September 30, 2014 | 1597 users online

Body Scrubs - Boots - Mediterranean Almond Pistachio and Olive Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not a bad body scrub. I felt like it did it's job without being harsh. It was just the right roughness. This is a cream based scrub though, which I'm not that big a fan of. I also had an issue with the scent. I really couldn't tell if that's the way it was supposed to be, or if mine was old and a bit off.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

Like the other reviewer said, this isn't BAD but it isn't amazing either.

to me, the grains are too small and I don't feel like I'm exfoliating so much as scratching my skin.

The smell is amazing however and I do feel soft and moisturized after I use it even if I don't feel completely exfoliated.

The price is pretty fabulous and I can see younger people using this as a starter to decide what consistency and grain size they like. The creaminess and the packaging make it easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by HeatherSung

I love the smell and the exfoliating grains. It is creamy and not messy to use. I use this once a week after my swim. A little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad body scrub, but there are many better ones out there. This is a cream-based scrub, so if you don't like oil-based ones, this might be for you. However, it doesn't exfoliate very well, so you'd have to use this every day for it to be effective.

I received a 50ml tube as an extra and Boots isn't available in Australia AFAIK, so I can't comment on the price.

My tube doesn't have a complete ingredient list but it does mention olive stone granules, organic sweet almond oil and pistachio nut oil.

I've finished this up, but I wouldn't seek it out again. I had to use quite a bit per shower and I'm too lazy to use a body scrub every day, plus I prefer sugar for effective exfoliation, though this was gentler than I expected it to be. I also prefer my scrubs to be more moisturising than this one because I have dry skin.

Unless you specifically want a gentle, non-oily, cream-based body scrub for daily use, skip this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by divalane25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my eye on this srub (and others from this brand) for a few months now and finally picked it up recently. I love it for nice gentle everyday exfoliation. I prefer a powder srub to the typical seed/sugar ones because they're better at preventing over-exfoliation which can lead to dry scaley skin that looks like it needs what? More exfoliation!! This doesn't do that at all plus it smells heavenly.

Gave it only 4stars instead of 5 overall because it's not totally all natural but making your own product aside, this is a great scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by drenchedinwine

First off, I don't really feel the need to use a body scrub because my skin is decent. But I got this & use it every day because I LOVE THE SMELL!! The scrub has this rich thick creamy consistency with the little scrubbing particles in it, and reminds me of a milkshake or smoothie or ice cream or something yummy. It has this heavenly natural almond creamy amazing scent. And it leaves my skin really baby soft and smooth. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Jazaminax

I have been looking for a good body scrub and I just purchased this at Target for $9.99 (the larger tub, or original size I should say) after reading overall good reviews on Boots brand body skin care.

It smells DELICIOUS. I chose the Almond, Pistachio, Olive scrub as opposed to the others because I absolutely love the smell of fresh, clean almond. It smells and appears very organic and natural, which is another plus I prefer.

I used it once in the shower and it is absolutely the best. I have used body scrubs in the past that were too creamy and didn't seem that effective when it came to exfoliating- but this stuff is the perfect consistency. It is just rough enough (apparently it is ground up almonds and walnut shells) and the perfect texture. It's like a fancy little spa scrub you can use all on your own in your shower that actually works. It also helps soften the skin because of the olive oil, and feels great all around. All of that and it washes off the sides of your tub easily.

All in all I think it is a great product. It is all natural, smells delicious, and exfoliates well. I definitely plan on buying Boots body scrub again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My local CVS had holiday sets of Boots body products on clearance after the holidays and it included a travel-size jar of this scrub. I have always walked right by the Boots section but no longer! This scrub is fantastic -- it is light and whipped in texture, making it a pleasure to apply. It is a light brown color and smells like almonds (a nice natural almond scent, not fake or overly strong). The scrub factor is great for my sensitive, dry skin -- it is an effective exfoliant but not harsh or scratchy. I swear the creamy formula seems to add some moisture while it is on my skin. I used this before shaving my legs and they turned out super-smooth and free of irritation. I will most definitely be purchasing a full-sized tub of this when I finish my little one. And I think I will be checking out more Boots products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this body scrub. Smell heavenly. Great exfoliation. Not too rough for my sensitive skin. Rinses clean and washes off the shower easily. A keeper! Purchased at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

I'm kinda suprised no one has reviewed this yet, but I guess it's due to the fact that Boots just arrived in local Target stores. I bought this in a set with a body butter and body wash and am glad I did. I had been eyeing it for the last few trips to Target and finally gave in this afternoon. This scrub smells yummy, but isn't overpowering, and left my skin suuuper smooth. I scrubbed it all over, dry, before I got into the shower (I've heard that makes it more effective, it seemed to work well.) It didn't drip or fall on the floor and was easily rubbed in, and wasn't painful at all. It rinsed cleany and my skin was left slick. The water in my tub/shower turned a icky light brown; I'm hoping that was the residue from the scrub and not my dirt! :) The only cons are that it is a huge tub and tubs are always troublesome; it would have been a bit easier to have a in a big tube instead. But no matter, go out and try this scrub, you will be in for a treat.