Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the bad luck of being acne-prone but allergic to benzoyl peroxide, which many acne scrubs have. I decided to try this because it was benzoyl peroxide free (salicylic acid is the main acne fighter in this) and easy on my wallet.

This is my go-to facial scrub. My face feels so clean after I use it and I feel like it definitely helps keep my acne under control. It doesn't make me break out either. Please note that it does have a bit of a medicinal smell from the salicylic acid.

It also takes away any extra makeup that might be left on my face that I missed with a makeup wipe. Plus, my face isn't allergic to it!

LOVE this product!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I do not think you get a lot of product for the price.
This irritated my skin and caused me to break out more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first i thought this was working, but then my forehead looked like it was starting to break out so i stopped. Few days later i decided "hmmm my skin started to look better after using this, it probably wasn't breaking me out" Used it for 3 days in a row again and broke out on one side of my cheek with irritated acne. The "tingly" clean feeling is NOT good for your skin, it means your skin is irritated. I thought it was working because it gave my skin a "deep clean" feeling, but it got oily in less than an hour and it also felt like there was a residue left on my skin. I'm throwing this out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very acne prone skin I was using proactive for a while but it was so expensive and I heard it's not very good for my skin. Started using this a few weeks ago it has kept my skin pretty clear still getting some pimples though. It Irritates my skin sometime if I have like a pimple it stings when I go to wash my face. I use a electric brush when I just used my fingers it didn't work at all. Overall I don't love this product but I don't hate it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've only been using this scrub for a bit over a week now and the day I had started using it my skin was initially very oily and my skin was red with big blemishes all over my cheeks and chin, and the first 3 or so days I felt as if my skin was starting to clear up, redness went down and the pimples started to flatten out. My skin was soft and wasn't oily but I use it the same as I did then and now my skin is overly oily and my face is a lot redder and blotchy! I recommend it for someone trying to maintain their clear skin, not for someone as acne prone as myself but I will continue to use it until I see the results!

I really liked the Neutrogena Oil -Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash! I checked the reviews for the scrub and they were even better so I decided to go buy the scrub. It is a bit stronger than the cleanser but I have seen more results with the scrub. It cleans well and is not drying.

On my second tube. After nearly 20 years on Proactiv, I wanted to ween myself off without a breakout disaster. So far the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub has worked well. I switched several months ago and my face has remained relatively clear. The only negative is that it doesn't seem to get all my make-up off, even with the scrubbers. I always have quite a bit of make-up left on my cotton-pad after sweeping my face with toner. I will continue to purchase since this new routine has kept my skin clear.

I've been using this face wash for years now, along with other products that I rotate. I love this because it has salicylic acid which helps with my acne prone skin. It helps clear my skin and I also love that it has a tingling sensation when I use it. Not to mention it has a fresh smelling scent. It has a couple of beads inside that's supposed to help exfoliate, but I really don't think it does. It's just a wonderful product if you have oily, acne prone skin. You can get it any drugstore and it's affordable.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for about $6.00 at Walmart. I have mild acne and dry skin. I researched the type of acne I had and what's best for it. I found out I had a lot of comedonal acne all over my chin and the sides of my cheeks. I had both non-inflammortary and inflammatory acne. I'd get at least one or two new pimples each day. They said Salicylic acid is best to treat this acne, so I bought this product, also a plus being oil free. I have been using this for about two weeks and have not gotten a pimple!! I also feel my comedonal acne reducing. It is drying my skin a bit but I already have dry skin so it was expected. I pair this with cetaphil oil free moisturizer for acne prone skin and my skin feels so much better! I wash my skin twice a day( morning/night). I have acne scars which I know will fade in time with good exfoliating from this product. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue to work for me :) smells really nice by the way!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. A friend of mine who also has acne recommended this to me. I decided to try it out, and I ended up spending $9.00 CAD for the tube. I was beyond excited, but in the end I am super disappointed. First off, the feel of this scrub is really nice. It's super creamy, and the little beads gently exfoliate the skin. It leaves my skin feeling clean, and pretty soft. The smell is a bit odd for me, I find it to be quite unpleasant for some reason, it smells like the inside of a hospital to me. This scrub honestly destroyed my skin though! For the first few weeks of using it I thought I liked it, but after that I started to realize that my acne kept getting worse and my face was getting all oily and gross! I kept using it though, trying to give it another chance to redeem itself, but things have gotten horrible. My skin has reacted terribly with this scrub. My face is now all red, swollen, and itchy because of it. This has never happened to me before while using a product, and it's painful! I'm honestly so sad that this didn't work for me like it did for so many other people. :(