September 16, 2014 | 1795 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Buttered Tan

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is HG for me. It cost me 13$ + shipping, and it is amazing. very naturel, great coverage, not to "powdery". It says it's a base but it's a full-on powder foundation....You don't need much else once you use that. I have a medium complexion with gold undertones and it blends completly. I love it. I'm gonna order eyeshadows and concealers right away....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This is PERFECT for my NC 30 skin (Im NC 25 in the winter and I'm not very tanned at all right now, but I think this would be a touch too dark if I was completely untanned). I also like medium beige neutral, but this is a little better...I am pretty neutral but do have more golden/olive undertones. I think I've officially decided that semi matte is my favorite finish, but o-glow is nice as a very subtle highlighter on those days where you dont want to look like youre wearing a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I had this product in intense formula for almost 2 years. Its not always suitable for me. However, in the middle of summer when my skin turns tanner NC 40, and all other fdns looks either too white, too beigy or chalky, I always reached for this & it never ceased to disappoint me. Above all, it stays on regardless of perspiration since my T-zone sweats in warm weather.
The colour matches perfectly, & the intense formula covers imperfections, although sometimes I dipped my brush in some colourless loose powder first before picking up Buttered Tan b/c of the sunscreen I have underneath.
After raving about this particular product, I will never use it in any time of the year other than from the middle of summer to early fall. Once my skin lightens up, this looks muddy on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dunno if Butter Tan is the best shade for me that EDM has to offer, but I'm satisfy with it. I got the samplers and once I was finished I went and bought the full size. Medium Beige also worked well on me, so sometimes I mix the two together. I didn't buy medium beige is full size. But Butter Tan works fine me of alone. I'm using the original glow formula, the coverage isn't the greatest, but I love the glow part of it. I makes me look natural, which is the look I want. I'm so glad I don't have to touch liquid foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by jessyabigail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyday Minerals is the BEST mineral makeup that I have ever tried. It is also one of the least expensive. I have tried many other brands of mineral makeup but in the end, I always ended up breaking out. This has never happened with EDM. Also, this is the easiest mineral makeup to apply and it has never made my skin look or feel "cakey." I use the foundation and a sheer face color called "pick me up pink" that just gives my skin a very natural glow. Another thing that's nice is when ever you place an order, you can pick 5 samples to try- more than once I have ended up getting a full size of a sample I had gotten. Anyway- I just really love all the products I have tried in the Everyday Mineral Makeup line and would highly recommend them to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by deborahmh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love EVERYTHING in everyday minerals(EM). I started using them when I started using mineral powders from other companies. What made me switch to everyday mineral is that I had allergies to what the other companies added to their products which essentially made my face feel like itchy wool was up against it. EM took that stuff out and my skin is like wow! It covers w/o making you look like your skin is heavily made up. It use to be a steal but now their prices have gone up a little. I would buy this product anyways no matter how much they go up. It's that good!!!!

Update-7/24/12

Still loving this product. So happy I found them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by dremay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After consulting with adornedwithgrace on this shade, I tried it. I'm filipino/nc35 studio fix for reference. LOVES. I mix about half original glo with half intensive and it gives me a perfect glow with awesome coverage. I use the flat top to apply this. I also like to use the rice powder in soft bronze and natural reflections in golden tan, which goes nicely with Buttered Tan. I would also recommend getting the big size container for easy mixing! I did venture out to Studio Fix in NC35 but I keep coming back to EDM Buttered Tan because it feels lighter and I have to admit it's better than Studio Fix. I still love MAC for e/s and blushes though!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lemonady

OMG.
i am seriously in love with this product.
first off, my father is hispanic and i definately have his yellow undertones

before coming across EDM i had the hardest time finding reasonably priced products that fit my skintone perfectly. well i had ordered many sample kits from edm and first came across winged butter.
that matched me perfectly back in spring. now that its summer im slightly darker and buttered tan works wonders on my face.

i have both the loose powder version and the pressed. I have to say, the pressed is great on the go but the loose is what gives me a great finish

i will definately continue to buy this product. i cant see myself NOT using it. unless my skintone randomly changed to pink undertones, this powder is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

Well ladies, I finally found it. I finally found the HG foundation for my Asian skin.

After trying out the sample, I took a step further and bought a bigger jar of the intensive buttered tan. The first mineral foundation I've ever used was BE light. Looked nice at first, but it shined me up in a matter of minutes.

I apply this with my Ecotools kabuki brush and it goes on nicely, a little goes a long way. I have a few acne marks hear and there, but there was no need to use any concealer for it. I did get a little shiny as I walked around, but that was about a few hours later. Pallido oil absorbing rice sheets fixed that up in no time. No irritation either.

My mother commented on how my acne marks had suddenly disappeared and my co-workers complimented on how nice my skin looked. EM is now my number one source for foundation. It be nice if they had a better packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NC25/C3, EDM Winged Butter/Butter Tan
I think people posted review of this color separately because its unique in a way. If you are Asian, can't really find a color match of EDM foundation, do try this color for it is sort of between color for all shades.
I use both Winged Butter and Butten Tan color.
Winged Butter is more yellower, which is very important to me for I have red post acne scars, and SoCal hot weather makes my face reddish when its hot.
Butter Tan is more toned down shade than Winged Butter, not really a shade darker, but I would say tone darker for I can use both shades without being wrong obvious shade. I like Butter Tan for days I want to glam up with shimmers on my eyes/cheeks or when I attend some sort of formal meeting, or I have been out in the sun for few days and such. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No