Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good exfoliating cleanser that wouldn't be too harsh on my face and decided to give this a try. When I used it the beads were too large to actually doing any exfoliating. I do love the peach scent and its very creamy and soft. I'm thinking of just adding some sugar to my hand with the cleanser to get that good scrub.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging is so pretty I was so excited to hop in the shower and see what it was all about. The excitement ended rather quickly.... I oozed some out and slathered some on, it felt like I was lathering lotion on my face not scrub!! yuck. It was waxy and oily. The pieces of pit were too big imo ... they almost hurt. The product left a weird feeling on my face.

I used this about 3/4 times before I stopped. I even used bar of soap to get the oily waxy feeling off my face.

The pros, I like that its natural, cruelty free (that's my main concern) and the smell is actually nice! The product bottle is too. My hats off to burst bees for trying and staying nature

Cheers

on 1/1/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First of all, the pieces in this product are not willowbark. They are peach pit. I do like the lotion texture of this product, but the exfoliating bits are too big and there aren't enough of them. I like a denser scrub. The willowbark is salicylic acid, so you are getting a little chemical exfoliation there if you leave it on long enough. I got this in a holiday set on clearance. I won't repurchase this.

on 12/27/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not user why this product is rated so badly, I love it! I love the scent, it's unlike anything I've ever smelled in a face wash. The willowbark is very chunky and almost too large to be an exfoliator, but if you rub softly, I actually like it. My overall skin glow, pore size, and acne amount have improved since adding this product to my regimen. It's not some crazy miracle product, but it does feel very cleansing. I think it's at least worth a shot.

on 10/12/2014 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Pass on this product - it's a non-drying cream cleanser, but the rough pieces of willowbark will scratch your skin, rather than exfoliate. I don't think the particles are fine enough to evenly release dead skin cells, and there are too few of them to boot.

on 7/11/2014 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I wanted to try a new face scrub and when I went to Walmart whilst traveling in the USA (I don't live there), I picked this one up. I know my friend has some Burt's Bees stuff and it seems pretty good, so why not? But I was let down I must say. The texture is like a lotion with a few hard pieces that scratch your skin. Perhaps it works for some, but I don't feel like it does much. My skin is kind of the same afterwards (although I have quite clear skin to begin with, luckily). It's not bad, but it's worth buying. I stick to my Neutrogena facial scrub.

on 5/19/2014 6:43:00 AM

This product really disappointed me. It has really big and hard particules in it and they scratch your skin and sometimes it even hurts. You shouldn't put pressure on your skin while using it because it can be really painful. I think if they reduce the size of the particules and make them softer, this product can be really good but now, it is definetely waste of money.

on 3/31/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

IF YOU HAVE BLACKHEADS, TRY THIS PRODUCT !!! I am 39 and have been battling enormous pores and blackheads for over 25 years. Not just a few blackheads, mind you. They are ALL over my nose and cheeks. At first, I didn't think this product was working. But I'm glad I kept using it. And yes, it does leave a little residue, but don't let that deter you from trying it.

I applied a warm washcloth to my face, to open up my pores. Then I applied the scrub and really worked it into my problem areas. It's been a week now and I HAVE NEVER SEEN MY PORES SO FREE OF GUNK. Never. And I have tried ALLLL the products.

I recommend using this with the Olay Professional brush, while you're in the shower. If you don't like the slight residue left behind, moisten a cottonball with T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel and swipe your face.

I bought my Burt's Bees Peach & Willow Pore Scrub (under $10) at Rite Aid. I also bought the T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel (under $ 6) there.

I purchased this on a whim due to the fact that I love BB's Replenishing Lotion and Body Wash. Let me start out by saying this scrub HURTS. Even using the gentlest motions this scrub feels like it's tearing into your skin. After rinsing, I felt like I needed to cleanse AGAIN due to the fact that it leaves a film similar to vegetable shortening (Crisco anyone?) on your face. I woke up the next morning with a rash like breakout all over my forehead. I love BB's products, but this one is a MAJOR fail, not to mention the price is way to high! You pay 8-12 dollars for oily goop with jagged scrubbing particles.

on 2/17/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love Burt's Bees but sadly I hated this product. The granules are too harsh and my face never felt clean. The scrub always left an annoying waxy residue on my skin. I hate wasting money & usually try to finish a product even if it's not great... but I HAD to toss this one after about 4 or 5 uses.