November 26, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Dove - Body Silk

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Briyonah

I would definitely recommend this product especially to those who prefer a thick cream that is not super greasy. It's like water for your skin! I love the consistency of the cream and I like that it is very nourishing and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and moisturized after it has set in. The scent is not overpowering so that's another plus... It's a very pleasant scent too. Definitely a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Pukyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am using Dove Body Silk Original cream. It is sold in jar and I don't like this type of package. It's bulky and unhygienic.

Despite of my hatred of jars, I still will be buying this product.

Why?

- The texture. This cream is very pleasant to use, because it is based on silicone cyclomethicone. It has no glycerine, unlike most of creams and isn't sticky. I really dislike sticky creams (90 % of all creams I used were sticky, it's just gross!).

- Makes skin very smooth and soft, really silky.

- Smells heavently. A light floral signature Dove scent. I think it's worth to buy this cream just for this wonderful scent.

- It absords quickly. Best for normal skin.

Cons:

- It has an overpowering scent which lasts pretty long. If you are sensitive to fragrances you should think twice if you really need to get this product.

- It leaves a film residue on the skin. I do like this however.

- The package is bad. You have to stick fingers into product, not like with those lotions in bottles.

- If you have very dry skin, this cream will be too light for you. Or you may apply more layers so it may work for you. This cream locks moisture pretty well.

Beware: There is another product which looks like Dove Original Body Silk. Same package but named as ''Essential Nourishment''. They are NOT the same things! ''Essential Nourishment'' has a very different formula mainly based on glycerine and petroleum. It has a chemical smell unlike Body Silk. It's also very sticky and greasy. Definitely not recommended.
I hope Uniliver isn't planning to replace the Original Silk with this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This moisturiser is just average

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absorbs quickly, leaves my skin smooth and moisurised, light fresh scent. Great product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'cant believe how many times I've purchased the Body Silk Cream... I've been using it since my early teens and it became my classic and signature body cream. I like to switch but I always come back to this one.
The packaging is simple, yet elegant and handy.

The smell is just divine! This is actually how I came to be curious after this product. A friend of mine wore it once on a summer evening and everytime when she passed by I couldn't help but going after her and keep on following her, it was so nice! When I asked her what she wore she told me that it was the Dove Body Silk. I have never smelled something so fresh, clean and yet feminine and elegant.

The texture is amazing: fluffy and rich, yet it doesn't leave a greasy feeling after use (which I hate). You can rub it in and immediately put on your clothes without any uncomfortable feeling. It moisturizes extremely well and leaves the skin silky and soft for the entire day.

I recommand the use in combination with the Silk Shower Gel or the Silk Beauty Bath. That way the scent is layered and even lasts longer.

Overall this is the best body moisturizer there is, and with a very kind price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A year-round basic. This body cream is fine either for protecting the skin from dehydrating in the summer (I actually use it sometimes as a substitute for after-sun lotion) and from the extremely cold weather aggression. The scent is wonderful, and so is the texture - rich yet not too greasy and quickly absorbed. It lasts a lot as well, as a small amount covers a lot of body area and the jar is big enough to provide cream for half a year of daily use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

I have been loving this for so many years. I'm not big on body moisturizers, but this is one I've purchased over and over since my teens. It smells incredible, it's the smell of all smells, one only Dove could deliver. Apart from that, it also goes on light and absorbs very fast, with no noteworthy residue. This, I can put on and then slip right into my skinny jeans with no stickiness issue. It's so soothing for the skin as it keeps it supple and comfortable without smothering it with greasiness or clogging up the pores. After a few minutes all you can feel is soft, baby skin with absolutely no tackiness, and a faint scent which is extremely pleasant to you and everyone around you. I've gotten so many compliments on the way my skin feels and smells because of this over the years. The only downside to it is the packaging, I always prefer tubes rather than huge pots, but that's just my personal preference. My entire family loves this as much as I do, so it's highly recommended for anyone. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Lucifiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let's see... this product looks and sounds really good.

The smell is okay: it smells good at first but after a few whiffs, I realized it stunk. Very Badly. There's this extremely pungent chemical smell that's hanging around. However, smell doesn't count for me if the product delivers. 'Cos you sure as hell don't hear about many turning down SK2 or Egyptian Magic Cream, just 'cos the product stinks, do you?

Container: The lid is kind of difficult to handle 'cos of its' size. I'm not sure why Dove couldn't have opted for a slimmer container, so the lid could be smaller and easier to handle. Probably, a gimmick so that the container looks larger than the competitors'?

Feel of the product: yup, the texture of the cream looks silky smooth and seems very light. Well, not as light as whipped cream obviously.

How it performed: However, this thing took hours to absorb! No matter how much I adjusted the amount I put on my skin, it still took forever to absorb. It did do a reasonable job of making my skin smoother but at the price of making it itchy! I don't mean "slightly itchy" but "super itchy". Also, I'd to use a chunk of the cream just to make my feet heal.

Now, I'm using some foot salve by Human Heart Nature and that absolutely, trumps the healing power of this cream. Just a little of the salve and my skin heals reasonably well.

So, will I be getting this cream again? Definitely no. And I suggest that you spend your money elsewhere, on something much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Dove Body silk since it was ALL the rave on the boards back in the early 2000's! Luckily I've always found some amazing MUAer overseas to send me a few tubs since its not available here in the US. I LOVE the texture of this stuff and the scent is just so clean, powdery and fresh! Its never greasy and has as powdery feel once its dried. I'll continue to use this for as long as I can get my hands on it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by mlay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never again! This stuff is horrible!

First of all, I absolutely hate the smell of this product. It has a really heavy fake smell to it that stayed in my room for days whenever I used this moisturizer.

But the smell is nothing compared to the fact that it didn't hydrate my skin at all and actually really dried it out. At first I didn't think that this product was so bad, because directly after application it left my skin feeling soft and moisturized. However, after taking a shower at the end of the day my skin was actually drier than it was in the first place! So apparently this stuff only puts a layer onto your skin that gives it a nice feeling, but actually does nothing to hydrate it.

All in all, this is absolutely the worst moisturizer I have ever used and I will DEFINITELY never buy this again.