packaging: not practical, not cute.

I will never repurchase this foundation again. I swear!

Price: about 25€ for 30 ml

on 12/18/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use to use Multi Matte foundation until it got discontinued and was replaced by Truley Matte. It was the best foundation I have ever used and am still yet to find one that matches up to my expections. I have sensitive and very oily skin but dry in some areas. I started using Truly Matte and for the first year everything seems to be going well. However, I think Clarins may of added a new ingredient or something as I kept breaking out and it smeared off my face after a few hours!!! I don't see why they had to change things when it wasnt broken in the first place. Anyway rant over :-D

on 11/23/2011 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i love thisfoundation very much! its my new favorite and i cant leave the house without having the bottle in my purse.

I am NC20, quite pale with yellow undertones and i use shade number 5, "shell" and it blends amazingly good on my skin.

My skin is normal to combination and i have noticed that it does mattify AND lasts for quite a while, unlike other products.

5 stars from me and will definitely buy again