April 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by albs

I bought this to replace NARS Orgasm, which I almost completely used up. I love the peachy-pink blushes with gold shimmer/sheen but I didn't want to repurchase the NARS because of the price and because I wanted to try a new formula. There are so many blushes that are similar it's certainly not difficult to find one. I really like this, it gives a beautiful golden sheen to the cheekbones and negates the necessity for a highlight. I like it more than the NARS because I always felt that Orgasm had fairly chunky glitter in it, and the shimmer in this is much more fine. The price is also better, and I got this one for 30% off at London Drugs. One thing that I'm not a big fan of is the packaging. I don't love any of TheBalm's packaging, and I definitely prefer a sturdy plastic compact to a magnetic cardboard one. Overall I prefer this to NARS Orgasm even if they're not identical products, and it's a great every day blush if you like peachy-pink colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

This blush reminds me of NARS Orgasm, although I'm not sure it could be a substitute for it.
This blush is great. I use it whenever I want some extra glow, and it works wonder. It makes my skin looks fresher. But note this is a shimmery blusher, so you may want to use just a tiny bit, unless you want to look like a disco ball ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this as an extra in a swap. What a great blush. Peach with hint of shimmer. Note chalky. Applies smoothly with my angled cheek/blush brush. Last all day (at least work day hours) Good substitute/dupe for NARS orgasm blush. Cute packaging, reminds me of Benefit Cosmetics packaging. This is my daily blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Tiane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My everyday blush, perfect for my pale skin. Gorgeous color, easy to apply, and it doesnt break me out. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by noemielizabethh

I have pretty fair skin. I'm not pale but I am usually the second lightest shade in face products. This blush is definitely good to add a little bit of liveliness to my face when I want to rock the natural look. The color lasts almost all day. I would say that it has a medium pigmentation. It takes a few extra swipes to get a more noticeable color out of it but I like it looking very light. This blush is has kind of a shimmery peachy pink color to it. I'm more of a pinkish bronze colored blush type of girl so I wouldn't repurchase this specific color. The price is okay. I mean $20 for a good blush is not bad at all. I am rating this 4 out of 5 because of how long it stays on the face throughout the day and for a shimmery, daily use kind of blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous blush. It gives me this glow from within, simply beautiful. The color is like a muted corally peach with shimmery gold. It doesn't look sparkly, rather, it gives off a goldish sheen with a soft pinkish color on my skin. The reason I docked a lippie, is because I have medium skin tone and this kind of go sheer on me. You see more of the golden shimmer than you do of the color pigment. Unless I build/pack on more color it would show but I don't want to be too shimmery (as any form of glitter/sparkle/shimmer attracts attention to my pores.)
In certain lightings you see the true peachy coral shine through, though I mostly see the golden shimmer. This isn't necessarily a bad thing because it also acts as a highlight.
I do like this product a lot but I wouldn't repurchase because this blush isn't necessarily a whammy for me.
Nonetheless, if you like a light coraly peachie pink blush with a gold sheen, this is something worth trying.
I like this better than orgasm because I find orgasm to have too much sparkles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using a deluxe sample of Hot Mama for several months now and although I can concede that it is a great everyday blush and likely looks marvelous on fair to medium skin tones, I don't think it's something I am particularly enamored with.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it is similar to NARS Orgasm and Deep Throat, golden pink with tons of finely milled shimmer. It applies very evenly and beautifully to the face, it's a powdery formula, and I believe you can also use it a light wash of eyeshadow. However, on my tanner skin, it looks slightly garish in the stark daylight. Waaay too much shimmer to look natural and I find that staying power isn't always the best on my combo skin. Admittedly, I've been gravitating towards matte everything in general, so this might also be a reason for my lukewarm feelings. However, I'm going to continue using the sample, but as a light handed highlight to my cheeks. As you can probably guess, I don't have any plans to buy the full-sized version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a super shimmery pink/peach blush. I personally use this as a highlighter (lightly and much diffused), and for that purpose I find it's pretty good. I read some reviews that compare it to NARS Orgasm and whilst I can sort of see it I don't entirely agree. On my skin Orgasm had much more colour to it (definitely a blush), whereas this can be diffused away to just shimmer. If you wanted to wear this as a blush I think it would be frost city before you had enough colour for it to show, unless you're very, very fair. As a highlight it's beautiful because it has a peachy tinge so it doesn't turn you gold or white or brown or anything, it looks quite natural and glowy.

The packaging is cardboard and whilst I'm not in love with the maraca girl on the front it's a bit less risque than some of theBalm's 'girls' (she looks like she's at the beach rather than in her underwear).

I would probably repurchase this because it is pretty reasonably priced and looks good but I'm not sure I'd call it a holy grail product (I doubt I'll ever finish it though).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is good stuff.

It's a peach/coral color and with a golden shimmer undertone. There are no big glimmer bits in this brush.
When used sparingly it looks very natural, apply more and the color will pop. It suits my dry skin well. It's very high pigmented and has lasted me for over a year.

Great product, highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a blusher fanatic so when I saw this for 1/2 price on HauteLook I snatched it up. So glad I did because the colour is beautiful! It's similar to Orgasm obviously but has some differences.I think it's closer to Tarte's Glisten. I find the pink tone to be a touch brighter and the gold shimmer is gorgeous and it doesn't show my pores. Definitely more pink than peach in my opinion. Also the gold in it highlights the skin really well.
I also like that it's talc free. It goes on very smooth and lasts for a good amount of time without retouching. It's very pigmented as well so you don't need to pick up a lot of product to build it up.

I love the packaging because it does make this blush very travel friendly. I just pack a SE MAC Contour brush and I'm good to go. I'm an NW20,blonde hair,green eyes, and this colour suits my skin tone very well! I haven't broke out and it is a great daily blush. So glad I got this and I would repurchase if I had to but there's so much product I won't have to worry about that for quite a while. Great product! I will mos def be trying more of TheBalms blushers and products! Highly Recommended!