December 20, 2014 | 875 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Soft Kohl - Denim Blue

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Weak payoff, even when warmed. No payoff on waterline. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

This is one of the worst eyeliner pencils Ive used. I like the color, but it is hard to get enough color on and applies kinda uneven. After like 2 hours the color has faded or settled into lines and just looks blah or like you never even applied liner. Its pretty much useless. Save your money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eye pencil was a disappointment. Now I realize why it was on sale at Shopper's DM! Although, the regular price of $7.99 is way too high for a product of such low quality. It is more comparable to a low end brand like Wet and Wild or Bonne Bell than Rimmel. The pencil is quite hard (so much for its claims of "soft kohl." I have used real Indian soft kohl and Rimmel's version doesn't even come close!! but what is really disappointing is how un-pigmented the colour is. The blue is not very dark and it does not last very long. A tiny splash of water makes it disappear. It shouldn't be so difficult in this day and age to come up with better quality makeup, especially with all the competition out there. Sorry Rimmel, your eye makeup products suck and I will be giving my business to the other drugstore brands from now on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by bloodyroses

I wish I could give this product a zero. It's not soft at all--nothing like the black or the brown pencil, which I have tried. It gives pigment when you draw really hard on your hand, but NO colour results when you try to put it on your waterline, where the product was meant to be applied. Now, I have to go and return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by fgsfdsgirl

I really like this eyeliner, it goes on softly and easily and shows up well, a nice dark blue. It can smudge a little bit if you touch it, but I find that when I make a mistake trying to apply it in a hurry, it's not totally unforgiving when you try to erase the line. I find a q-tip works just fine. Good for blending and making a smoky eye or adding some shadow around the lash line, and for if you make a mistake. The color is dark blue and not too bright for my tastes, and shows up well on my fair skin. Would buy this again, definitely.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ekb81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Rimmel's Kohl Liners but for some reason this color just does not show up on my eyes! I have olive skin and brown eyes, and blues are supposed to bring out brown eyes... but this doesn't show up. What a shame.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by cullenette

The name of this liner is very misleading. This is one of the hardest eye pencils that I own. It really hurts to apply and does not last very long. I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by pen22

Overall, I really do love this eyeliner. It's cheap, long-lasting, and really brings out my eyes. The color may not be completely original, but I find that it really is a true dark blue. That is, it doesn't look black. Yes, it does fade as the day continues, but I almost like it that way. I will continue to buy Rimmel eyeliners; some of the best on the market!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by picky2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I really didn't like the texture. It was messy to put on...all over the place, and the color was just alright. A big miss for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by vandael

I have a deep love for blue liners and shadows. Basically, if it's blue, I'll buy it with no reservations. While I'm not a huge fan of this liner in Jet Black, I've been working Denim Blue into my routine more and more often lately. It really makes my dark brown eyes pop. Its staying power and smudge-free abilities are severely lacking, but I love the color too much to give it up. Usually, I'll line it on my lash line and smudge it out with a brush on the lower lid. Then I take it to my waterline and smudge again. Afterwards, I follow it all up with super thin line of Blacktrack Fluidline. So as a functional eyeliner, it's minimal at best... but stick to it if you love the color as much as I do.