October 20, 2014 | 950 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sana - Excel 39mm eyelash curler

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in fever pink that I got some years back and bought a new one in gold fom Tokyu Hands a few days ago (you can find it at any drug store in Japan). I've tried Maquillage, Shu Uemura and Koji (I like this one a lot) but only this Excel 39 eyelash curler fans out my lashes. Looks very natural, even sans mascara. It comes with an extra lash pad but you can buy them in a pack of two for 150yen. Five stars for quality (my old one still works well - I just change the pads every now and then) , performance and value for money!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by nikorouge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best curler I have. Better than the shu one and the koji. As it is wider, it doesn't pinch my lids and make a nice natural curl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

Wow, this eyelash curler really does a great job of curling! The gel pad is nice and cushiony and curls the first time. It was pretty hard to track down and when I found it, it cost about $15 US. But it's cheaper than the Shu Uemura curler which it was time for me to replace. It lives up to the hype!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

My HG eyelash curler! Used Shiseido's curler for about two years previously and while I find it pretty good for my eye shape, I ditched it when I managed to get my hands on a Sana curler. Sana's curls so much better than Shiseido's! Wide (39mm) enough for my asian eye shape and manages to curl all my lashes. Comes with an extra refill padding. I epecially love the spring power of the curler. I bought my first a few years back but I find that the spring is starting to lose its tightness so I bought a new one. The old curler still can be used with no problem at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by shizzbananaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a new curler, & was deciding between the Shu, Shiseido, Koji, & this. After seeing the raves of this product, & finding it ebay for around $4, I decided to try it out.
My initial thought about this curler was that it was badly made, IMO. The clamp is crooked, and even though it doesn't affect its performance, it still bothers me.
Oh, this also comes with a replacement pad.
Overall, I'd have to say the curvature is good, perhaps even better than the Shiseido. It gets all of my lashes, however does not keep them curl as long.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by rish22

HG!!!

I have used Shu Uemura in the past...and since it was busted I was looking for something new.

I heard about this Excel curler...was looking for it at SASA.

Since it wasn't available there I got the Shiseido one instead.

I must say the Shiseido is pretty good better than the Shu one.

But when I got this online....WOW!!

Only one word WOW!!

My eyelashes have never been soooooo curled and stayed that way the whole day!!

Every girl who use makeup have got to try this curler at least ONCE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this curler from Japan not too long ago and i think it's good. i read other people's reviews before i bought it and it is true - it does catch all the small lashes at both ends. also you gotta use the curler properly to make it look nice or else you may pull your lashes! just play with it for a bit to find the best way to use it, but it really does curl nicely without the crimp (unless you only curl one spot). overall, it's a pretty good curler :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by lipglosseater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: About RM40, varies from seller to seller (Approx. US$11)
Website: Excelmake.com

Actual Product Pic:

Packaging & Feel:

This lash curler comes in a plastic box! I'm lucky to be able to purchase the GOLD LE one a year ago! Seems like this color is quite easily available now! :P

It comes with an extra rubber pad too! :)

This lash curler feels quite solid overall. When you crimp your lashes, you can feel the "springiness" of the grip!! (not sure if i'm making sense here, but i hope you get what am i saying! lol!!). The rubber pad is appears to be a silicon one instead of a foamy rubber one, which is great because the latter can literally rip your lashes out! (Speaking from experience here... YEOUCH!!) :S

The fit is perfect for my eyes! :)

SIDE NOTE: what is it with men and their fear of eyelash curlers? The husband says that it looks like a device for popping your eyeballs out! LOL!! XD

Time Test:
Without mascara, my curled lashes remained so for the entire day, which is really amazing!! Somehow, with mascara, the curls don't last as long!

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at about RM40, and is available through certain ebay / forum sellers. I got mine from Fiobeauty through her ebay listings! :)

Usage:
I curl my lashes with this prior to mascara! :)

My $0.02:
I was contemplating between buying the much raved about Shu Uemura curler, or the equally famous Shiseido curler when i read about this curler in a beauty forum. Imagine my glee when i manage to source for a LE gold one (seems like it's not so LE now ya since alot of sellers are selling it already! :D)! All in all i'm really pleased with this curler! I was using a TBS one prior to this and that is ONE horrible curler from hell! :S I have long but poker straight lashes, and this curls my lashes nicely! The best part is, they remained curled for the whole day, which is really amazing! Alright, talk is cheap, i'll let the pictures do the convincing!

A whole world of difference right!! How not to love this curler you tell me?! :D

In a Nutshell:

My HG culer!! :D

Likes: Curls lashes beautifully!!
Gripes: A little hard to find - only available online locally :(
Repurchase: Yes!! I'm looking for the Pink LE one! :D

Rating:
5 Stars ! HG Stuff!!!

Credits: Product photo from Fiobeauty.com. continued >>

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by emptyblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this one beat all curlers ive used, i returned my shiseido one the next day after i received this along with the package i ordered online

cannot stress enough how much i love it. my mom and aunt all start 'stealing' my curler constantly after they realize how much better this one is than all curlers they've bought in their lives..(note they are all middle-aged ladies=] ) abosolutely amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Curler!!! I bought this in Japan after hearing great raves about it and boy I was not disappointed. I like the fact that it suited my Asian eyes perfectly and was able to curl ALL my lashes from the roots. The eyelash curler padding is very soft hence a light hand is all I need for perfect curls! Great. Will buy again and again and again, and unlike Shu Uemura, SANA provides eyelash curler padding refills too! :)