September 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Karma Bath Melt

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been a Lush fan for quite a few years, but I had never tried anything from their Karma collection. Recently, my husband got me some things as a gift, and Karma bath melt & bath bomb were included. OH MY GOD. I can't believe what a dumb-dumb I was. Karma smells beautiful. I found myself relaxing so much in the tub when I was soaking with a little of the melt and the bubble bar mixed together. To me, it smells like wassail, but I wouldn't say it's overly holiday-ish or anything like that. It just smells awesome. I wanted to soak in it for forever. The glitter is lovely too. (Sidenote-do any men understand why it's so awesome to soak in a tub of glittery water?)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I liked this product... for the most part. I have to agree that it is a little glitter heavy. It smells good but I had to say I would not buy it again based on the glitter level.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by CaytiKyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow. When I first bought this product I thought "Wow that's a lot of glitter!" I do very much enjoy glitter, but I don't wish to look like a stripper on the regular. I didn't realize until I used it that it is not just dipped/coated in glitter like I thought it was. It is essentially a solid mass of gold glitter bound together with Karma scented solid oil. It smells so incredibly nice and the bath itself looked pretty and was fun to soak in. However, when I stepped out of the tub, I was astounded at how much of it clung to my skin. My bum looked like a disco ball (I suppose the glitter settles to the bottom of the tub, precisely where your bum is). Also, there was, ummm, glitter in places that a lady should never have glitter!!! That aside, the effect on the rest of my skin was quite pretty after scrubbing most of the glitter off with a towel, but like costumey pretty or clubbing pretty. Definitely not an everyday product, which is a shame because I would be glad to soak in a Karma scented bath everyday.

Besides the glitter on my skin, the amount of glitter left in my tub was just plain insane. It took multiple scrub and rinse cycles to get it to a manageable level, and there is still loads of glitter in there. My bathroom floor is covered in glitter. My clothes are covered in glitter. My bed is covered in glitter. My couch is covered in glitter. My husband is covered in glitter. My poor chocolate lab pup is covered in glitter (he actually looks rather cute LOL)!

Overall, this is just not worth the trouble. It's hard to take a nice relaxing bath when you know it will be followed up with scrubbing your house down. I won't buy this again if it stays in the current formulation.

Lush - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a Karma bath melt without glitter! Or at least with glitter only on the outside!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not that impessed with this one. Didn't find it particularly moisturising. The glitter stuck sunk to the bottom (and my was there a lot of it!) and stuck to the tub. However, if you rinse the tub straight away it's not a problem to clean up. This one's not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great fragrance, but you will be blinded by the glitter. Oh my god there is so much glitter.

Bring this melt back without the glitter PLEASE

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by catters

I like the smell of Karma but HOLY MOLY the Glitter!! This melt, even if you use just a small amount of it, EXPLODES with glitter in your tub. INSANE GLITTER! Also, it didn't wash out easily from the porcelain (older home) so it irritated my husband who didn't enjoy such a girly place to take a shower. The cocoa butter in it was nicely moisturizing, but the glitter insanity ensures that I won't be purchasing it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by DCJPFan

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love the orange and patchouli scent of Karma and find it very different and refreshing, however, I only enjoy it during a bath, shower or to wash my hands with. I could never use this scent as a perfume, lotion or shampoo because I can't imagine smelling like it for long periods of time. The scent reminds me of the smell I encountered in a small new age store I visited once with my friends. The tarot readers in the store were burning patchouli incenses, and that smell, mixed with their perfumes and all the other essential oils and candles in the store, smelled exactly like Karma does... and I certainly don't want to smell like that store did! However, I did like this bath melt. It looked like a gorgeous gold pyramid in its solid form. Once it melted away, my tub was filled with golden glitter that was fairly easy to rinse away later on. The scent did linger on my skin and in my bathroom very softly and the bath was somewhat moisturizing, however, because of the glitter, I had to take a shower and scrub afterwards, so all the moisturizing effects of this bath melt were lost on me! I won't be repurchasing this but if they do come out with a new version that lacks glitter, I might give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2005 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

This is such a fun thing to put in the bath. This bath melt looks like a little golden glittery pyramid. When you put it in the bath it melts away and fills the bath with gold glitter and Lush's Karma fragrance (patchouli and orange). There's lots of glitter in this little melt, and people who don't like glitter will likely find it to be too much. That said, I LOVE glitter, and this was perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2003 11:01:00 AM More reviews by chaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Glitter, glitter everywhere! Aaaaahhhh! First off, I love, love, love the smell of Karma (I hate patchouli though, go figure) So when I got this from an extremely lovely MUAer, I was giddy! I popped this bad boy into my bath tub, closed my eyes and wallowed in its wonderful scent. The problem came when I opened my eyes - it looked like a gold glitter factory had exploded in my tub! No worries right - just drain the tub! Wrong! The aftermath in my tub made for a scene from the late 70's. It was coated in gold glitter. Can anyone say Studio 64? UGH! I would've given this 4 stars at least if not for that f@#$in' glitter!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Paintedbears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I've already expressed my dislike of this hippie-chick scent under Fragrances, but had to stop in here and comment on the MESS this made in my bathtub!I disliked the smell, but it came to me melted and I hate to waste, so put it in the fridge to firm it up, them into the tub. I poured in caramel bubble bath, hoping to hide some of the patchouli (yeah, right) and took my bath. The bathroon stank for days, but the glitter lived on!And on and on! One of my cats loves to lay in the tub (its cool, I suppose), and got in there and lain in the glitter from the previous night's bath, and took it all over the house too! I pulled back the curtain and was appalled at the huge amount of glitter left after the tub drained. No matter what I did to clean the tub, the glitter would not go away! A week later...I still find glitter! AAAARRRRGGGHHH! continued >>