December 20, 2014 | 905 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - Lancome UV EXPERT 20 with Mexoryl SX

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by moppie2005

I waited for a Lancome GWP to try this product and was greatly disappointed.

I had a lot of luck with the La Roche Posay Anthelios SX SPF 15 with Moisturizer and adore it. I heard this product is also very similiar, but with titatinum dioxide added to make it SPF 20.

Unfortunately, they couldn't be more different. The texture of the UV Expert is much thicker, almost like sour cream. It does not spread nor blend easily on the face and in addition does not having moisturizing properties in it at all. I could see flakiness on my face forming upon application. It forms a film on your face that feels like it can rub off if you use your fingers. All day, I just wanted to wash my face and start all over, but I didn't have face moisturizer at work.

I am disappointed that I will have to return this. I will stick with the LRP SPF 15 as my daily s/s .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by janksalot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion is thick and you have to be careful to blend it out or put lotion on your face to make sure that there are no white streaks. The reason I like this is because I have used this and the La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream with Mexoryl SX, and the lancome did not make my face look so greasy. The anthelios left my face looking more oily and I hate that. This works and since I tend to a lot more outdoor activities in the summer, I will buy this for that purpose. In the meantime, during the winter I try to use lighter sun block moisturizers. The other down side to this is that it is too expensive, but mine lasted a good 1.5 years.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by just55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was actually really excited to try this sunscreen. It is very thick but that wasn't a problem, just use very little. Unfortunatley it caused breakouts. What else is new? It has no fragrance or oil, but it not very advanced. Meaning that there are many other sunscreens that offer better protection in a more lightweight form. This is very thick and is intended for use on the face AND the body which was a turn off for me. I want a sunscreen specifically for my face. SPF 20 is not that much either. On the other hand you do get a lot for the money. 3.3 ounces for like $38 dolalrs i think, somewhere around there. I might have not returned it if it didnt give me breakouts. it did give me a nice glow and did moisturize me well, but I couldn't stick with it so I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find it hard to explain this sunscreen. On one hand i know it probably isn't the best facial suncreen out there and i would much prefer it in a 30+ formula (so far i've only been able to find the spf 20 variety on e-bay as i'm in Australia). On the other hand, i also find this really agrees with my skin like no other sunscreen! Just to make this review even more confusing, i'm not going to lie; this product will feel slightly greasy after you've applied it, this is not a cosmetically sophisticated product. In contrast, i bought this after using a huge tube of Ultraceuticals sunscreen moisturiser that feels awesome and non greasy like a lot of expensive micronised zinc products, thinking that it was pretty good (it is adored by folks in Oz, and i thought i did too). But oh my god, i was so wrong! I seriously thought that the bad skin i've been suffering when using the Ultraceuticals product was just my bad eating and late nights and a bad skin cycle, albeit one that lasted for 6 months! However since switching to UV Expert my skin has felt really really soft and my skin isn't "playing up" like it has been, no deep cystic like pimples that i got every now and then and my skin feels even, hydrated and soft. I really am at a lost to explain why something that doesn't feel great on application seems to make my skin better! Back to the texture, you're probably wondering why i put up with the grease? Two reasons; i use a small amount of bronzing powder everyday which which seems to cancel out any shine, plus it is winter here. Without these two factors i guess i can't guarantee you'll love it. However, if you're looking for a product with Mexoryl (apparantly one of the few photo-stable UVA filters in sunscreen which is what attracted me to it in the first place) i urge you to give this a go, but be a bit patient with it. When you come up with a way to wear it that works for you you might come to appreciate it the way i have!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to try a sunscreen with Mexoryl and was having a hard time finding a particular one by La-Roche Posay, so I tried this instead. It says it's for all skin types, but this was no good for my oily skin. My face got pretty greasy soon after I put it on (without moisturizer underneath), even with my usual foundation and powder. Normally I don't have to blot till about 5-6 hours after I apply my makeup in the morning, but with this I was totally shiny within an hour or two. I guess I'll use this solely on my neck/hands/any other exposed part of my body, but the search for a Mexoryl sunscreen for oily skin continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by cathped

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This sunscreen is hopeless to use over a moisturizer. It makes my skin whiteish, look lik a geisha or a goth wannabe...not so nice. It is also very sticky and oily, I almost cant wait to cleanse it off after the day. But I think it is a good and serious sunscreen compared to other brands. Anyhow, I look forward until it is used up. I'll go for Avene or La Roche Posay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually got this for free when department stores were giving out almost full sized samples like 2-3months back.
This is so light weight and nice! It does not make my skin greasy! Even though I am a religious sunblock wearer (on face), most of the time, 1tube lasts me a year! Hopefully this will last me a year too! I think it's ridiculous that this is $35!! After all, it's sunblock. I dont know if I'll buy this again. Maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by brittneydaylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I got two of them when that whole cosmetic settlement thing was taking place. I use this every morning as my moisturizer and have not had any problems with breakouts or extremely oily looking skin so far, so I will continue to use. It does leave a white cast, so I would recommend it to people with fair skin (like myself, I have VERY fair skin). Overall, I love this product. BTW, it is more than a cream than a lotion, so if you use too much it is kind of difficult to rub in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

I really love this product, it's not even that expensive! You get 3.8 oz for 35$ US while with some other ss you get some rediculous amount of 1.7 oz or less...The cream it-self is not greasy at all , after reading the revies here -i was expecting the worst kind of grease face..LOL but it's really nice even over moisturizer! I live in super humid FL with oily skin and i think this lasts longer and has a matte finish superior to MAC's prep+prime spf 50...which is one of my faves ( but i can't war it for more than two days without getting a few clogged pores). Compared to Clinique SCB spf 40-it's much lighter and it doesn't make me look pink! This really seems to absorb while CSCB just sits on my skin...and then gets rubbed of once i sweat...I' not sure why people have problems with the whitish casts since most of the ladies wear powder/foundation on top of this anyway. For my PPP skin it's really not an issue, but i do prefer to use some loose powder and blush/bronzer anyway...In Paula's review. she complains about this not having any anti-oxidants and good stuff- but IMO it's better to have an SS without any extras then wearing none..especially here in the US where good ss that are photostable and have a high PPD are hard to find!
UPDATE: still loving it , but shiseido's spf 55 lotion/ creme is a strong competition!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I love this as a daily facial sunblock. I use this as my morning moisturizer - before applying makeup. I have dry skin...so perhaps this is why my review is a positive one. I don't feel any greasy after-feel. Highly recommended!