September 15, 2014 | 868 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Summer Color Self-Tanning Mist

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

*Scent-Orange citrus

*DHA scent kicks after a few hours but isn't bad....(DHA is the 7th ingredient)

*Sprays on clear and in a light mist.

So I haven't tanned in a week due to me being lazy lol but I have been using this....I mainly got it to even out my sides and also have been using it all over (except my face)

The scent is really nice and light! I will say tho every time I sprayed myself or had my husband spray me this stuff sprays on cold lol but besides that it goes on nice and have had no issues with the areosol spray clogging.

After the spray is on it dries pretty quickly wich is great and I noticed in some areas it would feel a little sticky but it was no big deal. Also if you have dry skin that is not moisturized the dry spots will suck up the DHA and look a little orange (I had a little of that near my under arms the first 2x I used it).....After my sides got sprayed tho I'd rub it in to make sure I had no splotchyness. Another plus is that it seems to be pretty tansfer resistant,I didn't see any come off onto my cothes....just remember if you get it on your hands to wash them.

Overall I'm really enjoying this spray a lot!!! I had no orangies going on and this evened out my sides by the 3rd time I used it. The color developes really well,on me I noticed a difference color wise after 2hrs of spraying it on.

During my week of not tanning I used it all over my body and it gave me really nice natural brown color and deepend my exisisting tan. I had no splotchyness or streaking at all wich was great!

I got this at Target for $5 just to test out before I get one of the pricey ones and I'm glad I did!! I would highly reccomend this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I felt like my can may have been a bad batch where color wasn't added. It did absolutely nothing to me. Not a thing. I had no color what-so-ever and I am a very pale person, so spray something on me and it's going to show. Not this. Nope!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive tried em all.. i was using the jergens glow and noticed i was getting that build up alligator skin look so tried this banana boat spray. I really like the color its a true tan not too orange. The application is strange as you cant just spray it on you, have to spray and blend in with your hands. I like the spray better than a lotion as it dries quickly. The spray is very cooling almost cold. The smell is not that appealing but it fades quickly. I will use this as my new spray tan as it is believable

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by daph16dun

I absolutely love this product. It doesn't turn an orange color and it dries quickly. The only problem I have with this product is having a white mark where I lay on my arms when I sleep. I apply it before bed and let it dry, I lay, letting it dry, for about an hour. When I wake up in the morning where there was pressure on a spot is white. Other than that this product is great, I've tried other self tanners and this is by far my favorite

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by elgruetz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The look is very natural - even on my winter-white skin. It is easy to apply and can be sprayed from all different angles. To ensure even coverage, I spray it on, then rub it in with my hand. It gives light coverage, so often requires two applications, but I prefer that, as it's easier to apply more than try and tone it down.

The price is so reasonable! I have tried other, more expensive products, but this one is, not only the best, but the cheapest!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

This spray tan is horrible. First of all, the smell is really gross... It's supposed to smell like "limes" but it just smells nasty. The product itself is sticky, and even if I apply a very light layer, rub it in, and stand in front of a fan, it takes forever to dry, or at least to become non-sticky. Worst of all, it did NOTHING to me. I didn't see any difference in my skin color. It was a waste of money!! I would give it 0 if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed365

The Good: This self tanner is awesome because the tan is a natural looking tan. Also the spray helps mist evenly all over your body and it does last about 7 days. The tan does not flake off... it just fades slowly which is very nice.

The Bad: It does not smell good. It's not the worst but not the best smelling. The smell goes away within a day. A good tip is to spray tan at night, let it dry for about 20 minutes, then sleep and wake up in the morning and shower. This will get rid of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by annp17

I go the lengths of having a tan appearance living in Miami. Having fair, burn-prone skin, I always look to tanners for a no-sun sun look. I bought Banana Boat's self tanning mist spray today at Target (on sale for $6!) and tried it out today. I only have rave reviews for the mist. Not only is the smell tolerable (and fairly good), the mist really flows out well so it does all the work in ensuring the formula gets on your skin evenly. I have always used lotions so I was nervous at first to use the spray, but like I said, it was so easy to use. I waited 10 minutes for it to dry and reapplied a second coat, (for the promised 7 day length of color), and was amazed by how my skin glowed instantly. The color developed a total natural tan shade, not orangey at all! I recommend the product to all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by HeySamJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So I am a veteran self tanning girl. I live in the U.S. city with the LEAST amount of sun per year, so we don't really tan here, more like rust, lol! Anyways, so I tried Banana Boat Summer Color, and so far I like it. The color is really natural, and the scent isn't great, but WAY better than most tanners! It doesn't have that stinky "self tanner" smell. The only recommendation I can make is hold it far away, but not too far. I was a little too easy on my legs, then had no choice but to hold it closer to my arms and abdomen. So, my legs didn't tan as much as my arms, but, I can go back and reapply. I do have to say though that this stuff is FANTASTIC for your feet! Just keep a good distance and you'll be fine. I am medium skinned so as it said in other reviews it can be a bit orangy the first day, especially if you have very light skin. I do have to say it is WAY easier than lotion however, once you get the hang of it. It only took me maybe 5 mins to apply, and maybe 10 to dry. The lotions I have used took much longer to apply, and twice if not three times longer to dry. So for a super quick kick of color (if you do not have super white skin), this is pretty good stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

This product develops much faster than any other gradual self tanning lotion or mousse I own. I use to think my St. Moriz tanning mousse and Nivea Summer Touch lotion are the best at giving the most colour with the least amount of application, but I have to say that the Banana Boat Tanning Mist has them beat. The colour it gives, although dark, I feel is slightly orange. My skin is light-medium so it shows up slightly orange in white light but I'm sure if someone with fair skin tried this on it would look unnaturally orange on them. I don't necessarily love the colour, but in a pinch if I need to get dark fast in order to wear shorts/skirt then I'd reach for this. I didn't have an issue with streaking because I made sure to exfoliate beforehand and applying lotion on the areas prone to streaking (i.e. ankles, elbows, knees and wrists), but I did learn that with the mist dispenser, you have to make sure you cover all angles of your body or else you will miss a spot and end up looking uneven. I have learned that I need to hold the nozzle about a feet away from my body and spray in circular motions all the way down my front, my back, AND my sides. It's quite difficult to keep track of how much product you've applied because its not tinted--i wish it was! Drying time was average, I find this mist didn't dry any faster than my lotions so if you worry about damaging your clothes I would suggest you wear something dark to bed. I only apply self tanner on in the evening so the product develops overnight and I can wash away the stinky self tanner smell in the morning. This leads me to address the STINK. BOY does this product stink. The fresh citrus-y fragrance only lasts 5 minutes before it is replaced by a fried noodle/biscuit-y smell. This is, hands down, the stinkiest self-tanner I have ever used, even more so than Jergens Natural Glow. To sum things up, this product has its pros: dark colour fast, quick spray on applicaiton and inexpensive, and its cons: orange colour, uneven finish if you don't spray every angle of yourself, spray nozzle can sometimes be difficult to hold down, a little bit of orangeness and majorly stinky. It sounds like the cons outweigh the pros, but I would still repurchase because this product is perfect for the lazy girls who hate to wait 5 days to achieve the colour they set out for.