April 17, 2014 | 1874 users online

Liquid - Clarins - Truly Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by mon2288

I only recently got this product (as part of a sell out) and I was pleasantly surprised. Most "matte" foundations I find go on very heavy. This is not the case here. It is very light and has surprising coverage. (AND I must say - I am a HUGE fan on coverage!) I got the light colour and it matched great. I am quite impressed with Clarins foundation and this one seems to stay on nicely. Shame it was discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Ullo

I'm really bummed they discontinued this, it's the best foundation I've ever used. It makes my skin look absolutely perfect, without any need for powder or touch ups during the day, and it doesn't break me out or set into dry patches. The lightest shade is absolutely perfect for my pale skin, and if I fall asleep with it on it even looks great the day after.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by hodabarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am very picky when it comes to foundations, since I have acne-prone skin and am really careful with what I put on my face. I've tried lots of lots of high brand foundations and must say that this must be the one that I've been satisfied with overall...until lately. I have now been using it for a year, almost since I started using make-up. It held my face matte, blended out easily with my skin and really made me look great, but since I started on an acne treatment, I have noticed that the foundation reaaally dries out my skin. My skin is totally fine until I put the foundation on and then it just looks like a mask. It really made me sad, because this was a foundation I really loved. The coverage wasn't bad either, but it's unfortunately not buildable at all! Overall, I think this is a great foundation for those who have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by jennybabex

really nice foundation and i would defiantly recommend it!!
gives a really nice matte finsh while providing medium coverage. a bit pricey but a good quality foundation with a wide range of shades!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation have a very strange formula. When I apply it on the bare skin it's hard to blend it evenly since colour "sticks" to the skin and I don't need that much coverage. When I using moisturizer under it stays on the top and smudges on my clothes, mobile phone, etc. My face looks oily in it and foundation disappears after couple of hours. At least it didn't block my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Kurtina88

I bought the shade #02 pale ivory (the lightest shade) and it's almoust lighter than my skin colour when is at its pailest point.

Pros:
-SPF15
-Very easy to spread and blend
-Available in a light shade and without a yellow undertone.

Cons:
-If you try to build up the coverage a tiny tiny bit it will cake. A lot.
-Staying power: Nonexistent. At least not with my oily/combo skin.
-Packaging: not practical, not cute.

I will never repurchase this foundation again. I swear!

Price: about 25 for 30 ml

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by RosieChandler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to use Multi Matte foundation until it got discontinued and was replaced by Truley Matte. It was the best foundation I have ever used and am still yet to find one that matches up to my expections. I have sensitive and very oily skin but dry in some areas. I started using Truly Matte and for the first year everything seems to be going well. However, I think Clarins may of added a new ingredient or something as I kept breaking out and it smeared off my face after a few hours!!! I don't see why they had to change things when it wasnt broken in the first place. Anyway rant over :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love thisfoundation very much! its my new favorite and i cant leave the house without having the bottle in my purse.

I am NC20, quite pale with yellow undertones and i use shade number 5, "shell" and it blends amazingly good on my skin.

My skin is normal to combination and i have noticed that it does mattify AND lasts for quite a while, unlike other products.

5 stars from me and will definitely buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by mmmaggie

Pros: The colour actually was an exact match to my skin. The packaging felt cheep but I liked the dimensions and how compact it was.

Cons: I don't feel like this foundation is buildable. It starts out sheer but cake like at the same time. It didn't really seem to ever meld with my skin and when/if it did the foundation became translucent.
The smell is terrible. It reminds me of an old age home, a weird blend of floral and yetch.

I would never buy this again. The price is quite high and I feel like this performs and is packaged at a low-end, drugstore level.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Rayna007

This foundation is amazing for combo-oily skin. Finish is matte without looking dead, coverage is great without feeling heavy. The price is pretty comparable to most other dept store foundations.

I absolutely hate that they package it in such a cheap looking plastic bottle, considering none of their other liquids come this way. It makes it very easy to squeeze out too much, especially when the bottle is new and full.

The shade range is average, but be sure to go to a counter to get a mtach as the website is a terrible indication of colour.